when fedor was in the middle of his inhuman rampage

Viking Fedor FTW

fed2345tz.jpg

24862.jpg

whuoCHG.jpg

i'm 34. i was here back then. fedor was absolutely talked about as the greatest. as i recall, it was the fujita fight that really got things started. then the randleplex basically made him immortal. standing up with cro cop (who everyone thought would kill fedor) was the final "ok this guy is unbeatable" moment

Yeah dude but it was slow process - it wasn't like a Sage or McGregor overnight hype train - there was so much other stuff going on back then that the monster following that he gained wasn't an overnight thing... I remember people saying CroCop would kick him in the head.

I'm not knocking the guy, I'm just saying he wasn't recognised truly as the one until it was almost too late. Obviously the real knew.

I'm 33 and the same thing happened with Nirvana when Cobain died... Fuck sake people even came out with tributes for Savile when he died. Of course he was a genius, just nobody gave a shit until he died.

Fedor wasn't nearly as popular on here or talked about as the likes of Chuck, Shogun, Wand or even CroCop on these boards....Nostalgia has made him the favourite though.

Either I'm reading this wrong, or you're out of your head. I'm also 33, and Nirvana was insanely popular before Cobain killed himself.

I think your memory is distorted.

I'm 33 and the same thing happened with Nirvana when Cobain died... Fuck sake people even came out with tributes for Savile when he died. Of course he was a genius, just nobody gave a shit until he died.

Fedor wasn't nearly as popular on here or talked about as the likes of Chuck, Shogun, Wand or even CroCop on these boards....Nostalgia has made him the favourite though.
Ya you are just factually wrong.

The Fedor/Pride/UFC debates dominated this forum. Fedor and GSP back then were arguably the two most talked about fighters over a long period of time with the most video homage's paid to them by amateur youtube video compilers. Chuck, Shogun, Wandy, Crocop all came and had their place in the discussion but Fedor and GSP dominated it the longest.

I once went to sherdog archives to read the old threads. The live thread while fedor smoked Sylvia was fun. Go check out sherdog archives.

I kinda want to see CBS' Fedor vs Guy who works at Wal-mart build again.
I was there live and when Fedor landed that final overhand, it was ridiculously loud.

It was like a bat on a cinder block with a mic next to it. The sound brought the whole arena to their feet instantly, because you immediately knew the fight was over. That shit was LOUD.

through the HW division in the mid 2000s

there must have been many threads on the www. i am willing to pay top dollar to people who are able to find them.

10 years in the future and little chubby internet nerds are ragging on his physique, but i want to relive the time when fedor was worshipped as a god. link me to some threads where fedor was paid his dues

fedor-return-nog-punched.jpg

Thus the circle of the fight game goes, round and around. It's every new generation's duty to diss the fighters of the last gen, and it's every last gen fan's duty to get all bitter and butthurt about it. Is normal, popcorn is in our DNA.

Thus the circle of the fight game goes, round and around. It's every new generation's duty to diss the fighters of the last gen, and it's every last gen fan's duty to get all bitter and butthurt about it. Is normal, popcorn is in our DNA.

although you have to admit fedor has always had the most haters but also the most fans, to this day! atleast it feels like that..... i'm biased tho :D

DSC_8850_cr1.jpg

vadim fecalstain: fedor runs 10 miles every morning

i have those same fat ass love handles

trust me you dont get those if you run 10 miles every day

Depends on your diet brah. Look up how much excercise you have to do to burn off just one slice of pizza. 30 min-hour depending on intensity.

Im not very big and I'll easily eat 6-7 slices of pizza with soda and ice cream. A hw like Fedor
prolly eats like a vaccum and has 0 concern about content or diet.

http://www.canstarblue.com.au/food-drink/pizza-stores/exercise-to-burn-off-pizza/

I've also met many morbidly obese ppl that didn't really eat a lot but they ate all the wrong things. Like nothing to eat all day but a Pepsi. That's worse than pigging out on healthy foods.​

Prime Fedor would lose to Bones.

