Social Which Do You Approve of More: Planned Parenthood or the NRA?

Which organization do you approve of more/ disapprove of less?

• Total voters
Funny, the comments are about 2 to 1 for NRA, but vote is for PP. It seems the silent majority is taking a shit on the NRA.

Last edited:
imageedit_1273_9356576975.jpg

Not really a fan of Sanger and her eugenics.

https://www.hli.org/resources/sangers-birth-control-review-part-i/

You know that Margaret Sanger was against abortion, right? She loved birth control..........

Is the heartbeat what makes a human?

It makes us alive. Medically speaking you are alive with a heartbeat, dead without one.

Human beings are just at different stages of life. Some people choose to murder a human life at a stage of development out of convenience.

Don't know much about NRA, but PP does very valuable work. Conservatives are shooting themselves in the foot by not supporting it. I'd expand the scope of their services as well.
"Very valuable" is subjective, please explain...

It makes us alive. Medically speaking you are alive with a heartbeat, dead without one.

Human beings are just at different stages of life. Some people choose to murder a human life at a stage of development out of convenience.

So, a cardiac muscle cell line on a petri dish, that equates to a life?

If you're going with "human life starts when X is developed" I would go with the brain, as it's the structure in our biology that separates us from all other animals, and makes us human. I wouldn't take your argument very seriously, but still.

It all comes down to how you feel about killing babies

I would look at it more along the lines of "You're able to recognize biological truths and how they interact with the tensions between rights and interest, or are not able."

NRA doesn't serve as slush fund for Republicans. And unlike Planned Parenthood, they don't sell arms.

I love abortions and hate babies so planned parenthood.

What a dumb poll. They are totally different types of organizations. One is a lobbyist and advocacy group and the other is a health services provider. Of course PP is going to have more votes, they unequivocally provide more tangible benefits to Americans. It's like asking what's more important AAA or a gas station. Well of course you're going to say gas station, but when that time comes you need them you fucking want AAA.

The NRA is a front for gun manufacturers...who milk individuals who think they are about the constitution. The NRA gives zero fucks about the constitution or guns owners rights, they care about facilitating gun sales.
I didn't outright say it was a problem, I was just pointing out that their main purpose (facilitating gun manufacturer profits) is nowhere in their mantra of operation. Nor is it how they solicit money from unwitting individual patrons who support them.

You are correct about them caring more about money than anything else. They probably care about some rights but padding their pocket is king.

But they aren't a front for gun manufacturers. They don't care about them either. Gun manufacturers aren't large donors to the NRA. The NRA only cares about their own profits. Gun sales don't really help them that much. Depending on the liberal source in a 10 year time frame 2005-2015 I believe donations from organizations was in the 20-53 million estimated range. Even if it's 53 million, that is insignificant. In just membership dues alone that's less than half of what they take in yearly.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gun-industry-funds-nra-2013-1

This site is agreeing with what you are saying but it's wrong. Just wanted to give you a sauce for the 20-53 and 10 year.

Also they include groups like midway, brownells, etc which are citizens making that donation through programs like round up a buck on the purchase of an item. So it isn't even the site using their profits, it's just the middle man for private donation.

believing the government is actually going to seize your guns forcefully

Do you really think it's hard to believe this? Other countries have done it. We have numerous senators talking about bans and confiscations right now...

For myself, although I personally only support abortion within certain parameters, I think PP provides useful services to society.
thats a good take.
im mostly anti both of these, tbh.

its a good poll, honestly. an interesting angle to take.

Do you really think it's hard to believe this? Other countries have done it. We have numerous senators talking about bans and confiscations right now...
they could send drones at you. you cant Red Dawn the army. its the worst excuse. you are at their mercy.

it wasnt an excuse 200 years ago. a peasant rabble with guns could have posed serious problems.

I would look at it more along the lines of "You're able to recognize biological truths and how they interact with the tensions between rights and interest, or are not able."

Did @Devout Pessimist give you permission to post here? If not then get that ASS back to cleaning my dishes.

It would be impossible logistically. Your analogy to other countries is ridiculous given the VAST disparity in what have in both amount and quality of firearms vs other countries. There isn't even the appetite to confiscate all guns in Democratic party. It's a ridiculous fear mongering tactic by the NRA to facilitate gun sales, and it is successful.

People don’t even like guns, people love babies

Yet, the NRA protects guns, and planned parenthood kills babies

I think you goofs literally are insane.

Back