when fedor was in the middle of his inhuman rampage

Don´t understand the thread.. but Fedor win via armbar.

Prime Form of the GOAT

347x478xFedor_Emelianenko_1000823.jpg.pagespeed.ic.oAF4a6iS_a.jpg

Underneath all of that is an incredibly strong middleweight.

Shogun/BJ Penn fans are the worst, but Fedors fans are quickly catching up with them.

- "Lawler vs Wonderboy will be a great fight"
- "But what about Fedor?"

MMA equivalent to "I'm a vegan/I do crossfit".

underneath all that is a man with a very poor knowledge/understanding of mma/trolling/anything

fedor fans predate bj/shogun/anything

vegans have been around forever and have nothing to do with crossfit

you're just grouping random subcultures together because you have no idea what you're talking about at all

damn son those are some powerful gifs

legit chills over here

i think the fact that heavyweight is such a mess now is making people realise what an achievement it is to dominate for TEN FUCKING YEARS

But but but, he only fought teh cans. Only good wins are Nog and Crocop. I know cause I looked at teh fight finder and couldn't find a UFC win or wins over JDS or Cain or Brock. I still laugh when they say he wasn't fighting good comp in 2003-2006. Like where esle was there better? The UFC with Timmeh, Arvloski whose best wins at the time were each other and pre accident Mir who barely got past Wes Sims and Timeh making a brainfart on the ground?

People didn't care as much about Fedor back then as they do now... Kinda like David Bowie - nobody gave a shit when he was grinding out classic after classic, but the minute he goes away then everyone's all of a sudden changing their profile pics over.
Ridiculous. During his run, Fedor was talked about like a god on here. There was a simmering pride vs ufc feud on the boards at all times but whenever the HW division was discussed no one even considered the idea that a ufc HW belonged in the ring with Fedor. People would post questions like 'if you could build the perfect fighter...' then they would say mark hunt's chin, BJ Penns balance, Hughes wrestling, aoki's jits...then someone else would say fedor's chin, fedor's balance, fedor's wrestling... It would be a legitimate argument at the time whether the perfect fighter crafted from the best parts of the best fighters on the planet at the time could beat Fedor. I have never seen another fighter other than possibly rickson talked about like that on these boards.

I think a lot of the old threads from before 2012 have been deleted.

Ridiculous. During his run, Fedor was talked about like a god on here. There was a simmering pride vs ufc feud on the boards at all times but whenever the HW division was discussed no one even considered the idea that a ufc HW belonged in the ring with Fedor. People would post questions like 'if you could build the perfect fighter...' then they would say mark hunt's chin, BJ Penns balance, Hughes wrestling, aoki's jits...then someone else would say fedor's chin, fedor's balance, fedor's wrestling... It would be a legitimate argument at the time whether the perfect fighter crafted from the best parts of the best fighters on the planet at the time could beat Fedor. I have never seen another fighter other than possibly rickson talked about like that on these boards.

I remember that too... I guess there was just a lot more to talk about back then....Certainly seemed like there was a lot more going on.

Not sure about the threads but I can throw out a post I made about Fedor circa 2005 or '06:

Something like "I've never seen a fighter like Fedor. IMO, in order to lose the number 1 spot in the HW rankings, he would have to lose 3 fights in a row. The day he retires I'll stand up and applaud, even if it's just me watching".

Not sure if it was intended, but I like the Dragonforce reference.

"NOBODY wants to fight fedor "
- Wanderlei Silva

fedor-toys-with-nog-3-o.gif

282jlz6_jpg_medium.gif

23+Fedor+Emelianenko+vs+Antonio+Rodrigo+Nogueira+III_xvid_013.gif

BeyQn.gif

fedor-vs-rizzo-finish-gnp.gif

fedor-ko-rogers.gif

I kinda want to see CBS' Fedor vs Guy who works at Wal-mart build again.

