Movies What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

I'm 32 this year. The first scary movie for me was Sleepaway Camp. I randomly found it when I was between 10-12 years old. Can't remember exactly but I was going through un marked VHS tapes in my family's house. It started from the middle of the beginning so I didn't know what I was watching. The setting is like your typical 80's camp story with bullies and such. That's always scary for me. It wasn't really scary scary but the ending is what got me. I won't spoil it but at the time I was extremely freaked out.

I did enjoy the first SAW movie as well. The ending had me in shock. As much as I look to enjoy scary movies, most of them do nothing for me. I hate ghost movies and movies where no one actually dies.

I enjoyed Get Out but that's more of a thriller than a horror I guess. I like thrillers.
the end still gives me the chills to this day. the sound alone is enough to make me wish i had a nightlight on

Salem's Lot scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.

That end scene of Blair witch terrified me. When movie first came out I thought it was based on real video and the scene was fantastic
Still get chills if I watch it

MV5BODBhZjkyNTctNjZjNC00MWIxLWIyZjAtYjBjMjNkNTlmZGEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA1NTM1NDI2._V1_.jpg

this was the most recent movie i’ve watched that truly made me feel uneasy while watching it

The saddest IMBD entry anyway...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1856457/

Jacob's Ladder.
Some people find it corny or something, but that movie disturbs me to my core.
great choice, that movie is straight up chilling. it evokes such a creepy and oppressive atmosphere

other mentions: The Shining, The Blair Witch Project, REC, The Descent, Alien, Candyman, also shoutout to TUSK for not being super scary but insanely creepy and fucked up.

Cool. I can see you're a cultured man of great taste by your choice of film. Dario Argento is one of my favorite filmmakers & DEEP RED is, indeed, one of his best. Have you seen any of his other films? If not, I highly recommend SUSPIRIA & PHENOMENA which are my personal favorites of his oeuvre.
Suspiria is amazing, I don't find it scary but it's one of the most beautiful aesthetic movies ever made. very hypnotizing. If you haven't seen the remake it's worth checking out but the director took the source material in a very different direction.

The Ring. I saw it in theatres as a freshman in high school and I wasn’t fucking prepared for that movie. It was a “double date” type of setting and I went complete scared bitch mode for the entire movie. That was a rough night.

Suspiria is amazing, I don't find it scary but it's one of the most beautiful aesthetic movies ever made. very hypnotizing. If you haven't seen the remake it's worth checking out but the director took the source material in a very different direction.

I'm right there with you, my friend. I could watch Argento's original all day long. I've got the 4K UHD disc & it's by far the most impressive film that I own in that format.

As for the remake, I quite enjoy that too. I don't have the same love for it as I do for the original but it's a very good film.

MV5BODBhZjkyNTctNjZjNC00MWIxLWIyZjAtYjBjMjNkNTlmZGEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA1NTM1NDI2._V1_.jpg

this was the most recent movie i’ve watched that truly made me feel uneasy while watching it
Came here to post this. I don't even know if i've seen it in full, but i've never had a movie terrify me as much.

It's absolutely bleak without even the slightest bit of hope.

@HenryFlower has already posted it, and i'll do so as well.

I honestly think that very few, if any, movies compare to the effect threads will have on you.

I have yet to see something as bleak, especially because because the threat of a country being affected by nuclear warfare is something very real.

I promise anyone on here that this movie will terrify you and leave you in a state that possibly no movie ever has done.
@Ares Black @GoshiShun17
Saw you guys posting on here, so i've thought i'm gonna tag you - this movie will leave you feeling terrible but it's worth watching imo. (If that makes sense).

La Cabina (The Phone Box)

Its only a short movie about 30minutes from 1972, seen this when I was young and it freaked me out.. dont spoil it, just watch how the terror pans out.. true horror..

The first 3 to 4 episodes of The Outsider. Stephen King adaptation. The rest of it was trash but to this day, those first 4 episodes haunt me and I still occasionally find myself scared at night.

I'm right there with you, my friend. I could watch Argento's original all day long. I've got the 4K UHD disc & it's by far the most impressive film that I own in that format.

As for the remake, I quite enjoy that too. I don't have the same love for it as I do for the original but it's a very good film.

I'v still not seen the remake, it does seem to be very love/hate in its reactions, I'm guessing perhaps depending a lot on expectation?

The original to me almost feels like an extended music video to the Goblin soundtrack(which was I believe recorded first with Argento having a strong influence), playing up horror clichés and focusing mostly on atmosphere to match the music. I'v heard how good the US UHD release of it is, I'v still got ther old Cine-Excess version which I honestly felt looked very good but it seems the Synapse UHD is even better, it does seem like a film very well suited for HDR and more extreme colours.

Back