What Retired UFC Fighter Do You Miss The Most?

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I miss seeing Randy Couture fight. I was a big "Captain America" fan. I loved how Couture at 44 or 45 years old could kick guys; asses who were 10 or 20 years younger than him. Randy was a tough old man who wasn't afraid of anyone no matter how much bigger they were and he seemed like a genuinely good guy.

Remember him spanking Tito Otiz and making Tito cry? Or how about beating Tim Sylvia despite Sylvia being about 8 inches taller and 45 pounds heavier? Or his great trilogy of fights with "The Ice Man" Chuck Liddell? Randy was also the first guy to beat "The Phenom" Vitor Belfort at a time when Belfort seemed unstoppable? Or beating Maurice Smith who had beaten Mark Coleman to become UFC Champion and then Couture showed the kickboxer Maurice Smith that a good wrestler could take him down and dominate him, which he did, taking Smith's title in the process.

Matt Hughes for me, miss watching him finish fuckers with his wrasslin.

rich-franklinPNG.png

UFC-fighter-Georges-St_20131016175423237_660_320.JPG

390x270xserra_edited-2.png.speedilic.ic._z3oVgtkK4.png

1131842_crop_north.jpg

(1) Marco Ruas- The legendary vale tudo hero was in his prime back in '92-'95. He was the prototypical high-level striker grappler before guys like Frank Shamrock, GSP, Bas Rutten or others started cross-training. The Gracies avoided him for a reason in Brazil.

(2) Frank Shamrock- Along with Sakuraba, he was the top under-200lbs MMA fighter from that '98-00 period. Great charisma, crafty, improved striking, and endless cardio....

I miss seeing Randy Couture fight. I was a big "Captain America" fan. I loved how Couture at 44 or 45 years old could kick guys; asses who were 10 or 20 years younger than him. Randy was a tough old man who wasn't afraid of anyone no matter how much bigger they were and he seemed like a genuinely good guy.

Remember him spanking Tito Otiz and making Tito cry? Or how about beating Tim Sylvia despite Sylvia being about 8 inches taller and 45 pounds heavier? Or his great trilogy of fights with "The Ice Man" Chuck Liddell? Randy was also the first guy to beat "The Phenom" Vitor Belfort at a time when Belfort seemed unstoppable? Or beating Maurice Smith who had beaten Mark Coleman to become UFC Champion and then Couture showed the kickboxer Maurice Smith that a good wrestler could take him down and dominate him, which he did, taking Smith's title in the process.

exactly the same. agree 100%

also Chuck, Tito, Hughes, Chris Lyttle,

pretty much just miss the old days

Probably Rich Franklin. (Not entirely sure if hes full and out retired)

His fight with Ken Shamrock at TUF 1 finale got me hooked.

Back