DSC_8850_cr1.jpg

vadim fecalstain: fedor runs 10 miles every morning

i have those same fat ass love handles

trust me you dont get those if you run 10 miles every day
I don't know if he runs 10 miles every day, but one of my coaches has a Fedor like physique and I know for a fact he trains 6x a week for insane hours and doesn't skimp on his roadwork. Also the strongest person I've ever trained with, just built like an ox.

Think it's pretty damn near impossible to not have that kind of physique if you want to fight at HW while being 5'11 (180 cm) or at MW while being like 5'8 or something (in the case of my coach).

Fedor facts by Kusok. Cool read.

-Fedor cracked 2 ribs after Kevin Randleman dropped him on his head. Fedor concealed this fact even from his friends for a while in order not to give the vulnerable impression.

-In a Russian interview prior to AA fight Fedor was asked what he thought of Freddie Roach saying bad stuff about Fedor's stand-up. Fedor patiently listened to all the Roach quotes being read to him about how he can't box, sucks at defense, has terrible footwork etc etc, and said: "We will see who is going to say what after the fight".

-After the Randleman fight Fedor apologized to Kevin for the pain he caused him, and told Kevin that they are friends.

-Sergei was originally brought in as a "punching bag" for Fedor. He assisted Fedor in preparation for the 1st Nogueira fight. Sergei later chose to stop communicating with Fedor and Aleks. He never said why, and fedor and Aleks claim not to know why either.

-After fight with Schilt Fedor realized that he has to dramatically improve all areas of his MMA skills if he is to successfully fight for the Pride title. Fedor only stated this many years later of course.

-Blagoi Ivanov, the guy who is 1-1 VS Fedor in Sambo and outpointed Fedor in Sambo recently, is currently touring Korea, giving lectures, master-classes and demos. He is being promoted as "The man who stopped Fedor's reign"

-Fedor's coach Voronov has openly stated that Barnett is refusing to fight Fedor and is afraid.

-Fedor no longer lifts weights, but can still do 400+ bench-press for reps.

-fedor does around 30 fast pull-ups (or chin-ups) several times alternating them with other exercises like push-ups or jump-rope in rapid succession.

-Fedor's and red Devil's boxing coach Michkov said in a video interview once that Fedor has no fear, no nervousness, and only goes to fight to win.

-Voronov once commented on game-plan for Fedor VS Couture if they were to fight:
"We would focus on 3 things: Couture's hands, Couture's age, and Couture's submission defense"

-World Muay Thai and TKD Champion Ruslan Nagnibeda is no longer with Fedor or Red Devil club. He did 90% of coaching for the Fedor-Crocop fight. (Notice how well Fedor blocked Crocop's kicks, and how he didn't do anything VS AA's.

-Fed's bro Aleks broke his hand on the very first punch he landed on Morais, and prayed that Morais would fall and the fight be stopped, or Aleks would be one-handed for the rest of the fight.

-Fedor mentioned once that Aleks usually would leave the camp for the morning jog way AFTER the team, catch them, and come back to camp first...

-Fedor was well-aware of Pride's plot to make Crocop their Champion. As he heard the crowd reaction during the Randleman-Crocop fight from 2004 GP he was walking draped in a Russian flag, and asked what happened. He was told Crocop just got KTFO by a left hook. He cuss'd in amazement and said with glee to his team that Pride's plans have been spoiled.

-Fedor's infamous right cross/left hook combo (the one he did to Tim) was specifically prepared for the fight with Zulu.

-Voronov (coach) once compared Sergei's, Aleks's and fedor's skills this way:
"Aleks has to work, work, work, and work some more to reach Fedor's level, yet he defeated Sergei anyway"

-Fedor recently was asked why he doesn't use triangles, gogos and other fancy submissions. He said that he trains it all, and does it well, but so far the simple moves like Armbar worked for him early on in the fights, and it never got TO triangles or gogo, but he insist that he can do all those moves.
-After winning the "Rings" belt and tournament titles Fedor was to fight Vitor Belfort at UFC 40, but Vitor got injured, and Fedor ended up fighting Herring at Pride 23 instead, for the #1 contender spot to Nog's Pride belt and the #1 HW status.

