Media Whittaker unsure of money bout with Chimaev, hopes to get title shot by beating Strickland

So wouldn't Bobby wanna fight this guy that's easy money? I never said Khamzat has a bunch of ranked mw wins guys lmao. He doesn't. I said it's silly Rob is acting like fighting him wouldn't do anything for him.

Bobby KNOWS fighting any non-ranked guys ( in the division Khamzat has STILL not fought in ) does nothing at all for him, no reason to consider that.

Being the first guy to beat the undefeated scary boogeyman does nothing for you? Lol just be honest, you don't want to take it because you think there's a high probability you lose.

Let's be honest ... if Whitaker beats him... people will say Khazmat sucks at MW or was never that good.

And in all honesty Whitaker should be the last person Khazmat wants to face at MW stylistically. TDD with cardio and a chin ... better pray for a 3 rounder.

Considering he lost his last two title fights ... he sure does need to best the guys in front of him
Like I said wanting to fight Strickland over him makes sense, but people talking like Khamzat has no name value is crazy. More people would definitely care about having a win over him then say Vettori, Cannonier, Allen etc.

I never said it was an easy win. But the guy has exactly 0 notable wins at 185.

To imply that Whittaker, the same dude who fought Romero twice and just beat Costa is ducking this guy is beyond stupid.

Khamzat does nothing for him in terms of rankings.

You're right, it might count as a duck though, fair to say he's trying to avoid him at least.

Why do all you shertards think that Khazmat should be anywhere close to a title shot at MW? Khazmat shouldn't be fighting any top 10 MW at all. Dude should get a win vs an actual MW and then fight at top 15 guy to earn it. Curtis is #14 at MW and he would smoke Khazmat like Nate Diaz on a blunt.

It sure is interesting how ranked mws want nothing to do with fighting this guy that's supposed to be an easy win. Even though he has huge hype and beating him would be a big deal.
Maybe they don’t want to go through a full camp to have Borz pull out on them?

The fight is a logical next step and makes perfect sense unless the UFC is angling to make Strickland/Adesanya II. Ideally, they do DDP/Cannonier, and make Adesanya/Khamzat and Strickland/Whittaker.
While I agree in theory, I think it's much more likely that they do DDP/Izzy, which possibly leaves Khamzat/Cannonier and Whittaker/Strickland.

While I agree in theory, I think it's much more likely that they do DDP/Izzy, which possibly leaves Khamzat/Cannonier and Whittaker/Strickland.

You're probably right, but Adesanya shouldn't receive a shot being 1-2 in his last three and coming off of a loss. Which obviously means it is what the UFC will do.

Whittaker is absolutely in a number 1 contenders fight next.
Man it's really hard to say with how things are now. It's really hard to predict how MW shakes out.

I think Even Brendan Allen would tell you his next fight should be a title eliminator.

Khamzat would say that too, as would whittaker, izzy, cannonier and strickland.

Funny how Khamzat was scheduled to fight Costa, shows up, beats Usman on short notice. Whittaker goes through a war with Costa, but doesn't deem Khamzat worthy enough of a fight. It's why there are recursive rankings and top 5 guys all want each other. Whittaker already lost to DDP and so did Strickland, but you want to make that fight for the belt next? A rematch again? These top 5 guys can lose a few times and still think they are better for title shots than undefeated prospects.

Man it's really hard to say with how things are now. It's really hard to predict how MW shakes out.

I think Even Brendan Allen would tell you his next fight should be a title eliminator.

Khamzat would say that too, as would whittaker, izzy, cannonier and strickland.
I think Khamzat should worry more about WHEN he's fighting again and I promise you he isn't getting a shot off of Usman. Izzy can face DDP next, Strickland and Whittaker for the next shot Cannonier, it sucks but he's the odd one out.

Robs not some up and comer that needs to boost his ranking to get a shot.
Rob disagrees with you. He thinks it makes a lot more sense to fight someone like Strickland or someone in the top 5 rather than an unranked Khamzat and honestly anyone who doesn't have some sort of agenda would agree with that.

I think Khamzat should worry more about WHEN he's fighting again and I promise you he isn't getting a shot off of Usman. Izzy can face DDP next, Strickland and Whittaker for the next shot Cannonier, it sucks but he's the odd one out.
I know he's not getting a shot but he may get a title eliminator.
Cannoniers most recent win is strickland, It should be Cannonier vs Allen, and from whoever wins more impressively between the two match ups fights for the title next.
Funny how Khamzat was scheduled to fight Costa, shows up, beats Usman on short notice. Whittaker goes through a war with Costa, but doesn't deem Khamzat worthy enough of a fight. It's why there are recursive rankings and top 5 guys all want each other. Whittaker already lost to DDP and so did Strickland, but you want to make that fight for the belt next? A rematch again? These top 5 guys can lose a few times and still think they are better for title shots than undefeated prospects.

Im with you man, Make some new match ups

Du Plessi vs Cannonier
Strickland vs Whittaker
Costa vs Allen
Izzy vs Khamzat

These are the match ups I'd make.

All fresh, sensible matchups. most of which can LEAD to rematches, but there is no reason to make any right now.

Last edited:
Rob disagrees with you. He thinks it makes a lot more sense to fight someone like Strickland or someone in the top 5 rather than an unranked Khamzat and honestly anyone who doesn't have some sort of agenda would agree with that.
What agenda lol? I don't even like Khamzat. But you're telling me he doesn't have .kre name value as a win than Vettori or Brendan Allen? Even if they're ranked above him?

Where the hell is Vettori? Dream gatekeeper match to the top 5 for KC would be Marvin. He drowns KC imo.

I don't disagree that he has 0 mw wins. But beating him would do nothing for Rob? That's crazy to me. Beating a hyped undefeated prospect is always a good thing.

Khamzat is not a prospect at this point.

But beating a guy with hype doesn't increase Rob's rank.

Rob wins and the case against him is that he beat a bloated WW at MW.

What agenda lol? I don't even like Khamzat. But you're telling me he doesn't have .kre name value as a win than Vettori or Brendan Allen? Even if they're ranked above him?

I don't think Whittaker needs any hype, he needs another legitimate top 5 win at MW to guarantee he gets a title shot before he retires and Khamzat currently isn't even in the top 10. I think beating Strickland, Vettori, Cannonier again or Allen are more likely to get him a title shot sooner than non top 10 Khamzat.

Reactions: lsa
Back