• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is your favourite fighter's worst loss?

Last edited:
My favourite fighters are Rampage and Conor.

Rampage's worst loss is probably the Wanderlei 2 fight where he took 20 knees to the face and was left hanging like a corpse.

Rampage is one of my favorite fighters too, but I think his worst loss was the fight to Griffin. The Wanderlei loss was brutal. No doubt about it. But watching the Griffin fight is tougher for me. Seeing him slowly succumb to (those fucking) leg kicks and later getting mounted had me losing my mind while I was watching. I wasn't ready for him to give up the belt yet. The "Rampage" Era was supposed to be a thing. We'd be on our 3rd A-Team movie by now had he won that fight.

Mir - Lesnar

Arlovski - Fedor

Crocop - fucking Schaub. SICKENING.

Roy Nelson vs Hunt. Because it was a rare loss by finish.
Gustafsson vs Rumble. Man that was so sad :(
Aldo vs Conor was also depressing.

Also Stipe vs Arlovski/Werdum.

002_Fedor_Emelianenko_vs_Antonio_Silva.jpg

It sucked at the time, but in retrospect it's not so bad. We've moved past the era of one dimensional 280lb beasts being bested by the smaller but more talented man. The guys today that are over 250 are mostly well rounded and experienced, so losing to one when you're like 230 isn't a big deal. In this new era Fedor really is a LWH.

Also, Bigfoot won via doctor stoppage. And is a literal giant, that was on TRT. No shame for Fedor.

Fedor vs Hendo/Bigfoot/Werdum
Gus + Manuwa vs Rumble
Anderson vs Weidman I
Any Brad Pickett loss
Conor vs Nate I

Shogun losing to Jones

BJ vs Edgar 3

Crocop getting headkicked by Gonzaga
You nailed 2 out of 3 for me.
- BJ / Edgar 3
- CroCop getting Gonzaga'd
But my 3rd is:
- Matt Hughes putting Royce Gracie in a crucifix :(

It sucked at the time, but in retrospect it's not so bad. We've moved past the era of one dimensional 280lb beasts being bested by the smaller but more talented man. The guys today that are over 250 are mostly well rounded and experienced, so losing to one when you're like 230 isn't a big deal. In this new era Fedor really is a LWH.

Also, Bigfoot won via doctor stoppage. And is a literal giant, that was on TRT. No shame for Fedor.

When he lost to Werdum i was not as ashamed as i was when he lost to Silva, and many people tend to forget he almost beat Silva by ankle lock. He was mounted and being beaten by a guy i always thought he should have fought much smarter then.

Rampage is one of my favorite fighters too, but I think his worst loss was the fight to Griffin. The Wanderlei loss was brutal. No doubt about it. But watching the Griffin fight is tougher for me. Seeing him slowly succumb to (those fucking) leg kicks and later getting mounted had me losing my mind while I was watching. I wasn't ready for him to give up the belt yet. The "Rampage" Era was supposed to be a thing. We'd be on our 3rd A-Team movie by now had he won that fight.

Rampage/Forrest and Rampage/Jones hurt so much more cause they were for a belt. But damn Rampage got mauled by Wandy in the first 2 fights

Shogun vs Sonnen feels like a bad dream

My favorite fighter is Kenneth Allen, I don't know where to even start.

Cruz vs Faber 1
Maia vs Marquardt
Hunt vs McCorkle or Manhoef
Barnett vs Rothwell or Browne
Machida vs Rockhold
Condit vs Maia

Last edited:
Maia vs Nate Marquardt.

I had lotion and tissue out for an exciting ground battle with Maia winning.

:(

My favourite fighters are Rampage and Conor.

Rampage's worst loss is probably the Wanderlei 2 fight where he took 20 knees to the face and was left hanging like a corpse.

Conor's worst loss is probably the Nate Diaz fight, short-notice fight he took where he got rocked and chocked out. But could also be losing to some Lithuanian guy with a 15-16 record but that was his like 3rd fight.

It was a short notice fight for Nate too ya know

In my eyes he did enough to win that fight, obviously judges are dumb. To lose to a guy once is bad but to lose to him again especially in the way he did was the hard part, which is why the Wanderlei fight is the worst loss imo. But I get your point as well, no way did I think he would lose in his first title defence especially no offence to Forrest Griffin.

Rampage was special to watch. Hopefully he comes back to the UFC and kicks ass.

Rampage/Forrest and Rampage/Jones hurt so much more cause they were for a belt. But damn Rampage got mauled by Wandy in the first 2 fights

O shit I stole your avatar. So sorry :oops:

We have good taste tho ;)

Shogun losing to Chael cut me to my core
Aldo losing to Conor in the fashion he did

Back