Depends on your diet brah. Look up how much excercise you have to do to burn off just one slice of pizza. 30 min-hour depending on intensity.

Im not very big and I'll easily eat 6-7 slices of pizza with soda and ice cream. A hw like Fedor
prolly eats like a vaccum and has 0 concern about content or diet.

http://www.canstarblue.com.au/food-drink/pizza-stores/exercise-to-burn-off-pizza/

I've also met many morbidly obese ppl that didn't really eat a lot but they ate all the wrong things. Like nothing to eat all day but a Pepsi. That's worse than pigging out on healthy foods.​

training hard living healthy otherwise and not cutting weight as a HW , no need for diet ^^

Prime fedor does not lose to no man !

Your wrong on both points.
  1. First off if you're 33 you were like in 6-7th grade when Kurt Cobain killed himself. So, of course, you weren't aware how big he was. He was a huge celebrity during his life. Sold millions of records, was featured in Rolling Stone frequently and got heavy rotation. However, after he died he became the biggest icon of grunge while bands like Pearl Jam, STP and Alice in Chains just slowly lost popularity with the times. Kurt was immortalized as forever young and in his heyday.
  2. I've been on Sherdog since 2007 in various forms. This was still near Fedors prime as he beat Tim in 2008. He was discussed in the World Wide MMA CONSTANTLY. When he lost to Werdum Sherdog CRASHED from the traffic.

Either I'm reading this wrong, or you're out of your head. I'm also 33, and Nirvana was insanely popular before Cobain killed himself.

I think your memory is distorted.

What can I say... I can't really remember my entire 20s. Chances are I'm distorted... I'm also the only Sherdogger from people i watch the fights with and they're not big fans.

1. First off if you're 33 you were like in 6-7th grade when Kurt Cobain killed himself. So, of course, you weren't aware how big he was. He was a huge celebrity during his life. Sold millions of records, was featured in Rolling Stone frequently and got heavy rotation. However, after he died he became the biggest icon of grunge while bands like Pearl Jam, STP and Alice in Chains just slowly lost popularity with the times. Kurt was immortalized as forever young and in his heyday.
  2. I've been on Sherdog since 2007 in various forms. This was still near Fedors prime as he beat Tim in 2008. He was discussed in the World Wide MMA CONSTANTLY. When he lost to Werdum Sherdog CRASHED from the traffic.

2007 was late dude... I've said a few times that it wasn't an over night thing. When he fought Goodridge nobody gave a shit.

As for Cobain, when he died he went hyper. No question. That face t shirt was everywhere.

This.

You new people are clueless not only was Fedor all that was talked about it was all fighters talked about as being the goat. I never seen that since. Today after losses to Hendo and Werdum some luster is lost but most people dismiss it as aged to quick. I'm not sure. Maybe game became as complete as he was and caught up. Either way he was the goat for about 5-6 years and all that was talked about.

Ridiculous. During his run, Fedor was talked about like a god on here. There was a simmering pride vs ufc feud on the boards at all times but whenever the HW division was discussed no one even considered the idea that a ufc HW belonged in the ring with Fedor. People would post questions like 'if you could build the perfect fighter...' then they would say mark hunt's chin, BJ Penns balance, Hughes wrestling, aoki's jits...then someone else would say fedor's chin, fedor's balance, fedor's wrestling... It would be a legitimate argument at the time whether the perfect fighter crafted from the best parts of the best fighters on the planet at the time could beat Fedor. I have never seen another fighter other than possibly rickson talked about like that on these boards.

Yep.

Speaking of Rickson, I remember when 'Rickson by armbar' was frequently posted regardless of the topic. I think people started getting dubbed more for posting it, but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm getting hammered here...

My only point was that there was a lot more going on 10 years ago than there is now.

Back