Most accomplished Olympian in UFC history?

Fedora Millionankles

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Which UFC fighters are former Olympians and who is the most accomplished, overall, in the UFC?

Randy Couture:

3x Olympic Alternate in Greco Roman Wrestling. (88’, 92’, 96’)
UFC LHW Champ
UFC HW Champ
Oldest Fighter to win UFC Gold(45 yrs old!)

What are some others?

While he may still need a booster seat at restaurants, Henry Cejudo is the most accomplished. He's Triple C for a reason

View attachment 1014981
Nah. If he doesn't count Aspinall's interim title then he can't count his Olympic gold as it wasn't even won in an MMA fight.

Come to think of it his BW belt doesn't count either because like Tom he also beat a non champion in Moraes to win it, and Marlon went on to lose his next 7 or 8 in a row after so it aged like milk.

Poor little Henry is just singular C from now on.

Nah. If he doesn't count Aspinall's interim title then he can't count his Olympic gold as it wasn't even won in an MMA fight.

Come to think of it his BW belt doesn't count either because like Tom he also beat a non champion in Moraes to win it, and Marlon went on to lose his next 7 or 8 in a row after so it aged like milk.

Poor little Henry is just singular C from now on.
and MM very arguably won the 2nd bout between them

Which UFC fighters are former Olympians and who is the most accomplished, overall, in the UFC?

Randy Couture:

3x Olympic Alternate in Greco Roman Wrestling. (88’, 92’, 96’)
UFC LHW Champ
UFC HW Champ
Oldest Fighter to win UFC Gold(45 yrs old!)

What are some others?
That´s not a matter of opinion, you just need to do the math....

Henry Cejudo. Olympic gold and UFC champion two divisions.
Mark Coleman. Olympic 6th. World silver.UFC champion.

Randy never competed in the Olympics.

Randy wasn't even the best Olympic wrestler on team quest. He was just an alternate.

Hendo made the team twice and finished as high as 10th.

Matt Lindland won a silver medal.
I wonder if he stinkified himself for the olympics?

Yoel Romero's silver holds more weight than Cejudo's gold.

Deeper division.

He never really used It in MMA, but In terms of pure wrestling accomplishment at the olympics, probably him.

Cormier took 3rd or 4th in one of his Olympic showings. He also killed his kidneys in the other so he couldn't compete. He was team captain though.

That´s not a matter of opinion, you just need to do the math....
Sorry to break it down to you. An "Olympic Alternate" is someone that went to the Olympics as an expectator.

Randy was a very accomplished wrestler and fighter, but he's "An Olympian" only in the UFC spin machine.

Mark Schultz

Surprised nobody mentioned him so far
The question says "Which UFC fighters are former Olympians and who is the most accomplished, overall, in the UFC?"

Schulz was indeed an Olympian, so at least you produce a proper candidate, unlike @Fedora Millionankles that brought a non-Olympian. But I disagree that beating Gary Goodridge qualifies as a bigger accomplishment in the UFC than being a two division champion, as Cejudo (I cannot reocgnize Towelman as a two-division champ since we know now that he was a roider like Jon, evven if Towelman went away with it).

Even measuring Olympic accomplisments I put Cejudo above Schulz. Schulz won his medal in the most watered down olympics ever, especially in wrestling, as most od the Easter Europe countries and Cuba boycotted the games in response for the USA's boycott on 1980.

The question says "Which UFC fighters are former Olympians and who is the most accomplished, overall, in the UFC?"

Schulz was indeed an Olympian, so at least you produce a proper candidate, unlike @Fedora Millionankles that brought a non-Olympian. But I disagree that beating Gary Goodridge qualifies as a bigger accomplishment in the UFC than being a two division champion, as Cejudo (I cannot reocgnize Towelman as a two-division champ since we know now that he was a roider like Jon, evven if Towelman went away with it).

Even measuring Olympic accomplisments I put Cejudo above Schulz. Schulz won his medal in the most watered down olympics ever, especially in wrestling, as most od the Easter Europe countries and Cuba boycotted the games in response for the USA's boycott on 1980.
BgsCEE7CMAAtYj9.jpg

Back