Could PFL steal some UFC heavyweights and take over the division?

Most HW’s have the power to KO each other. Lewis has great timing. The way he timed his uppercut against Blaydes is a thing of beauty and that requires a lot of skill. His flying knee KO in his last fight was incredible too. And don’t forget about his Stand-up-jitsu. He’s a skilled fighter, that’s for sure.

You were probably saying that Fury would absolutely demolish Ngannou, right? Ngannou’s wrestling is way better than people give him credit for and he has 20-30 pounds on Jones. There’s a reason Jones took so long to transition to HW, he didn’t want that smoke. And Gane just had that “deer in headlights” moment facing Jones. He wasn’t himself. In his last fight he easily shook off Spivac’s TD attempts and Spivac is one of the best grapplers in the divisio

Jones is the GOAT, but there’s a reason he won’t fight guys like Pavlovich, Aspinall, Blaydes or Volkov. And he knew that he probably wouldn’t beat Ngannou too
Absolutely wrong, review my previous post history on the subjects you just put on me, search them all.

I’m not using MMA math. If Lewis is skilled enough to beat Blaydes and Volkov, it’s moronic to call him an unskilled fighter.
It’s not moronic at all, Lewis best these fighters in Blaydes early in the fight where Lewis showed nothing but again, knock out power. That’s like saying Brett Rodgers is a skilled a fighter because he Ko’d Arlovski or Sokodjou is skilled because he beat Arona and Smol Nog. Lewis beat a Volkov in great fight, but it was lackluster. You’re not going to change my mind, Lewis and Tuivasa are not skilled fighters no matter what you try to tell me. My eyes can’t interpret Lewis especially Tuivasa as skilled fighter.

I’ve been watching this MMA shit too long, years go by and the more I realize 170 and under are the best fighters on the planet based on skill. 205 at one point was amazing, then it went downhill, it’s like everyone above 185 forget there is other aspects to fighting, slowly HW’s are getting better but truly the last great HW based on skill not power was Daniel Cormier. A prime Daniel Cormier would wipe the floor with todays Heavyweights aside from Jones.

I’m not using MMA math. If Lewis is skilled enough to beat Blaydes and Volkov, it’s moronic to call him an unskilled fighter.
Look, it’s my opinion.
I really don’t believe Lewis is skilled let alone Tuivasa. Yes they have beaten far greater skilled fighters but it was not because they were much more skilled but more of the strength, physicality and power. I just can’t get behind them being skilled especially Tuivasa, Lewis to a degree is actually competent enough defensively on the ground but it’s adequate for the current state of the HW division, not MMA as a whole.

Tom Asoinall just boasted about signing the Pvlovich fight contract without reading it.

You guys really think they're smart enough? Even with the guaranteed 2 million for simply being Ngannous opponent.

Tom Asoinall just boasted about signing the Pvlovich fight contract without reading it.

You guys really think they're smart enough? Even with the guaranteed 2 million for simply being Ngannous opponent.

An interim title for championship pay and PPV points on an MSG card with two title fights of the heaviest weight classes? That promises a fight with Jon Jones next summer if you win and the chance to get the greatest win in MMA history? Or the promotion to undisputed champion if Jon simply retires?

Yeah man, what an idiot for taking that deal instead of going to PFL to be Ngannou's "superfight PPV opponent". Like, you do realize Ngannou isn't even in PFL's heavyweight division right? He's signed to their one off fight division. You get to fight him and then have to sit around until PFL manages to sign anybody else for you to fight, and you don't get that guaranteed pay for that.

It's hilarious how people keep praising Ngannou for "taking a gamble" but then pretend to be shocked that other HWs actually are taking gambles in the UFC instead of just doing the guaranteed route that Ngannou actually took.

That was before the fight actually took place. I bet Black Beast is probably regretting that, he has 0 chance at the ufc title and could have easily gotten the fight with a previous win over Ngannou. Then he could do the tournament for an easy million.

still point is they told everyone 2 mill to fight Francis and yet Jailton immediately resigned with ufc and Lewis who was basically looked at as a sure bet he'd go take that PFl offer didnt even flinch and signed with ufc.

i'm sure someone will take it eventually if he ever fights in PFL but its def not gonna be this swarm of guys leaving to fill PFl roster.

at best maybe you get Blaydes or Volkov at the end of their deal and leave but jones is locked, stipe is gonna retire, lewis and jailton just resigned and pav/aspinall winner atleast will be locked down.

the PFL could start the women's welterweight and above divisions and rule them till the end of time and claim they have all the best fem heavyweights. cool story. Male atom weight titles carry more weight than any men's MMA HW title in 2023. THe prestige of the men's HW MMA scene right now isn't much higher than that. (obviously i'm talking about the prestige and approval of the secret all knowing council. Of course the public perception is HW is da-bes cause HW)

WHo is the next guy in their career twilight whose age rounds up to or breaks 40 is about to become HW champ just cause they c(had)ut down from super heavyweight to weight bully all the contenders who are in the cruiser weight is loser weight 230s pound beta weight ranged of heavyweight, while the contenders who crack the 240 lbs mark are just fat or have phony useless for athletics weight such as the flabby scraps on the bones of overroid's ghost leftover by usada?

