When Brock Lesnar first came to the UFC, did he impress you?

Ok so I know Brock's seen as a pretty legit dude anyway but anyone coming from WWE they're always going to have that stigma about them or people being sceptical at least which I understand completely.

Of course CM Punk didn't really impress but props to him for getting inside the cage and giving it a go, however Brock obviously did much better so when you look back at his first impression in the Octagon for you did he do better than you expected or was it no surprise to you?

I'm no WWE fan by any means but I know they do have a lot of legit talent there, Wade Barrett was a bare knuckle fighter previously so he has some fundamentals at least also if he wanted to train for a career instead of WWE back then but how did you feel about Brock and his time in the octagon?

I'd be interested to hear this as obviously I wasn't on the forum at the time so I have no idea how his fared up in regards to people's expectations.
Anyone that says no is just a hater. He clearly did better than the majority expected. Most gave him 0 chance of beating anyone worth a damn because he was nothing but "a fake wrestler"

A man of his size shouldn't be able to move like he was able to move. He was a pretty impressive specimen of a human being. Ok at fighting, but what a fucking beast.

Not really.
I saw how he fought Undertaker and The Rock.
Mir should have been an easy fight if Brock had a better ground game.

I was definitely impressed at how good Brocks doctor kept him in good health.

Horse meat.

Sure Brock was roided to the gills, but his opponents weren't exactly natty themselves.

i_cfc.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Brock-Lesnar-Shane-Carwin-1.jpg

So was everyone. You could juice all your life and still never make it. Steroids help, but they don't just make you a great fighter
Again not impressive. There were some clean and they didn't fall off after USADA now that's impressive

The guy was a mere second or so away (get it, mere, like Mir, lol forget it) from stopping Frank Mir in his first ever UFC fight, second in MMA.

If bonehead Mazzagatti doesn't break up the action prematurely there then Brock may have stopped Frank.

For that to take place in only your 2nd professional bout, that is incredibly impressive.

Back