-Hardly anyone gave Fedor any chance VS Herring

-Fedor's recent "dive" into religion has caused an extremely negative uproar among Russian MMA fans. Priests in general don't have a good rep among Russian people, and are often called "black crows". All kinds of statistics were presented by many people on Russian MMA forums showing how top athletes have fallen after "finding" religion and re-evaluating their life. Many have blamed Fedor's recent Sambo loss on his religion...

-Just before Pride died Aleks was offered a fight with Nog, but Aleks and camp had to turn it down, as Aleks was not in shape, and the fight was on too short of notice. On another occasion earlier, it was Nog who turned down the fight with Aleks.

-According to Fedor's camp Arona was offered a rematch in Pride, but expressed no interest in it.

-Zulu claimed on many occasions that Fedor got "lucky" in a fight with him, and that Fedor got a "lucky punch" on him. Zulu always wanted a rematch.

-Fedor mentioned in an old Russian documentary that he "went for a swim" on his feet because he got hit in the temple. He mentioned with a smile that if Fujita was a great striker he might have finished the fight there. He added that he (Fedor) would finish the fight if he was in Fujita's shoes.

-Fedor mentioned in an online meeting that he was very mad at himself for missing such a heavy punch. This explains why he shoved Fujita off himself after the fight, he was happy to have survived, and wanted to jump up to celebrate.

-Fedor wanted to stand with Fujita because as he said Fujita is stronger and bigger than him.

-In the same Russian documentary Fedor mentions that he simply made a mistake.

-When commentating the Fujita fight Fedor points out that the opening minutes where he waves his hands around (see Anderson Silva-Cote for another example) is a well-known technique known as "reconnaissance" where Fedor was just trying to distract Fujita, to get Fujita to look at something, to get him to open up to exchanges.

-Fujita was coached by and had in his corner Japan's best boxing coach

-On radio Sherdog Matt Lindland, after the fight with Fedor, said that he was caught in the coolest armbar, where he didn't even think he was in trouble until it was too late. He said he never saw a move like that, his shoulder somehow got figure-four'd and it was suddenly over.
Fedor was asked about that move and Lindland's reaction in an online meeting on his website. Fedor said: "It was a simple armbar by me. I isolated and locked his arm with my legs"

-Little known and often over-looked facts:
Lindland grabbed the ropes 2 times to get Fedor cornered, he grabbed his own shorts to defend a sub, forearmed Fedor on the back of the head, and kneed Fedor on the back of the spine (all illegal moves)

-Bobby Hoffman, a very tough and at the time highly ranked fighter with a record of about 20-3 back then, refused to face Fedor in Rings, he claimed to be injured. Ring doctor has specifically and clearly told Fedor's team that there is no injury of any kind and that Bobby is totally fine...

-Fedor was not cut by TK, he was actually cut by Arona, and TK only re-opened only a several minutes old cut.

- Fedor OWNS M1 same as Vadim does. No sane human being can possibly expect the owner of a multi-million dollar company (M1) to exclusively promote a rivaling brand (UFC)

- Recent contract problems that UFC fighters run into (Jon Fitch being forced to sign his likeness away for free for life, Randy being unable to leave or fight anyone he wants etc) suggest that UFC terms are too strict for Fedor who prefers a more flexible relaxed deal.

-Groin attacks and headbutts are allowed in Combat Sambo
You can see Fedor get punched in the balls on youtube in semi-finals of the 2005 World Championships as his opponent tried to break the clinch (For the curious the defense is to throw your hips back to create distance and to move your balls away from the opponent's reach, which is what Fedor did) Another M1 website pic actually showed Fedor soccer-kicking someone in the balls... LOL
Blagoi Ivanov has head-butted Fedor in their first fight that Fedor won. You can watch that on youtube too.

-There isn't much GnP as the ref usually stands the fighters up in Combat Sambo fairly quickly.

-Old-style Combat Sambo fights took place without gear or even gloves, early Vale Tudo style. These days head gear and gloves are in use.

-Fights are not stopped due to cuts in Combat Sambo, but a patch is put on the cut temporarily, in order to allow the fight to finish.

