what is your ideal summer vacation?

I've been to Whistler, but during skiing season
As i'm not big on the Cold, i'd love to go to there or Banff in the Summer instead

Or just do the Rockies for a tenth of the cost. I'm not balling enough to even consider the Alps for a getaway.

this^^^. I have family in Switzerland and used to go regularly when I was a kid. I also lived in Banff and the Rockies are every bit as nice as Switzerland.

Switzerland itself is egregiously expensive, due to the Franc and the exchange rate

I merely went to Bern, lovely city, but not like a mtn getaway and it was crazy expensive. Even a meal at McDs was like the equivalent of then $11 US. I"m sure it's better now, but i felt like i was in Kuwait or Bahrain w/ the costs
edit: just checked and the exchange rate has improved slightly, maybe they just had artificially inflated costs. I went in like 2013 so it wasn't that long ago

Switzerland itself is egregiously expensive, due to the Franc and the exchange rate

It's also boring as shit. I was in Geneva last fall and the place shuts down at about 8:30pm. That's what you get in a place full of rich people who don't want other people to know they are there.

I've been to Whistler, but during skiing season
As i'm not big on the Cold, i'd love to go to there or Banff in the Summer instead

Did you ski? I'm asking because you don't get a lot of places that are 1mile vertical drop (pretty much 2x of any place in Colorado) which is crazy.

It's also boring as shit. I was in Geneva last fall and the place shuts down at about 8:30pm. That's what you get in a place full of rich people who don't other people to know they are there.
Have you ever been to Andorra or Lichtenstein?

I only ask b/c you're one of the most well traveled people i 'know' on here or anywhere, and they strike me both as very similar situations to Switzerland and Luxembourg, just way smaller than Switzerland

Have you ever been to Andorra or Lichtenstein?

I only ask b/c you're one of the most well traveled people i 'know' on here or anywhere, and they strike me both as very similar situations to Switzerland and Luxembourg, just way smaller than Switzerland

No I haven't. Lichtenstein is very small. I've been all around it but never there. I actually think that Austria is a very underrated place. Vienna is an amazing city. The Alps are just stunning. Compared to Switzerland it's much cheaper, what's not to love.

I've never been to Andorra. I know it's popular with tax dodgers. France close to the Spanish border is just amazing so i assume Andorra is beautiful.

Did you ski? I'm asking because you don't get a lot of places that are 1mile vertical drop (pretty much 2x of any place in Colorado) which is crazy.
I've snowboarded, and that's what i did when i went (went w/ relatively wealthy friends when i lived near Seattle)

I've never been skiing no

i just came back from exploring the rocky mountains, and it was amazing! i recommend that others go, if they ever have the chance.

Yeah much the same in the UK, I might sometimes do some local traveling but why avoid the most pleasant time of year here for somewhere that probably has whether that's worse? I spose sometimes if I'm going to the Alps for walking that is best suited for the summerish period but I try ti make it outside of school holidays, normally September.

My favourite time to travel though is around Feb/March when winter is starting to become boring, cheap holidays places like La Palma, more expensive South America or New Zealand, actually just booked to go back to Patagonia for a 3rd time this feb, best mountain landscale in the world for walking IMHO without extreme altitude to worry about and most of it can be done in a day staying at a decent hotel.

MaxRiche-Patagonia-FitzRoy.jpg
id love to go therre

i live by the beach so i prefer to stay home rather than travel. and i like it best when my wifes at work

I have only been on vacation once, and I went to Corova Beach in North Carolina. It was really beautiful. If you woke up early in the morning, you could see the dolphins jumping above the water and wild horses running around on the sand dunes behind you. No one around for a really good stretch, so it was just you and the beach. Paradise

No love for the West coast itt!? Went hiking in Boulder earlier this summer that was great. Going to Oregon and down through the red wood forest in a few weeks. Can't wait. Of course going to be smoking 10 tons of bud on that vacation

It always changes, now it would be to travel South East Asia, with a soul mate/partner, mainly Bali, and Thailand. Take lots of pictures, shoot lots of videos, create beautiful memories, and have amazing experiences.

Yeah much the same in the UK, I might sometimes do some local traveling but why avoid the most pleasant time of year here for somewhere that probably has whether that's worse? I spose sometimes if I'm going to the Alps for walking that is best suited for the summerish period but I try ti make it outside of school holidays, normally September.

My favourite time to travel though is around Feb/March when winter is starting to become boring, cheap holidays places like La Palma, more expensive South America or New Zealand, actually just booked to go back to Patagonia for a 3rd time this feb, best mountain landscale in the world for walking IMHO without extreme altitude to worry about and most of it can be done in a day staying at a decent hotel.

MaxRiche-Patagonia-FitzRoy.jpg
You know what's up.

Gorgeous picture, btw. One of your own?

No love for the West coast itt!? Went hiking in Boulder earlier this summer that was great. Going to Oregon and down through the red wood forest in a few weeks. Can't wait. Of course going to be smoking 10 tons of bud on that vacation
i almost moved to boulder once but plans changed and i ended up in a place called morro bay ca

Back