Could PFL steal some UFC heavyweights and take over the division?

Their best bet would be to not steal from UFC but from ACA. Kirill Kornilov, Alikhan Vakhaev, Mukhamed Vakhaev...

Dream fights would be rare if PFL buy Elite Fighters of UFC we already lost Ngannou x Jones.
Tbh I’ve never really cared about that fight. I’d rather see Frank against Aspinall, Pav, Almeida, or a rematch with Gane. Don’t care about him fighting Bader, Werdum, or JDS again either. Just seems like a waste but he got paid so whatever.

You’d prefer a saudi backed organisation to just buy up all the good fighters like they do in football?
At least the fighters would get paid, we’d see the fights we want to see and the people running it wouldn’t blatantly disrespect their athletes to the fans.

So to answer your question - sure, why not?

No they probably can't, most big names have signed new contracts in the past 2 years. Jones is locked for life.
Still a chance Stipe is at the end of his contract but I doubt it, they would not let him fight Jones.

At least the fighters would get paid, we’d see the fights we want to see and the people running it wouldn’t blatantly disrespect their athletes to the fans.

So to answer your question - sure, why not?
The fights we want to see meaning one fight, ngannou vs jones, that the ufc already tried to make, but ngannou said no to. Thanks PFL

we see all the fights we want to see already, this isn’t boxing

pretty sure ufc would tie up people with lawsuits somehow if there was any attempts of making mma better.

If it's true that Ngannou negotiated that his opponent would get a million dollar purse, somebody could go for it.
But I think most of the top UFC HWs do get paid well don't they? Like 200k.

Almost any up and coming HW will prefer to fight for the UFC, that is where they will make a name for themselves.

PFL is a decent option for guys who already have a decent name for themselves, guys from the UFC like Ngannou who arn't exactly spring chickens.

The next generation will choose the UFC if possible, maybe older guys will defect to PFL.

I don't think the UFC is in danger of losing out in this situation.

UFC always will be the NBA of MMA if you're Champion of UFC you're the King.

This. UFC (like NBA, NFL, etc.) have the brand that people now and follow. UFC is a biggest name than any fighters on the roster (outside of maybe Conor). PFL could buy up all the HWs and nobody would really give a shit. They'd still watch and pay for UFC fight cards instead.

Look at LIV tour vs PGA. LIV tried to buy up all the good golfers and then nobody gave a shit about LIV tour. In the end LIV and the Saudis basically bought the PGA tour so they did pretty much take over.

I guess the only way PFL b/c the prime spot for fighters is if they buy the entire UFC name brand, which they could afford.

Ngannou isn't even in PFL's heavyweight division. He's part of their separate superfight PPV or whatever division. He has nothing to do with their heavyweight roster, hence why he doesn't have to compete in their league's tournaments.

PFL will never kick off until they figure out their format. They're either a league or they're not. Can't try and have it both ways. Other sports know this. You don't see the NFL just telling their bracket matchups to fuck off and make whatever matchup they feel like it.

Bullshit. HW have Pavlovich, Aspinall, Gane, Blaydes, Volkov, Almeida, Tai and Lewis. It’s a f*chin good division

You forgot Spivak, who had wasted both Tuivasa and Lewis, and who are not that good, but other than that it's good list.

I'ts not very good division, but it's not bad either, at least on the top.

Derrick Lewis somehow resigned with the UFC. No clue what the PFL is doing. My guess is the UFC offered him that long contract with a little less money per fight than what the guarantee would be to fight Francis would be so in the long run over the 6 fights or whatever he signed he'd make more money. Lewis to me was the only interesting HW they could have pouched. The top HW's probably are locked in for a while. Even if they absorb Bellator that won't give them much in matchmaking at HW.

Yeah i agree with you. Thought lewis would have left and i guess pfl missed an opportunity on this one...even if i do think lewis is not far from being done

They can considering their resources. The better bet is to sign those odd regional guys that can't beat a drug test.

Well, Ngannou's opponent is guaranteed $2Million right?

Its on Ngannou's contract.

I'm sure a lot of top HWs want that payday.

Pavlovich was guaranteed $350k last fight, while Aspinall made $210K base

Those 2 are fighting for the Interim HW Championship.

$2 Million base is a lot more money.

Bullshit. HW have Pavlovich, Aspinall, Gane, Blaydes, Volkov, Almeida, Tai and Lewis. It’s a f*chin good division
Take out Tai & Lewis and the division consist of only the peoples you named left who actually are pretty good fighters.

There aren't many great hws these days.

Pfl would have to shell out big $ to sign real A level athletes and build their names up from scratch. Get some Bob Sapp looking dudes , put them in fights that make em look good, and tell the public their hws are the best in mma. That's the smartest move pfl could make at this point imo.

Definitely. They are funded by the Saudi government. Offer 50% more than the UFC and they will take over.
you know you’re in the premiere fight organization when you need to worry about registering as a foreign agent

Take out Tai & Lewis and the division consist of only the peoples you named left who actually are pretty good fighters.
Lewis actually beat Blaydes and Volkov. He’s also 18-9 in UFC with 14 KO’s. He’s very underrated and also a fun fighter. Tai beat him and drinks shoey’s so I had to add him as well

Back