-Thou they try to stay away from talking about it, but Fedor and Aleks initially had a problem because Aleks was running around saying how he can beat Fedor, how he bested Fedor in training regularly etc. Fedor doesn't like that kind of talk.

In fact Aleks stated even recently (during a trip to talk to inmates about how to better their life and become better citizens) about how he beat fedor in the stand-up in training all the time. And fedor has once stated: "Aleks caught the "I'm a star" disease. We will never fight, but I think he wants to, as he is constantly talking about it"

-3-time World Judo Champion Aleksander Mikhailin was Fedor's training partner back in the day, he spoke of Fedor's Judo as being on par with his.
Mikhailin beat Fedor in a tough Judo match once. Mikhailin admired how fedor would not give up, and fought to the bitter end even when behind.
Mikhailin went on to say that even thou it would be hard for Fedor to become #1 in Judo due to biased judging and extremely deep talent pool of Judo Fedor has no equals in Sambo or MMA.

-Contrary to the popular belief fedor has never trained with Hoost. Hoost was injured and only overlooked fedor's training for a few minutes once, and commented positively on fedor's stand-up skills. fedor actually trained with Vos, Hoost's coach. fedor and Hoost did spend time talking about Fedor's upcoming fight with Crocop thou.

-Fedor says he hurt himself twice in the past when stretching trying to do a split. He no longer does the split, but says that one does NOT have to be able to do a split in order to kick the opponent in the head.

-Fedor and Aleks were made Samurai by the Japanese, and given Samurai swords in an official ceremony.

-Aleks was offered permanent lavish living accommodations in Korea if he would come live there and train Korean fighters. Aleks elected to remain in Russia.

-Interesting fact regarding Alek's ground game: Jessie Gibson (armbarred by Aleks in 1st round) not only had a great MMA record, but also is a US and European BJJ Champion.

-Fedor had 8 amateur fights, won them all, they are not listed on his record. He was observed by the Japanese promoters during some of those fights. They then invited him to Rings.
Those fights SHOULD be listed thou, as he got paid for them, which would make them professional by western definition of professional.

-Fedor is 16-0 VS fighters who fought in UFC at some point of their careers (16-1 counting the TK BS loss)

-Fedor feels that army makes one a real man, and thinks army is a good idea for all young men to go to.

-Fedor's regular training camp regimen:
7:30am up, breakfast, rest
9:30am jog 9 km (5-6 miles), shadow boxing, pad work, sparring, bar, parallel bars, swimming pool
Dinner and rest
Evening: 2.5 miles run, boxing, grappling, GnP, and more bars, and other exercises.

-Fedor's father did some amateur boxing. Mom did gymnastics. Father worked at a steel factory.

-As a child Fedor was the weaker one in his Judo and Sambo classes. He was not selected for matches with other gyms, and found himself pinned and dominated regularly as he was not very athletic. He would never tap or give up thou, and instead yelled during the workouts: "I'm going to be a World Champion!"

-Wanderlei Silva and Fedor visited Disney Land in Paris together.

-Vadim (M1 boss and Fedor's manager) met with Fedor back when Fedor had another manager with whom he eventually stopped working. Vadim told Fedor that a fighter of his caliber is to be paid a lot more than what he was being paid at the time. Fedor's $$$ demands and paydays went up sharply after Vadim took over.

-Fedor had high blood pressure as a child

-Fedor has a cage and daily trains in it with elbows in anticipation of possible UFC cage fights under unified rules.

-Fedor once commented that Shogun, while a great fighter, is somewhat inconsistent, capable of flawless incredible performance one day and a dismissal one in the next fight.

-Long ago when AA was a UFC Champion Fedor mentioned that AA is a "very good excellent fighter, but doesn't display his strongest qualities in fights enough"

-At Affliction 1 Aleks was asked by AA's team what he thought of AA's victory over Rothwell. Aleks mentioned and demonstrated to AA and his team that AA leaves his hands too low and chin too much up...

