when fedor was in the middle of his inhuman rampage

What's your drink of choice?
Fucked my back so I'm on codeine, valium, voltarol, blue cheese, and because it's fight night and I'm with people I'm drinking beer too...

People didn't care as much about Fedor back then as they do now... Kinda like David Bowie - nobody gave a shit when he was grinding out classic after classic, but the minute he goes away then everyone's all of a sudden changing their profile pics over.

I'm 33 and the same thing happened with Nirvana when Cobain died... Fuck sake people even came out with tributes for Savile when he died. Of course he was a genius, just nobody gave a shit until he died.

Fedor wasn't nearly as popular on here or talked about as the likes of Chuck, Shogun, Wand or even CroCop on these boards....Nostalgia has made him the favourite though.

Wow no just no. Bowie was on top of his game for two(three if you're being technical) decades, only in the 90's when he went on tours refusing to play his classics did people lose some interest.

As for Fedor there was a clear PRIDE vs UFC divide but Fedor was considered god like but there were always the Nog will beat him, Cro Cop will beat him movement. But yeah he was constantly talked about.

Fedor would beat guys at their own game and most other fighters wanted no part of him. Dude was a savage and fought guys so much bigger than he was. Best part he was chubby.

Wow no just no. Bowie was on top of his game for two(three if you're being technical) decades, only in the 90's when he went on tours refusing to play his classics did people lose some interest.

As for Fedor there was a clear PRIDE vs UFC divide but Fedor was considered god like but there were always the Nog will beat him, Cro Cop will beat him movement. But yeah he was constantly talked about.

Dude didn't you see how many people suddenly became Bowie's biggest fan when he died? I used to live with a guy that impersonated him and had a tribute band - Camp David - since he died bookings have gone through tbe roof and everyone is claiming super fandom. Last year he couldn't fill the back room of a pub... Nothing against the artist, whatsoever. Dude was a legend and highly respected no doubt.

In my opinion Fedor went from being highly respected and revered, to being a god like legend when Pride died and he beat Sylvia and Arlovski - you're right about the UFC vs Pride thing, but there were so many other rivalries as well.

Fucked my back so I'm on codeine, valium, voltarol, blue cheese, and because it's fight night and I'm with people I'm drinking beer too...

Sorry to hear that, I hope it heals up well.

Back