When Brock Lesnar first came to the UFC, did he impress you?

Yes, he went through solid competition (at the time) in a short timeframe.

Brocks an interesting case. HIghly overrated and underrated depending who you ask.

He was pretty impressive. He had only one mma fight and he was all over Frank Mir, then looked solid in his next two. He got a lot done with little experience in a short amount of time.

But I also think his ceiling wasn't as high as some people think.
He was a defending UFC champion. How much higher does it go?

In Brock's case it clearly didn't though.

Thats the point dumb ass. Brock is one of the few fighters in MMA history that could be that big and be pretty coordinated too. Juice or not it is impressive as hell to anyone who is not just hating. Truth is Brock was never the best HW in the world like his crazy wrestling fans said, but what he did was VERY impressive and likely won't be duplicated for a long time

And we are talking MMA buddy. Try stay on topic. What Sapp did to Hoost in a different sport is not relevant

Sure, if Khabib had a win streak of 3 guys and outwrighed his opponents massively and was roided to the gills.

Again, its HW bud. There is a reason all the best HWs ever were smaller HWs. You are reaching big time

Brock is one of the few fighters in MMA history that could be that big and be pretty coordinated too.

Yeah steroids will do that.

I do think the top 5 could and would evry well beat him, but Brock would be a top ten if he came back today, and you are delusional to think otherwise. He's not a phenom people amke him out to be, but he could still beat a nu,ber of top fighters
In a way, Brock Lesnar is a phenom. There is a reason, why UFC did everything to get him to fight at UFC 200 and WWE gives him more money and benefits than other talent. He is a phenom athlete. But he definitely is far from the best MMA fighter even at HW.
Hard to imagine Brock getting the title through the impressive winning streak, like Miocic did. JDS, Ngannou, Werdum, DC - any of these guys if not majority of them would derail Brock Lesnar's return. It's good that he pulled out of DC fight because this way he can still have some great MMA legacy preserved.

A while being two fights?

Because that is exactly how long Brock looked good for.

He was good for about 3 fights. Herring, Couture and Mir. In fairness to him, that's more than most MMA fighters can boast.

He did rather well. He was number one for a short time. Maybe his career got shortened due to illness. He also took out Carwin who was a killer during his time.

Ok so I know Brock's seen as a pretty legit dude anyway but anyone coming from WWE they're always going to have that stigma about them or people being sceptical at least which I understand completely.

Of course CM Punk didn't really impress but props to him for getting inside the cage and giving it a go, however Brock obviously did much better so when you look back at his first impression in the Octagon for you did he do better than you expected or was it no surprise to you?

I'm no WWE fan by any means but I know they do have a lot of legit talent there, Wade Barrett was a bare knuckle fighter previously so he has some fundamentals at least also if he wanted to train for a career instead of WWE back then but how did you feel about Brock and his time in the octagon?

I'd be interested to hear this as obviously I wasn't on the forum at the time so I have no idea how his fared up in regards to people's expectations.

I was never impressed..

Not when he beat the shit can herring

Or

When he cheated and mini chopped randy Couture to living death

My favorite brock moment was when cain whooped that ass..just saying

The man was gifted everything his entire career cuz of fake wrestling

Brock has the 2nd most title defenses in HW history let that sink in

holy fuck. it's literally one of the most embarrassing arguments i've ever seen on sherdog to try to argue herring got dominated by lesnar because of back of the head shots. lol.

you should literally be ashamed.

herring literally complained like once in the first round on an insignificant strike while turtled that wasn't even an illegal blow. guy had a fuckin mohawk to easily see.

trying to pretend its why he lost or had any impact on him getting utterly dominated is an embarrassment.
Not to mention he broke his orbital bone, Herring pissed blood and the doc said his body seemed like he was in a car crash. Google that it's all real, watching the fight back awhile ago and was like damn he took crazy knees to the body

It was a weak division, but for him to just come in and beat vets like Heath Herring, Couture and Mir... yeah, that was impressive. Also the resiliency he showed against Carwin... very impressive!
His performance against Carwin was embarrassing, a man of that size running, cowering and turtling is plain wrong

Yes super impressed, we won't see any raw freak athletes like that for a long time. He moved so fast for a guy that weighed 300lb and it's not like he was fresh out of amateur wrestling either.

Yes.

He mauled a former champ until he got caught in a hail mary submission due to a lack of experience. Everyone thought he showed extreme potential in that fight.

It's debatable he was on his way to finishing Mir prior to Steve Mazaagatti's idiotic stand up, Lesnar had Mir in a bad position and was crushing him.

It was a weak division, but for him to just come in and beat vets like Heath Herring, Couture and Mir... yeah, that was impressive. Also the resiliency he showed against Carwin... very impressive!

HW was not a weak division at the time of Lesnar. Especially if you looked across the entirety of the organizations at that time.

Fedor
Nog
Mir
Carwin
JDS
Cain
Werdum
Overeem
Bigfoot
Barnett
Arlovski
Couture

Hunt had a resurgence a bit later and Cormier also showed up on the tail end of that sweet 2008-2012 era of HW MMA. Most of those named guys were having resurgences or were in their primes, or were closing out their time at the top. And that doesn't include some of the other, fun fringe top 10 hws that were around.

He was a big athlete, one dimensional and had more juice than Tropicana.

He was good for about 3 fights. Herring, Couture and Mir. In fairness to him, that's more than most MMA fighters can boast.

There are hundreds of MMA fighters who were good for that few fights.

maybe I am exaggerating, but not by a lot.

There are hundreds of MMA fighters who were good for that few fights.

maybe I am exaggerating, but not by a lot.

Not that many who started when they were over 30 years old though.

Back