-A few years ago at a Combat Sambo "Russia VS Georgia" event held in Russia there was an open challenge where ANYONE can fight Fedor and get 20'000 USD cash on the spot if they win.
Nobody accepted, including several top Combat Sambo fighters in the world.
Only one street fighter from the crowd stepped up. He was asked to sign legal papers stating that he is sane, and will not hold anyone responsible if he gets hurt. He glazed Fedor a few times on the feet until Fedor gently took him down and armbarred him.

-Fedor mentioned in one interview that if Aleks gave it his all in training, he (Aleks) would surpass him long ago.

-Fedor mentioned in a Russian TV interview prior to AA fight that he would love it if some Russian fighter took over the #1 spot and he (Fedor) can then retire, but unfortunately, he said, while USA and Brazil have top fighters Russia does not, and he doesn't see any replacement in sight.

- Fedor's father hasn't been around all this time, but once Aleks and Fedor got famous he is trying to now give life advice to Ivan (youngest brother) over the phone when Ivan is at Alek's house. Aleks once grabbed the phone away from Ivan and yelled at his dad to stop teaching them how to live because he wasn't there for them...

- Some of Fedor's relatives still live in Ukraine, fedor visits them sometimes. Ukrainians in general openly claim fedor is their own and NOT Russian

- Fedor's buddy Igor Vovcahnchin was a bodyguard for an oil tycoon in Russia. He now owns some restaurants and drives around in an M5 BMW

- Pride at one time planned a Wand VS Fedor fight, as well as a Shogun VS Fedor. Shogun openly talked about wanting this fight in an interview.

- When traveling Fedor carries around with him a dozen or more DVDs of... Religious lectures by Russian orthodox priests... and reviews them in his spare time..

- Nice interview with Strikeforce CEO Scott Cocker where he confirms that Fedor indeed makes 1.5 - 2 million USD per fight, as does Royce:

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/04/12/scot ... o-kimbo-a/

"Royce Gracie was there as well. Any chance we'll see him in Strikeforce?

I don't think so. I'm sure he would fight again but I'm not sure he fits our business model.

What do you mean?

Well, what he got paid the last time he fought, he's up there with Fedor in the $1.5 million to $2 million range. I'm not saying these fighters don't deserve it but right now that doesn't work in the promoter's favor to even break even. I don't think we would do that."

- AA's manager told Russian M1 website in an interview that he was very upset about Freddie Roach talking shit on Fedor, and thinks this turned many fans against Andrei for no reason. Says nothing like this will happen in the future.

- Fedor doesn't acknowledge his "loss" to TK. He has stated that the fight was ruled a Loss unfairly due to being held in Japan, judged BY the Japanese judges, and against a Japanese Super Star opponent.

- Fedor claims that he usually ran into dishonest political biased judging in Judo, which hindered his results (3-time World Judo Champion Aleksander Mikhailin confirmed this view)

- Van Damme offered Fedor a part in the movie Bloodsport 2, where Fedor would play himself. Fedor agreed, but for now the movie is put on hold until schedule of both men clears up.

Some interesting Fedor Questions/Answers
Q. What do you think are the best MA styles to learn in order to compete in MMA?
A. Wrestling (includes subs in Russian, bor'ba) and boxing. (I was VERY surprised he didn't say kickboxing or MT like everyone else would)

Q. Who is your favorite fighter?
A. Randy Couture

Q. How should I do pull ups?
A. Very fast, to train your speed and power.

Q. Would you ever fight Aleks in MMA?
A. Absolutely NOT.

Q. What do you like to read most?
A. Russian Classics.

Q. What do you think of AA (Arlovski)
A. Don't know him well personally, but it's nice that he is Russian and UFC champion (this one was a few months ago)

Q. How long will you keep fighting?
A. As long as I don't have serious injuries and can keep winning

Q. Would you ever drop to 205?
A. No. I will ONLY fight at HW.

Q. Who would win, Sergei or Hunt?
A. Sergei IF he has a correct game plan.
____

Q. Were you ever offered money or LOTS of money to lose (throw a fight)?
A. Never.

Q. How did Pride promoters and others react to your win over Crocop?
A. Their smiles were fake. They were not happy that I beat him.

