When did you give up on your childish career dream?

TS is just a capitalist collaborater glorifying collaboraters who sacrifice 3/4s of their life.

Pilot - Poor vision, so didn’t get in

City planner - Applied but didn’t get enrolled

Manga creator - Thankfully I never pursued this more seriously

Google - Stopped pursuing after they laid off people and forced people to move back to the offices, and even forced people to move to different countries for work

MMA - Retired now

When I was a kid I wanted to be the T.V. weather man.

I wanted to become an Olympic level judoka. I realized I wasn't talented enough to be that good. Ended up becoming a pro boxer instead but ironically I think I'm more naturally suited to be a grappler.

I'm actually living it more or less. And yes, I'm broke.

I wanted to get into zoology, maybe do some volunteer animal studies and work in other countries then be a Zookeeper but realized they don't pay shit to the keepers what they actually deserve and I didn't want to go work in bumfuck Ohio lol. Always kind of regret it though. Would have gladly scooped up Elephant shit and paid my dues.
Respect @Zookeeper Gabe though for sure

I used to love shooting hoops in my front of my house. My dreams were dashed when I played against black folks in school. lol I never learned how to dribble properly. This kid styled on me so hard. It's not too bad though. He later had a scholarship to play ball at a big school but he messed it up by punching a teacher or something. I remember reading a small article about him in the local paper.

Edit: I actually just looked him up. He never made it to the NBA. He played ball in Europe instead.

I wanted to be a rockstar. In my late teens/early 20's I really gravitated to electronic music. Released some work on some smaller labels, but the last label I worked with ended up fucking me over and that kind of took the wind out of my sails.

But by then I was pretty aware that a good living wasn't going to work out so I started film school around the same time. Like many failed musicians I found a home in movies/TV. I really enjoy what I do and if me today could tell this to my younger self, I think I'd be pretty happy with that knowledge despite not being a rock god.

But that said, writers/actors strike is currently fucking up my shit.

<WhitmanDefeat>

Give it up? I'm still going to be a rapper/world's strongest man/oil tycoon/tiger/professional lottery winner.

As a little kid I loved Top Gun and I wanted to fly Tomcats for the US Air Force. But that dream didn't last because I learnt you couldn't be a fighter pilot with short sightedness. Also I was British so I couldn't join the US Air Force, and the Royal Air Force didn't have Tomcats so I wasn't interested. So I wound up in volleyball instead

Also when you realized that Top Gun was a movie about the US Navy, not the US Air Force.

I wanted to get into zoology, maybe do some volunteer animal studies and work in other countries then be a Zookeeper but realized they don't pay shit to the keepers what they actually deserve and I didn't want to go work in bumfuck Ohio lol. Always kind of regret it though. Would have gladly scooped up Elephant shit and paid my dues.
Respect @Zookeeper Gabe though for sure
20 years later, a lot of blood/sweat/tears and laughs and I have a hard time thinking I could ever do anything else.
Side note- my daughter has completed her first zoo internship and is now applying to zoos. Fucking wild

wanted to be a fireman, no one said 'fire fighter' back then, but that dream was dashed when I got caught committing arson.

Random story. This girl I was dating a couple years ago had this gay uncle who was a "fireman". When I first met him i was trying to start a conversation with him and was like "so youre a fireman" and the dude corrected me and told me it was "fire fighter". He was nice about it but the first word that popped into my head started with the word F.

39yo with office job and barely train

I would say my chances of become undisputed world champion of martial arts dropped at least by 5%, maybe even 10

Back