Economy When US and Europe will know that they are officially fkd?

money can just be printed and given out... if mad max is the future its orchestrated...

Most people dying from this aren't even boomers, but people who have been through WW2.

I believe the average age of the people who have died in Italy, is about 82.

All things considered, this virus is probably going to be a relief to healthcare systems, longer term.

I said that from day one. It' s morbid, but it's like a brush fire clearing out all the dead wood.

If it lasts the rest of the year, it'll pretty much be a reset button and look similar to post WW2, only we'd be one of the countries that have to rebuild too. The good news is it won't because every advanced country are fast tracking vaccines and we'll have one way quicker than we'd normally be able to get one.

Going to have to be like the Spanish Flu and mutate to kill people in their 20's and 30's. Without mutating, worst case scenario is we go back to normal and a lot of old and sick people die.

In other words, how close or far we are to the scenes known from Mad Max or The Road movies? Riots breaking, crime increasing, police and army disbanding, government collapsing.

Not even joking.

Things does not look good at the moment for both Europe and US.

EDIT: People now speculating how many deaths there really are. Let's be honest. No government, president will want the public to know. You will get one giant hell of a riot.

You'd be surprised. A lot of people will not give a fuck about rioting if the government tells the ugly truth.. most wouldn't care if their civil rights are taken away and will follow like blind sheep.

If this thing lasts until end of the year, China will become our overlords globally. They can easily take over the world without firing a shot - poison everyone and then come in as saviors, with "cures", equipment, staff, new investment, supplies, construction, etc. Basically what they've been doing in Africa but on a larger scale and faster

The age distribution for deaths is *heavily* skewed towards the elderly. What's the economic effect of huge numbers of old people dying?

The age distribution for deaths is *heavily* skewed towards the elderly. What's the economic effect of huge numbers of old people dying?

There are reports coming out that it's getting younger people too.

The more I think about this and the drastic measures being taken to combat it, leads me to believe we're being kept from some more alarming statistics as to not cause an all out panic. Countries don't shut their borders down, start implementing quarantine orders and destroy the economy just to protect the elderly population. I'm starting to think there's a lot more to this shit than we know.

Year 20

The more I think about this and the drastic measures being taken to combat it, leads me to believe we're being kept from some more alarming statistics as to not cause an all out panic. Countries don't shut their borders down, start implementing quarantine orders and destroy the economy just to protect the elderly population. I'm starting to think there's a lot more to this shit than we know.

ofc it is, but we are too short to ever find out

This is an election year, keeping these Geezers alive is very important because they vote at a high rate and usually Red.

This is an election year, keeping these Geezers alive is very important because they vote at a high rate and usually Red.

There won't be an election if this keeps up.

The incompetence level has reached maximum.

Pence has a staffer who has it and now he is standing 2 feet from the president.

If they both die, Pelosi is president. So Obama gets his wish.

The incompetence level has reached maximum.

Pence has a staffer who has it and now he is standing 2 feet from the president.

If they both die, Pelosi is president. So Obama gets his wish.
Nah they would both have to die at the same time. Otherwise, if Trump goes first, Pence becomes President and gets to choose his own VP. If Pence goes first then Trump gets to choose his VP. And if either were to die after that, the VP they chose would then be President.

Most people dying from this aren't even boomers, but people who have been through WW2.

I believe the average age of the people who have died in Italy, is about 82.

All things considered, this virus is probably going to be a relief to healthcare systems, longer term.
Years ago I read a book with the premise that people were able to buy into a socialized utopia with one caveat; to agree to euthanasia once they hit 65 years of age.

Having a predetermined expiry date is an interesting idea, but, damn, I still have old family members so am not as cold about this as I once was.

This day and age no stats can be hidden bud, even evil commie chinese couldn't hide things, Docs and whistleblowers exposed the truth.

Young people with chronic conditions are at risk, it's been openly spoken about for a while now bud.

To be blunt, it will mostly take out the fat old and the chronically weak. Kids not barely getting sick shows that.

This thing will have enormous socio economic impact (already happening), but humanity has faced incredible events before and always bounced back. Think of WW1 and 2, the plague, Spanish flu.

There will always be cases of the incredibly selfish people messing things up, but there are lots of good people who will come together to help the world recover.

We're also figuring out that more countries are racist than previously believed. It used to be just the United States.

More housing supply on the open market and home prices crashing? Hopefully???

That's about the size of it.

Young people will die without medical treatment, old people will die regardless of it in many cases. If there are too many infected people there will not be enough ventilators for everybody.
Moreover, it seems that the death rate for people aged 20-60 is around 1% with medical treatment, so something around 1% of the working population would die off if the English strategy was adopted.
There is also the possibility of mutations, that shit can mutate into something deadlier and kill us all just because the Chinese couldn't stop eating bats and pangolins.

Back