Q. Did your opponents ever cheat?
A. All the time. Nogueira and Crocop hit me in the back of my head just recently. They do it all the time.

Q. Did Crocop fight go according to plan?
A. Yes, the fight went just as I thought it would.

Q. How do you flow smoothly from position to position and think ahead during fights?
A. Reflex and experience of many years of fighting. Body reacts by itself.

Q. Do you watch k1? Other Combat promotions? Submission tournaments?
A. Yes, I watch k1 and others and take notes sometimes.

Q. Some people say you gassed vs. Nog. (3)
A. Yes, because i attacked the entire fight, but my mind was still ok, body was tired towards the end.

Q. What do you think of Crocop in general?
A. One of the best in the world

Q. Does Crocop present a danger to you?
A. Yes.

Q. Did k1 try to get you?
A. They are trying even now.
____

Q. What did you think about hunt-Wanderlei?
A. I didn't think about that fight and didn't ponder the result.

Q. Can Sambo survive on the ground vs. bjj?
A. Yes, it can hold it's own

Q. Did you ever get into a fight?
A. Never, I fight ONLY in the ring

Q. Do you hate Crocop?
A. No, I'm on good terms with Crocop

Q. Were you ever KO'd?
A. So far God has been merciful to me : )

Q. can you specify your running (cardio) training?
A. Sure. I like to do 34 minutes -about 8 kilometers

Q. how many pull-ups do you do?
A. I don't go to maximum, I stop at 30, but i do them very fast! Take a break and do it again a few times like this. (LOL WTF)

Q. What is your blood type?
A. 2nd, positive (B+)

Q. Who are the best 3 in Pride in any weight? (this was last year)
A. Crocop, Nogueira (big nog) and Wanderlei Silva
____

Q. What is a quality that you value most in a person?
A. Honesty and goodness

Q. What do you do in your free time?
A. Spend time with friends and family

Q. What music do you like most?
A. Russian pop (that sh!t is horrible and funny, you can hear it when they are playing cards before the Hunt fight:
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showth...cards+playing)

Q. Who was your toughest opponent?
A. Schilt (this was BEFORE Crocop fight lol)

Q. Besides Crocop who else is a threat to you in Pride?
A. Pride has many great warriors.

Q. Did you train with Le Banner?
A. Yes, I hope to again, I help him on the ground, he is really good there for a stand-up fighter, and he helped me standing.

Q. Were you a difficult child?
A. Yes, I was trouble.

Q. What and when did you start MA?
A. 11 years old, i started Judo and Sambo.

Q. What is the best workout?
A. Your body weight and with opponent

Q. What will you do after you retire?
A. Coach

Q. Describe your style of fighting
A. Mixed Martial Artist
____

Q. Do you speak any other language?
A. I'm learning English

Q. People say you want to fight Bob Sapp, is that true?
A. No.

Q. Do people recognize you?
A. Yes, more in Japan and my hometown

Q. What you think about being Russian?
A. I'm proud to be Russian.

Q. What do you wish to improve in your body or fighting style?
A. There is no limit to perfection, I work on everything

Q. What is your favorite slogan?
A. What doesn't break you makes you harder. (Russian version of "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger)

Q. Your face was very bruised after Crocop fight, was it bad?
A. I had an eye injury from Crocop's strike, but it's fine, and it didn't hurt much during the fight.
____

Q. Rumor says that Wanderlei Silva said your fights were not exciting etc.
A. Wanderlei never said that.

Q. What do you think of Sakuraba?
A. Sakuraba has a very powerful spirit.

Q. What is your favorite technique?
A. GnP (striking on the ground in Russian)

Q. What does hitting a tire with a sledgehammer do?
A. It makes your punches stronger and more powerful

Q. Do you have pets?
A. Yes, I have a turtle (LMAO)

Q. What would be a fight you want to see?
A. Sergei-Crocop, Aleks-Nog
_____

Q. Why did you not try to sub Crocop more?
A. The pain in my right hand made it imposible to have any grip strenght.

Q. What do you think about before the fight?
A. Nothing

Q. What do you think of ChuteBoxe and their great soccer kicks and stomps on the ground?
A. I like their technique and have trained it, hopefully I'll try it soon in the ring.

