Who has the deepest gas tank in MMA?

Not sure about the best but Roy Nelson has the biggest gas tank currently in the UFC (pretty dam good one to considering the punishment he sometimes takes).

Edgar because he fights bigger opponents and got the shit kicked out of him in round one by Gray. It's harder to come back from that than GSP dominating Kos for five rounds or whatever.

edgar's scrotum called; they want his nuts back.

Nick Diaz
Nate Diaz

Nick Diaz imo. Honorable mention of Condit.

Nick, Nate, and Carlos have pretty good gas tanks, but you should probably take Nate off of that list. He seemed to slow down a bit and get sloppy against Rory and Benson in the later rounds. Nick and Carlos have great cardio, though I'd give the edge to Condit after his match with GSP that included a ton of grappling, which is a tad more draining than a 25 minute striking match, which are the only examples we've seen from Nick. Though none of these three hold a candle to Bendo if you ask me.

Benson Henderson, he wasn't even breathing heavy in his last fight and is also quite a muscular and powerful fighter. His cardio is insanely good.

The lighter weights have bigger gas tanks, generally. Edgar comes to mind but so many LWs and FWs have enough cardio to easily do 5 rounds, it's hard to pick one as the best

Kimbo Slice.

mn2elh.gif

Funny guy! HydralisK is a funny guy!

My vote is for Bisping, Rogan kept saying his resting heart rate is in the 30's heh

gsp. if he doesnt crush you with technique it will be with cardio

Ha. GSP? He barely uses any energy. He is the king of calculated energy expense. He never goes flailing or chasing. Bad example of gas tank.

Clay Guida, Cain Velasquez, Chael Sonnen, Bisping

Nick Diaz has a fantastic gas tank. His training regimen is ridiculous.

Guida and Edgar are good examples of guys who have made it to the end of fights where they have taken heavy punishment and still had plenty left in the tank. A lot of other mentioned like GSP and Bendo usually look fresh at the end because they have dominated where the fight takes place and taken minimal damage.

Back