Who am I?

Confusing question. Are you asking for the guy the Hammer fought or the champ that wasn't his friend?
Sounds like it was a Kickboxer or something that fought around that time.

I'm Canadian if that helps.
giphy.gif

The Hammer and I could sell the building out when we fought in it, although please bear in mind my trunks weren't designed in tribute to this former HW champion as he was no friend of mine.

Who am I?

The building is in the same city as was the Blue Horizon.
The Hammer and the fighter I'm looking for fought in different sports at the same time, and I'm Canadian (I as in me)
The bolded part could be a play on words

This thread is golden, and needs someone to pin it

I'm so bad at this. Get it?

Ah hell. That's a rap folks. Got that one too?

I was one half of a colorful 1970s/80s management duo, not averse to promotional histrionics involving showgirls or dwarves.

Despite working with 5 world heavyweight champions, I am perhaps most enduringly associated with 2 fighters who failed to win world titles.

One of whom was the toast of Montreal.

Who Am I?

Anybody?

Whilst still an amateur, I was the second unpaid boxer ever to appear on the cover of Ring Magazine.

But I was despatched inside a round in my sole world title shot as a pro.

Who Am I?

Whilst still an amateur, I was the second unpaid boxer ever to appear on the cover of Ring Magazine.

But I was despatched inside a round in my sole world title shot as a pro.

Who Am I?
Did he appear on the cover as an opponent to Tefilio Stevenson?

Did he appear on the cover as an opponent to Tefilio Stevenson?

If we're looking at the same issue, Seano, that looks like John Tate on the cover with Teo.

If we're looking at the same issue, Seano, that looks like John Tate on the cover with Teo.
I was just looking at Ring covers the other day and recalled Stevenson. Likely the same issue.

I was just looking at Ring covers the other day and recalled Stevenson. Likely the same issue.

Probably.

I was thinking Marvis Frazier might be the guy Sweet was looking for, but I didn't see him on any Ring covers from his ammy days with a quick glance.

Wait. Marvis was on the Ring cover for the Aug 1980 issue with his father, which would have been just before he turned pro.

That's my guess.

"The Hammer and I could sell the building out when we fought in it, although please bear in mind my trunks weren't designed in tribute to this former HW champion as he was no friend of mine."

"I'm so bad at this. Get it?"

"I didn't know both Jack and Gerry were legitimate shooters, DJ. Interesting."

I was looking for Bennie Briscoe here who, like Max Baer (brother was Buddy), wore the Star of David on his trunks.

"Ah hell. That's a rap folks. Got that one too?"

This bit here was for Sweet's previous question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back