Q. Who do you want to fight?
A. I always wanted to fight someone who can win Olympic Gold Yoshida, Nestula, Rulan Gardner etc. (Note: Fedor actually means wrestling with Rulan and having a Judo match with the 2 Judokas!!!! He clealry states that he dreams of WRESTLING with Rulan, not beating the sh!t out of him by GnP in the corner of the ring, lol)

Q.What fighter influenced the development of your style most?
A. Randy Couture and Igor Vovchanchin (he also mentioned Mark Coleman once, but not in THIS instance)

Q. Do you think you'd become a fighter again if you were re-born?
A. Most likely.

Q. (From the Japanese fans) In your match with Nogueira you threw him easily a few times, it looked somewhat like Aikido. How did you do it so well?
A. I was on Russian Judo and Sambo teams for many years, both of those styles have very high level of "throwing" technique.

Q. How did you do in school?
A. 4 and 5 (In Russia (Soviet Union back then) 5 is the highest grade, like 100 or A+, 1 is lowest, similar to F.)

Q. If you were offered more money, would you leave Pride?
A. Managers decide that kind of thing. (Dana should get the # asap)

Q. Do you drink?
A. Not too much, and during training for future fights never.
Q: What are your hobbies?
Fedor: I like to read and I paint and draw a little.

Q: What are your favorite places in Japan?
F: I like the hot springs and the American hills (possibly Hakone?) near Mount Fuji.

Q: What about your favorite food (in Japan?)
F: In Japanese cuisine it's shabu shabu.

Q: Do you have any interests in become a champion in the UFC?
F: Interested to become UFC champion? Sure.

Fighter quotes put together by exang

"I see no weaknesses in Fedor, he is the most amazing fighter I have ever seen."
-Bas Rutten

"The best fighter to ever climb into any arena is Emelianenko Fedor, he is in a class by himself and you can't compare nobody"
-Kevin Randleman

"To beat Fedor, you would have to kill him twice, and then push him over"
-Nogueira

"Fedor is a machine."
-Don Frye

"Fedor is not human. He is definitely the best fighter on earth" "I was amazed at him … I really don’t think he’s human. I thought I was the guy to beat him. The guy's a stud. I’ve never been hit so hard."
-Tim Sylvia

"Fedor is the shit. His striking is amazing and his ground game is the best"
-Mark Hunt

"Fedor is the best and greatest fighter and Martial Artist of all time and nobody now or from the past would defeat him in any kind of a fight. Standing with him is suicide, and he has complete and total mastery of grappling"
-Chuck Norris

"Fedor has no equals."
-Aleksander Mikhailin, three-time World Judo Champion.

"The best fighter in the world, no doubt."
-Phil Baroni

"I fought many tough guys around the world, but like him, never."
-Renato Babalu Sobral

"Fedor... what can you say? He is just a monster!"
-John McCarthy

"He is the best"
-Mark Coleman

"He is the best pfp fighter in the world"
-Jeff Monson

"Fedor is every bit as good as people say he is, he is incredible, ridiculously good fighter, he fights with no fear."
-Pat Miletich

"He’s shown heart and determination time and again. He’s unstoppable, amazing."
-Tito Ortiz

"Probably the best in the world. Hands down."
-Tank Abbott

"I don't really see anyone that can beat the guy right now, he's unstoppable."
-Steve Cantwell

"I think the best fighter in the world is the Russian, Fedor Emelianenko, I don't see anybody else close to that guy. I think that guy is very, very amazing."
-Wilson Gouveia

"I think Fedor is just awesome"
-Joe Stevenson

When asked who the p4p best fighter in the world is: ""Without a doubt it's Fedor Emelianenko."
-Diego Sanchez

"Probably the best that ever lived... he's a living legend right now and I don't think there's a man on this planet who can beat him; the man is unreal, pound of pound the best in the world."
-Diego Sanchez

