Movies What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

Ouch. That is some serious price gouging. Sorry about that, man. Best of luck with Deep Discount. Hopefully, they'll get those two films back in stock very soon.

Honestly I don't like to be too cheap with smaller labels stuff(less so Arrow and Criterion) and I'll buy them direct when I can but both those companies don't seem to be setup for it, selling at RRP that's obviously not intended to be actual sale price. I don't think either of those releases is actually limited edition and they seem to be selling well so hopefully it will just be a question of putting in an order and waiting a bit.

Amazon are starting to get really bad for gouging IMHO, I wouldn't be supprised if its becoming their policy to buy up large amounts of stock specifically so they can be the only ones with any left over. Tends to be the way with big net business generally I'd say, starts off seemingly good value but when monopoly has been achieved and there actually getting a return on investment prices go up.

Honestly I won't be supprised if the whole UHD disk market ends up being heavily supported by horror, I didn't really think about it when buying them but about half of what I'v picked up so far is along those lines, Alien, Angel Heart, Jaws, The Shining, Don't Look Now, Predator, etc. The idea UHD would mainly appeal to people wanting razor sharp modern digital visuals doesn't seem to have taken off to the degree they hoped, perhaps because a lot of modern films are just HD uprez or even if there filmed at 4K the CGI GC FX are rendered at HD because 4K is simply too time consuming. The appeal of having a good representation of film on the other hand does seem to be taking off and horror does naturally tend to work via atmospheric visuals more which HDR benefits.

Last edited:
Back