Most accomplished Olympian in UFC history?

i don’t really follow wrestling, so fill me in: what’s the highest accolade or award you can receive in wrestling? is it a gold medal in olympics, world championship, ncaa, or something else? i know in some sports (e.g., boxing) gold medal is not necessarily seen as highest honor, even though it’s obviously impressive. in wrestling, is the gold medal the single greatest claim to being “the best in the world?”

certainly henry cejudo has to be the most accomplished olympian in ufc, although you could make the argument for ronda rousey based on her number of title defenses. of course rousey fought weaker competition, but she leaned more on her olympic skillset than cejudo did. honorable mentions for yoel romero and dan henderson for being two of the best never to win titles.

also, honorable mention to ben askren for setting the record for fastest ko.

Gold medal would be the pinnacle sir.
World championships are right after that in my eyes.

These are simultaneously the most humorous and frustrating threads. People passionately argue for either question (most accomplished Oympian in Olympics or most accomplished Olympian in MMA) and both sides can be right...and wrong.
Both yinnin' and yangin' N swingin' and bangin' for sure !​

MM definitely won that, but you know Dana wasn't going to let him leave while still holding the title.
HELL NO, and Dana would have kept MM's record-setting championship $15K pay, then shut down the entire division out of spite.

HELL NO, and Dana would have kept MM's record-setting championship $15K pay, then shut down the entire division out of spite.

Sadly that sounds exactly like something he would do sir.

Sorry to break it down to you. An "Olympic Alternate" is someone that went to the Olympics as an expectator.

Randy was a very accomplished wrestler and fighter, but he's "An Olympian" only in the UFC spin machine.
But, then he is not really an Olympian. What the f am I missing here?

Obviously Cormier. He can also beat any other olimpians mentioned. Matter of fact he´s the best olimpian in a fight period. No other olimpian would beat him in a 1 on 1 fight. Besides he can easily be called top 10 MMA Goat.

Back