Who has the deepest gas tank in MMA?

Nobody fights like Diego Sanchez and keeps it up for the entire fight.

the lighter guys. flyweights... cruz, edgar, a buncha guys

Cruz has been gassing lately. Mighty Mouse and Faber both wore him down till his footwork was almost non existent, he was taking huge breaths, and he had his hands down.

Cruz has a good tank but its far from the best.

I would say Brendan "The Hybrid" Schaub or Joe "Diesel" Riggs get the best mileage

At this point lots of guys have enough gas for a full 25 minutes. As is proper in this sport.

Ben Henderson. And it's not even close.

diaz bros do triathlons, pettis went just as long as him and looked great at the end, Frankie goes 5 rounds and looks just as ready to go 5 more, how is it not even close lol?

Ever seen AS anywhere near gassed? He deserves some credit as well.

this thread topic has arose so many times and this is the first time Guida was barely referenced

That was my first thought. I don't like him, but he pushes the pace and I don't I've ever seen him slow down at all.

i loved him after the diego fight when he was bleeding out of his face and jogging in the ring. he looked ready for another three rounds.

If you look at his fight before he failed his drug test *blink blink*, Sonnen has great cardio.

Nope, Sonnen gassed around the 2nd or 3rd round. The thing is, Sonnen can still take you down and throw hundreds of GNP punches even when he is gassed. It's just that the chance of him getting caught in a sub goes way way up once he does.

I would say Frankie or Clay Guida have the most cardio, because they've both been in fights where they were utterly beaten down but still looked fresh at the very end. I don't think the Diaz brothers are anywhere near as resilient - in the recent fights that they lost, they pretty visibly ran out of steam around the 4th.

Bendo wasn't even sweating after the Nate fight, his cardio is literally off the charts as of now

Back