what is your ideal summer vacation?

Finger lakes are awesome. Was up there for my friends wedding. Tons of fun and absolutely beautiful.

I used to fight in Kingston, Ontario quite a bit back in the day so we always had to go through there on the way up. It's awesome. I always said that I'd get a cabin there sometime but I never got around to it.

snowing in june!!!! wow that looks really nice, id loive to go there. people never think of californa as having snow... a few years ago i drove cross country, on my way back the only place i hit snow was arizona... in the whole united states arizona had snow... was odd because out here we think of arizona as a big sand pit... but this was flagstaff

My wife & I just moved to Sedona a little shy of a month ago & it's only about 20 miles from Flagstaff. We absolutely love it here & since we just got married in June we feel like our life now is like one long summer vacation/honeymoon. So, to answer your question, my best summer vacation would be right now. It's awesome.
But, if we're talking about the past then it would have to be one of my trips to Maine. I used to go there almost every year for quite a while. In fact, I always thought that if I were ever to relocate from my native Buffalo area that it would be to move to Maine. But, life didn't work out that way. Which is fine by me because I'd much rather deal with the Arizona heat in the summer that the New England cold of the winter.

Summertime is usually the only time of year the weather is halfway decent in my country (Denmark) so i like to stay here in the summer and travel out of season.

Ideal trip for me was 1 month in Kyoto and surrounds in May a couple years ago, visiting remote buddhist mountain temples (see my av for example of path leading to one such), hanging out in lush fragrant Japanese zen-gardens all day meditating, and eating exotic, delicious food in the evenings.

Yoga retreats in the country side is something i like to do a couple of times a year.

Love travelling anywhere in Europe (my favourite place in the word) and visiting and revisiting the gorgeous old towns and cities of Europe and seeing fine art and fantastic architecture is a lifelong favourite for weekend getaways or longer stays.

Enjoy your trip catzilla, sounds great.

Remote cottage by a lake. No internet, no cell phone coverage.
Just peace.

Summertime is usually the only time of year the weather is halfway decent in my country (Denmark) so i like to stay here in the summer and travel out of season.

Ideal trip for me was 1 month in Kyoto and surrounds in May a couple years ago, visiting remote buddhist mountain temples (see my av for example of path leading to one such), hanging out in lush fragrant Japanese zen-gardens all day meditating, and eating exotic, delicious food in the evenings.

Yoga retreats in the country side is something i like to do a couple of times a year.

Love travelling anywhere in Europe (my favourite place in the word) and visiting and revisiting the gorgeous old towns and cities of Europe and seeing fine art and fantastic architecture is a lifelong favourite for weekend getaways or longer stays.

Enjoy your trip catzilla, sounds great.

Yeah much the same in the UK, I might sometimes do some local traveling but why avoid the most pleasant time of year here for somewhere that probably has whether that's worse? I spose sometimes if I'm going to the Alps for walking that is best suited for the summerish period but I try ti make it outside of school holidays, normally September.

My favourite time to travel though is around Feb/March when winter is starting to become boring, cheap holidays places like La Palma, more expensive South America or New Zealand, actually just booked to go back to Patagonia for a 3rd time this feb, best mountain landscale in the world for walking IMHO without extreme altitude to worry about and most of it can be done in a day staying at a decent hotel.

MaxRiche-Patagonia-FitzRoy.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of beer and lots of weed and no one around. solo.

<DisgustingHHH>

Cottage. Europes sucks in summer. Its South America's winter.

I used to love doing the summer cottage getaway when younger. Peace and serenity on a nice quiet inland lake or river system somewhere remote with lots of canoeing. Hs to be canoeing or good hiking as I need to stay active.

I could disappear for hours at dawn up this river.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fcassidyrandall%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F06%2FCanoeing_LakeRevelstoke-2-1200x900.jpg

But more so now, summer vacations for me are exploring new countries or areas. So much of the world I want to still see.

I miss Thailand...

...though I desperately want to see more of the world.

Last holiday that I had, the gf and I basically drove to Southsea, stayed 45 minutes whilst coming to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the £80 per night for a hotel, then drove back up.

Basically, we ate, stayed at home mostly and became pissed off over the weather.

This is at the top of the list right now. I'm real big on landscapes and Switzerland just looks amazing.

lac_oeschinen-4-900x675.jpg

I would love to visit the Alps in summer. Sightseeing in Europe is better in spring or fall, as are Carribean beaches. My wife nags at me to go to Galapagos isles but the price for such a trip is fookin huge.

I dont have kids and I dont like travelling too much so LA to Vegas every 3 months to unwind. Or anytime theres a UFC card. 2-3 times in the summer to get that NV bronze.

Im going this weekend actually, Cheers!

We're big on vacations. I live 5 minutes from the lake so I spend a lot of time there boating, drinking & hanging out. I prefer the beach though, particularly somewhere in Hawaii. I do love doing winter stuff too like ice fishing, snowmobiling, sledding, etc.

Or just do the Rockies for a tenth of the cost. I'm not balling enough to even consider the Alps for a getaway.
I've been to Glacier already. You can always save or get a loan like most of us common folk do lol

Mountains and hiking/climbing.

Ontario cottage country is ok if you're getting together with friends. I'd rather stick myself in the eye than spend time in Muskoka with every douchebag talking about how expensive it is 24/7.

We're stuck doing school vacation July and August which I hate because of the crowds. I'm in Edinburgh right now and headed to Copenhagen and then Norway.

Back