Overroid shrinking to his actual welterweight self 5 seconds after fully cutting out the horse meat is a perfect symbol of how phony heavyweight is. Actual all natty no bod fat 6 foot 5 plus, 255 plus, AAA athlete chizzads are picking other sports such as finger keyboard olympics on innernet forums n comment sections

Last edited:
I mean they protentionally can, PFL is backed be Saudi's, They started the LIV golf league stole bunch of good players from PGA just by throwing money at them.

Last edited:
An interim title for championship pay and PPV points on an MSG card with two title fights of the heaviest weight classes? That promises a fight with Jon Jones next summer if you win and the chance to get the greatest win in MMA history? Or the promotion to undisputed champion if Jon simply retires?

Yeah man, what an idiot for taking that deal instead of going to PFL to be Ngannou's "superfight PPV opponent". Like, you do realize Ngannou isn't even in PFL's heavyweight division right? He's signed to their one off fight division. You get to fight him and then have to sit around until PFL manages to sign anybody else for you to fight, and you don't get that guaranteed pay for that.

It's hilarious how people keep praising Ngannou for "taking a gamble" but then pretend to be shocked that other HWs actually are taking gambles in the UFC instead of just doing the guaranteed route that Ngannou actually took.
"Glory". "Undisputed champion".

Glory is what the public gives. I'm sure people won't simply chalk it off to Jones being post injury, old and slow, at the tail end of his career.

Undisputed champ Stipe earned a disclosed 600k vs Ngannou 1, later earned 750k in his win against DC. Ngannou won 600k against Gane. The UFC sure treats all their "undisputed champs" so well huh.

if PFL pays more. not really steal but some of them will prefer to get out of UFC and dana has to offer bigger pay for them else they'd move to PFL. recent leak of the documents was that conor and jones are paid in millions each fight.

"Glory". "Undisputed champion".

Glory is what the public gives. I'm sure people won't simply chalk it off to Jones being post injury, old and slow, at the tail end of his career.

Undisputed champ Stipe earned a disclosed 600k vs Ngannou 1, later earned 750k in his win against DC. Ngannou won 600k against Gane. The UFC sure treats all their "undisputed champs" so well huh.

Look at you go, making my exact point that you prefer the conservative route of just getting guaranteed up front disclosed pay. And not the actual gambling route dependent on bonuses, platforms, opportunities, etc. you keep pretending is the route Francis took and you want others to take when they did the complete opposite.

It's fine, I just don't understand why you guys continue to lie about this. I mean I know why as it's a nice narrative, but it doesn't hold up to any scrutiny so I guess I just don't understand why you bother with such a flimsy lie. There's nothing wrong with simply saying you agree the guaranteed route was the better option. Nothing worth lying about, fighters have been opting for that for a long time which is why so many of them, including Francis, have flat purses instead of show/win purses.

Also just fucking lol at citing Francis' past pay when he was purposefully staying on his old contract to fight it out. No shit his pay sucked by doing that (and actually Fury himself said it was fine for a new champion and not an established one, go take it up with him). Francis himself said he's lost $15M by not signing the contracts the UFC wanted him to sign for his fights since Stipe. Sitting here and using artificially low numbers doesn't make the point you think it does. It just shows you're dishonest.

Look at you go, making my exact point that you prefer the conservative route of just getting guaranteed up front disclosed pay. And not the actual gambling route dependent on bonuses, platforms, opportunities, etc. you keep pretending is the route Francis took and you want others to take when they did the complete opposite.

It's fine, I just don't understand why you guys continue to lie about this. I mean I know why as it's a nice narrative, but it doesn't hold up to any scrutiny so I guess I just don't understand why you bother with such a flimsy lie. There's nothing wrong with simply saying you agree the guaranteed route was the better option. Nothing worth lying about, fighters have been opting for that for a long time which is why so many of them, including Francis, have flat purses instead of show/win purses.

Also just fucking lol at citing Francis' past pay when he was purposefully staying on his old contract to fight it out. No shit his pay sucked by doing that (and actually Fury himself said it was fine for a new champion and not an established one, go take it up with him). Francis himself said he's lost $15M by not signing the contracts the UFC wanted him to sign for his fights since Stipe. Sitting here and using artificially low numbers doesn't make the point you think it does. It just shows you're dishonest.
can you shorten that essay? thanks.

Ngannou isn't active enough to help build a HW division. Now that he's relevant in boxing, he's sacrificing his earning potential in mma unless it's a mega fight. In mma on paper the only ones are Jones or Aspinall. Until he's finished with top guys in boxing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back