what is your ideal summer vacation?

I had to go to Bridgeport, CA up in the High Sierras for a week in June, it was snowing everyday (I shit you not). II've been sent there 6 times in five years for work, it's in the middle of nowhere but it is truly serene nature

Granted i was there for work, but the days are super light so i'm really just chilling and checking out the various sites like Bodie Ghost Town, Virginia Lakes, Golden Gate Mill mine, Yosemite, etc...
Basically i get sent here
-and-engaging-in-high-altitude-assaults.jpg
snowing in june!!!! wow that looks really nice, id loive to go there. people never think of californa as having snow... a few years ago i drove cross country, on my way back the only place i hit snow was arizona... in the whole united states arizona had snow... was odd because out here we think of arizona as a big sand pit... but this was flagstaff

At my buddies mini mansion cabin in LAKE TAHOE. It’s like a mini paradise if the trashy people stay out after 4th of July .

man it has been a long time ago. we went to horse races which was pretty cool. we always went to lake george for some reason. not that far away but was a good time. i think it was saratoga that had a decent bar/restaurant scene. live music and such. there's a college up there

i'm talking like late 80's man, but i would think it is stll a good time. i've never had a calzone as good as up there
as a kid i use to go to lake george a lot. remember an amusment park up there, forgot what it was called. they had a good water park as well

snowing in june!!!! wow that looks really nice, id loive to go there. people never think of californa as having snow... a few years ago i drove cross country, on my way back the only place i hit snow was arizona... in the whole united states arizona had snow... was odd because out here we think of arizona as a big sand pit... but this was flagstaff
ya, Flagstaff/Univ of North Ariz are pretty high up especially for Arizona

The base where i get sent is at an elevation of 7500' up. it's right next to White Mountain in the Toiyabe National Forest, 14.2k' up

There's some great spots out East.. in the Summer at least. My gf is from upstate NY so we go out there once a year to visit her family. We're thinking about doing the AirBbB rental thing on the Finger Lakes next summer. There are some great spots up in the Catskills too. I just fucking hate the cold so we avoid going back around the holidays if possible.
as i've said several times, i'm from the border of texas/mexico. i was stationed up there a year. 6 months of hard winter. there was a week that was in the -30's the entire week. fuck that shit

as i've said several times, i'm from the border of texas/mexico. i was stationed up there a year. 6 months of hard winter. there was a week that was in the -30's the entire week. fuck that shit
Ft Drum? 10th mtn?

explain them to me so I get it... also why? you dont like living there?

From a tourist point of view theres nothing really to do here

Want sightseeing? There are no sights to see really, country is 90 percent swamp and forest

Want food? Finnish culinary culture is infamously horrible.

Want culture? Drink and stab each other,also tractor driving while drunk is fun etc (basically all kind of redneck stuff)

This place is ok but from tourist side of things not that great.

You should go to scandinavia instead

But world is a big place and more you see the better, i recommend 2 days in the helsinki and then to russia or estonia or scandinavia

Want sightseeing? There are no sights to see really, country is 90 percent swamp and forest

Want culture? Drink and stab each other,also tractor driving while drunk is fun etc (basically all kind of redneck stuff)

But world is a big place and more you see the better, i recommend 2 days in the helsinki and then to russia or estonia or scandinavia
I went to Helsinki, didn't mind it but i also completely see what you're talking about regarding the rest of the country

I actually was trying to go to St Petersburg, Russia, but got denied by the US State Dept b/c of the Crimea ish, so i switched it to Helsinki to try and get a similar climate/environment

Simo Hayha bless

in Europe I have been to ireland, northern ireland, scotland, germany,iceland, france and england... thats about it. would love to see more of it. eastern europe as well.

why you getting in my business? mods please ban for pip.

lol, no i was in the navy. nptu ballston spa. nuclear prototype
My bad, Ft Drum was the only Upstate base i knew of
not gonna lie I've never even heard of Ballston Spa hahahaha

Lake nearby, fire in the evenings, fishing, golf.

My current vacation.

lol at "Finger Lakes"
but srsly, I grew up outside of Binghamton, NY.
mosquitos were harsh in the summer, so we'd
all jump in a van and drive to Florida for a week.
beach, strip bars, chicks in bikinis.
good times.

in Europe I have been to ireland, northern ireland, scotland, germany,iceland, france and england... thats about it. would love to see more of it. eastern europe as well.

bro go to eastern europe (especially hungary,czech republic,ukraine,Russia), its awesome as a tourist for real

scandinavia is okay if you got time but otherwise nothing interesting there.

finland and baltics can be totally skipped theres nothing interesting and the only thing to do is drink and fight (although i like baltics for cheap vodka and hookers)

now vacation is mtn biking in Tahoe.
i just bought a bike .. actually from a thread on here. had a friend put it together for me, havent rode it yet but i plan on biking a lot more

Back