Who am I?

Moore had more than 17 years of boxing... I think him and Roberto Duran are the only two boxers that competed in 5 decades... Roy Jones Jr will probably get there, as he had his debut in 1989.
Oh god I hope not Roy needs to stop.

God shavers mauled him.
He sure did! That was my first viewing of Shavers back when I was a kid. And, being a Ken Norton fan at the time I wanted him to steer clear of Shavers at all costs. But, of course, he didn't & two years later...

I was born in the USA but later on, in my career, I fought out of Asia.
I was a big puncher who won the vast amount of my fights via KO. I won my world title by knocking out an Italian, defended once & then lost it by KO to a light-hitting South American all-time great.
Who am I?

I was born in the USA but later on, in my career, I fought out of Asia.
I was a big puncher who won the vast amount of my fights via KO. I won my world title by knocking out an Italian, defended once & then lost it by KO to a light-hitting South American all-time great.
Who am I?

Takeshi Fuji

Bit of an easy one to get the ball rolling again:

Who am i?

I won 13 of my first 14 fights by KO
I was so confident i would win my 15th fight for a title, i decided to have my name and the words new champion sprayed on my car, i was brutally knocked out after winning every minute of the fight
My son has killed a man
I was part of Tyson Fury's corner when he defeated Wladimir Klitschko

Bit of an easy one to get the ball rolling again:

Who am i?

I won 13 of my first 14 fights by KO
I was so confident i would win my 15th fight for a title, i decided to have my name and the words new champion sprayed on my car, i was brutally knocked out after winning every minute of the fight
My son has killed a man
I was part of Tyson Fury's corner when he defeated Wladimir Klitschko
Heavyweight Clifton Mitchell who was KO'd in four rounds by James Oyebola in his bid for the British heavyweight title after winning the first three rounds in 1994.

Heavyweight Clifton Mitchell who was KO'd in four rounds by James Oyebola in his bid for the British heavyweight title after winning the first three rounds in 1994.

Correct, and what a KO that was, he had Oyebola all over the place and was boxing his ears off, decided to lean out of the way of a shot and BAM!!!

What fun times it was back then on the British scene

Not a usual Who am I Post, but Mike Tyson tells something interesting here around 2:20

Can you think of boxers who knocked out world class boxers early on in their career and then didn't go anywhere? I wonder who Mike was thinking of.

I was stopped in the first round of my 10th fight, and the in 3rd round of my last fight. In between those I only lost three other times, once quitting in between rounds, and was a 3x world champ. I won 44 fights, 32 by KO.

I was stopped in the first round of my 10th fight, and the in 3rd round of my last fight. In between those I only lost three other times, once quitting in between rounds, and was a 3x world champ. I won 44 fights, 32 by KO.
Damn, not much to go on there.

Not a usual Who am I Post, but Mike Tyson tells something interesting here around 2:20

Can you think of boxers who knocked out world class boxers early on in their career and then didn't go anywhere? I wonder who Mike was thinking of.

Manny got slept in his 12th fight That might be one.
Rustico Torrecampo straight KO in 3 (15-8, 8KOs)
then
Medgoen Singsurat TKO in 3 (74-6, 51 KOs) in Manny's 28th fight.
No doubt Pacman is an ATG

Yup. Just watched the Marquez fights.
You know whats ridiculous? An early guess was Rafael Marquez. I thought I recalled him getting stopped early in his career, then I remembered him quitting against Lopez. Guessed like 5 others guys before I got to Vasquez. I did the same thing with the Verno Phillips question earlier in the thread.

You know whats ridiculous? An early guess was Rafael Marquez. I thought I recalled him getting stopped early in his career, then I remembered him quitting against Lopez. Guessed like 5 others guys before I got to Vasquez. I did the same thing with the Verno Phillips question earlier in the thread.

The ones I think are hard people nail, and vice versa. The amount of knowledge around here is scary.

Marquez was always fun to watch

Manny got slept in his 12th fight That might be one.
Rustico Torrecampo straight KO in 3 (15-8, 8KOs)
then
Medgoen Singsurat TKO in 3 (74-6, 51 KOs) in Manny's 28th fight.
No doubt Pacman is an ATG

Mike said old timers though. I doubt he was thinking of Manny.

Back