Movies What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?

i remember watching this on tv as a teen in the mid nineties and just having a really uneasy feeling afterwards
underrated gem stuck with me to this day

Cool. I don't know about anyone else but I love it when a movie has that sort of effect on me. They're few & far between but it still happens occasionally.

It's kind of a B-movie that borrows a lot of elements from Alien. It's fun though and the cinematography and special effects are pretty good.

Yes! That is the one that I was thinking of. Yeah, it's a cheap Roger Corman flick from the early 80s. I think I saw it on Showtime back then. I remember it had copious amounts of nudity & then there was the guy with cancer at the end, right?
I'm going to have to see if it's available for streaming. I'd love to see it again after all these years.

Cool. I don't know about anyone else but I love it when a movie has that sort of effect on me. They're few & far between but it still happens occasionally.
yeah 100% probably because i had.no clue to what was going to happen aand back then before internet was big there was less information unless a friend had seen and talked about it i seldom get the same feeling from movies these days sadly

yeah 100% probably because i had.no clue to what was going to happen aand back then before internet was big there was less information unless a friend had seen and talked about it i seldom get the same feeling from movies these days sadly

Yeah, we tend to get jaded as we get older & things don't get to us in the same way anymore. I think the last two movies to give me a little chill were HEREDITY & SESSION 9.

Yes! That is the one that I was thinking of. Yeah, it's a cheap Roger Corman flick from the early 80s. I think I saw it on Showtime back then. I remember it had copious amounts of nudity & then there was the guy with cancer at the end, right?
I'm going to have to see if it's available for streaming. I'd love to see it again after all these years.
yeah, the cinematography reminds me of Italian horror films, and the special effects were really good.

He has this gratuitous style where the director likes to show all the mysterious elements. Explaining the premise, showing the bad guy as much as possible and the nudity. The gratuitousness makes it campy but the film takes itself seriously which gives it a sort of charm.

MV5BODBhZjkyNTctNjZjNC00MWIxLWIyZjAtYjBjMjNkNTlmZGEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA1NTM1NDI2._V1_.jpg

this was the most recent movie i’ve watched that truly made me feel uneasy while watching it

It wasn’t even a horror movie actually. When I was in elementary school, my dad took me to the theatre to see Red Dawn. That scene where the high school class was interrupted by Soviet troops parachuting onto the field scared the shit out of me at the time, not knowing how far-fetched that scene was. After the movie, I still remember asking my dad if that could happen.

Exorcist at the time. But Jaws is the only one to affect me for the rest of my damned life.

Terminator

I saw it at a very young age. I remember the night I watched it. I went to bed and my VCR had 2 red lights on it. I layed in bed all night paralyzed in fear thinking those VCR lights were Terminator eyes looking at me
I have to agree...I saw it in the theater and had my feet up on the seat because I thought an arm would grab my leg.

1. I was 10 when I first saw The Shining. So scary.
2. Same with The Exorcist
3. Deliverance was the first time I saw that a man could be raped.
4. Poltergeist 1 and 2 terrified me
5. Alien

For me it was Event horizon. I saw it in the theatre and my friend told me it was like star wars because I hated horror movies at the time.

I can't watch it. Same with the alien short in VHS2.

Signs scared the fuck out of me. I slept with a bat for weeks after watching it.

But Blair Witch when it came out did the most damage because I thought it was real.

I'm addicted to horror games too despite being a big pussy.

I saw signs while stranded in the corn palace town in south dakota with my mom and was totally scared walkin back to the bed and breakfast we were stranded at. If i was younger it would probably hold the number one spot for me.

That scene where they catch a glimpse of it on camara at like a kids birthday party walkin by real quick has givin me the heebie jeebies on multiple occasions just thinking about it at the wrong times. Aliens scare me and i would never have a cute et moment with one as i am likely going to open fire on the spot if i got it on me or its near by.

Age is going to be directly related to your answer, because the best horror movies draw you in, let you feel like you are right there. And if a young fellow watched the Evil Dead original today, the impact would be far less than when it first came out. Same with something like the blair witch project. I first saw it at the drive in, without knowing a thing about it, and seeing how it was the first found footage movie, I was sort of thinking this was actual real footage. I mean people were actually gathering search parties to go look for those kids when that film came out.
So maybe pick your top three.
I will go with The Evil dead. This scene alone still sticks with me.
latest

The Blair Witch, for the above reasons.
And I will go with the ring. It is still scarier IMO than any movie made in the last 20 years.
I'm 32 this year. The first scary movie for me was Sleepaway Camp. I randomly found it when I was between 10-12 years old. Can't remember exactly but I was going through un marked VHS tapes in my family's house. It started from the middle of the beginning so I didn't know what I was watching. The setting is like your typical 80's camp story with bullies and such. That's always scary for me. It wasn't really scary scary but the ending is what got me. I won't spoil it but at the time I was extremely freaked out.

I did enjoy the first SAW movie as well. The ending had me in shock. As much as I look to enjoy scary movies, most of them do nothing for me. I hate ghost movies and movies where no one actually dies.

I enjoyed Get Out but that's more of a thriller than a horror I guess. I like thrillers.

Back