"Fedor is just too dominant... The way he punches people man, he's trying to kill people, with both hands. He's in a whole different class by himself."
-Brandon Vera

"Best fighter in MMA? That's easy, Fedor."
-Ernesto Hoost

"I think Fedor is the best in the world."
Frank Mir

"Nobody in any weight class can do what Fedor does. Fedor is a step above everyone fighting in MMA right now"
-Frank Trigg

"Fedor is the guy who right now can beat up anybody there is."
-Bas Rutten

Liddell: I'll fight anyone. Cro cop, sure. Wanderlei, sure.
Reporter: What about Fedor Emelianenko?
Liddell: If I have to I'll fight him...If I have to.

"Fedor has no weakness! I have seen so many fights, and even the best fighters in the world have a flaw in their game but I have yet to find one in Fedor."
-Bas Rutten

"I think that guy is the baddest motherfucker on the planet, that guy's a savage. he's one of those rare heavyweights that's dangerous in all positions."
-Joe Rogan

"Nobody wants to fight Fedor."
-Wanderlei Silva

- Fedor said that last time UFC made an offer to him UFC simply wanted to "поиметь" him, which means to "take advantage of sexually" (it's a nice way of saying "rape" in Russian)
The translator lady obviously elected to not use that word.
But basically Fedor says UFC wanted to fuck him

- Vadim doesn't consider Brock Lesnar to be the best fighter in the world, nor consider anyone outside UFC to be a non-top fighter by default simply because they are not in UFC.
Vadim considers Lesnar to be a very good fighter, but insists that there are many fighters of that caliber in the world. Again insists that being in UFC does not automatically make one a top fighter.

- Says many fans want to see fedor-Lesnar, so he offered this fight to UFC.

- Fedor says his brother Aleks has absolutely no idea about UFC contract as he has never even seen it, while Fedor has read it. Says he is on good terms with Aleks, but doesn't agree with him all the time.

- Vadim and Fedor say development and growth of MMA is their #1 concern, not $$$

-Vadim Finkelstein is a jack of all trades. A businessman who was the brainchild of M-1 Mixfight and serves as an agent to Fedor Emelianenko. His business savvy has allowed him to become a fairly good promoter in Russia, but he also has other ventures. On top of being an agent and promoter, he also runs his own healthy energy sports drink company and a fast food chain that only sells healthy food in Russia. A page out of the health food surge from the United States. Along with Joost Raimond and Apy Echteld, an event management expert and promoter and MMA trainer respectively, his team will be consultants to the organization.

I'm 33 and the same thing happened with Nirvana when Cobain died... Fuck sake people even came out with tributes for Savile when he died. Of course he was a genius, just nobody gave a shit until he died.

Fedor wasn't nearly as popular on here or talked about as the likes of Chuck, Shogun, Wand or even CroCop on these boards....Nostalgia has made him the favourite though.

You're nuts. I've been here the whole time... he was always a hugely talked about fighter... always. Ever since the day he beat Nog.

Q. Did your opponents ever cheat?
A. All the time. Nogueira and Crocop hit me in the back of my head just recently. They do it all the time.

Hendo took notes

You're nuts. I've been here the whole time... he was always a hugely talked about fighter... always. Ever since the day he beat Nog.
There was so much other stuff going on though... The UFC too - the legend definitely grew over time, it wasn't an overnight phenomenon.

I'm 33 and the same thing happened with Nirvana when Cobain died... Fuck sake people even came out with tributes for Savile when he died. Of course he was a genius, just nobody gave a shit until he died.

Fedor wasn't nearly as popular on here or talked about as the likes of Chuck, Shogun, Wand or even CroCop on these boards....Nostalgia has made him the favourite though.

i'm 34. i was here back then. fedor was absolutely talked about as the greatest. as i recall, it was the fujita fight that really got things started. then the randleplex basically made him immortal. standing up with cro cop (who everyone thought would kill fedor) was the final "ok this guy is unbeatable" moment

Back