When Brock Lesnar first came to the UFC, did he impress you?

He impressed the fuck out of me and also annoyed the shit out of me. Now years later, I wish he would have stuck around for a little bit, he looked much improved in the Hunt fight. It would have been nice to see how he would have developed if he had kept fighting.

No.

As an MMA fan he embarrassed me. Roided out WWE clown with his tired pro wrestling heel shtick. It was fucking ridiculous.

No because he had so many new mma fans who hyped him beyond reason to the point you wanted to see him beat. If not for all the over the top hype, he could have been a fighter i would have seeing in the mix at the time.

you're both right.
For his limited skills on the feet he did well. He was bigger than some. His wrestling and athleticism carried him.
Cain and Overeem would have exposed anyone at the time. Especially someone like Brock with only about 3 or 4 years training at the time. But he did turtle when getting hit hard. Not a Brock fan, but wished Hunt would have gotten a walk off KO.
he didn't turtle against overeem. he folded from a liver kick, like anyone else would.

against cain, he turtled from a beating, not because he went into turtle position preemptively. he was beaten down.

Ok so I know Brock's seen as a pretty legit dude anyway but anyone coming from WWE they're always going to have that stigma about them or people being sceptical at least which I understand completely.

Of course CM Punk didn't really impress but props to him for getting inside the cage and giving it a go, however Brock obviously did much better so when you look back at his first impression in the Octagon for you did he do better than you expected or was it no surprise to you?

I'm no WWE fan by any means but I know they do have a lot of legit talent there, Wade Barrett was a bare knuckle fighter previously so he has some fundamentals at least also if he wanted to train for a career instead of WWE back then but how did you feel about Brock and his time in the octagon?

I'd be interested to hear this as obviously I wasn't on the forum at the time so I have no idea how his fared up in regards to people's expectations.
To be real, if brock had started training MMA from day out college he could have been one of the great ones...but he didn't...which makes what he has accomplish thus even more impressive.

No. He got spanked by Francisco Murr and repeatedly punched Herring in the back of the head. It was so bad that Herring was yelling at the ref to do something and Joseph Rogaine pretended he couldn't understand what he was saying.

He beat a 78yr old Captain America, gassed Carwin, and destroyed by Cain/Horsemeat dude.

Nope. It was clear from the get go, even with his success, that he wasnt a fighter and if he couldnt get on top of you he couldnt win. They hyped him like he was fucking UBEReem or something - and we all saw what happened when he met the actually fucking guy. Is lesner had been made to actually earn his way to a title shot he would have never got it.

No. He got spanked by Francisco Murr and repeatedly punched Herring in the back of the head. It was so bad that Herring was yelling at the ref to do something and Joseph Rogaine pretended he couldn't understand what he was saying.

He beat a 78yr old Captain America, gassed Carwin, and destroyed by Cain/Horsemeat dude.
lol at acting as if he didn't dominate herring and break his face or destroy mir.

lol at acting as if he didn't dominate herring and break his face or destroy mir.

Bruh, if Bork dominated Herring...well, why did he cheat so severely that Rogaine had to cover up for him by pretending to not notice Herring yelling at the ref about the back of the head shots? How does Herring do without getting punched in the back of the head?

Face it, Bork was a clown that Dana used to separate suckers from their money. He loses to any current top 10 HW and top 5 LHW.

Facts don't lie and the eggplant salutes the pigeon.

Bruh, if Bork dominated Herring...well, why did he cheat so severely that Rogaine had to cover up for him by pretending to not notice Herring yelling at the ref about the back of the head shots? How does Herring do without getting punched in the back of the head?

Face it, Bork was a clown that Dana used to separate suckers from their money. He loses to any current top 10 HW and top 5 LHW.

I do think the top 5 could and would evry well beat him, but Brock would be a top ten if he came back today, and you are delusional to think otherwise. He's not a phenom people amke him out to be, but he could still beat a nu,ber of top fighters

holy fuck. it's literally one of the most embarrassing arguments i've ever seen on sherdog to try to argue herring got dominated by lesnar because of back of the head shots. lol.

you should literally be ashamed.

herring literally complained like once in the first round on an insignificant strike while turtled that wasn't even an illegal blow. guy had a fuckin mohawk to easily see.

trying to pretend its why he lost or had any impact on him getting utterly dominated is an embarrassment.

holy fuck. it's literally one of the most embarrassing arguments i've ever seen on sherdog to try to argue herring got dominated by lesnar because of back of the head shots. lol.

you should literally be ashamed.

herring literally complained like once in the first round on an insignificant strike while turtled that wasn't even an illegal blow. guy had a fuckin mohawk to easily see.

trying to pretend its why he lost or had any impact on him getting utterly dominated is an embarrassment.

If there was nothing to his complaint, why did Rogaine try to cover it up? Where there is smoke, there is fire.

If a bear shits in the woods, does a tree hear it?

I do think the top 5 could and would evry well beat him, but Brock would be a top ten if he came back today, and you are delusional to think otherwise. He's not a phenom people amke him out to be, but he could still beat a nu,ber of top fighters

Could win I suppose. 50/50? I don't see him beating 6-10 say 19 out of 20 times.

If there was nothing to his complaint, why did Rogaine try to cover it up? Where there is smoke, there is fire.

If a bear shits in the woods, does a tree hear it?
are you retarded? can you point to where in the fight this blatant cheating that influenced the fight occurred? i mean, it's not like there's a video record of it. you can pretend you can just say it and it can't be verified.

lol at cover it up. holy fuck.

tell us where this happened in the fight. and whether you honestly believe it could be an explanation for the beatdown that brock put on heath. don't embarrass yourself further.

Brock was Khabib before Khabib was Khabib. You knew he was going to take you down. But you couldn't do anything about it. Once he got you down it was 280lb smashing your face. Not a lot of MMA skills. But he had good wrestling. ANd of course, if he traps your arms, like Mir, it was good smeshing.

giphy.gif
What's funny?

Back