• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is izzy biggest weakness that he needs to improve?

Yes but that is maybe the best implementation of such a sentiment. For me it wasn't about the dog thing but how he worked it into the thread topic

Yea that was a cut above the usual dog jokes. Double entrenda at its finest.

Offensive grappling.
Israel Adesanya, coming from a striking background, likely spent a lot of time focusing on defensive grappling—things like takedown defense, working off his back, and getting back to his feet. If he had better offensive wrestling and ground control, I think Izzy could have beaten Pereira in their first fight.

They fought twice in the UFC and Izzy got the last laugh. Nothing wrong with talking in a pub about that.
He slept Alex and took the belt from him. I'd say he won the war.
He won a battle
He lost 3 battles
He failed to win the LHW belt. Alex holds the LHW battle
He failed to beat Jan. Alex beat Jan.
Alex beat Strickland then helped Strickland beat Izzy

Izzy won one skirmish

Alex absolutely annihilated him in the "war".

No amount of opium changes this.

Fighting from boxing distance. He has some decent counters but he doesn't seem confident stepping into his shots.

He's beaten nearly all of the other best middleweight fighters in the sport, and knocked out two of the most fearsome, but his boxing is definitely "not good at all" and requires further input and correction from you.
I did specify boxing and not striking for a reason. He gets his leg kicks checked and he suffers trying to set anything up after that. Dude has survived off of his huge reach and leg kick game but more boxing would do him some good, imo.

I came to backlight this thread title, but obviously way too late. What are you guys doing on this forum so early in the morning?

Anyway, to answer the question, Izzy needs a time machine so he can go back and undo all the really stupid shit he did, like talking, and sucking dogs, and humping opponents, and playing with dolls, and calling a real African a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: 50 times on global TV, and talking.

If the dude never spoke, he would be miles ahead of where he is now.

Inside the ring, whatever weaknesses he has are pretty small, so I assume this thread is open season, right?

I did specify boxing and not striking for a reason. He gets his leg kicks checked and he suffers trying to set anything up after that. Dude has survived off of his huge reach and leg kick game but more boxing would do him some good, imo.

Well, that's at least a more sensible response, although ultimately I'd say that results speak loudest, and ultimately, he clearly knows how to utilize all of the tools as he's undeniably one of the best strikers ever in this sport (whether you want to interpret that as a group of 10, 20 or larger is up to you).

He won a battle
He lost 3 battles

Izzy won one skirmish

Lol. He won the last battle and took the spoils to use your silly analogy.

When you win and take and walk away with the crown you've won the " war ".

Nice spin tho

needs to man up if he's behind, he's too experienced to defer to his coach

It’s exposing the power elite high cabal of serial child rapist at his press conferences; that gets my vote

*Woodchipper Belt

Honestly TDD. His striking is good enough for Pereira or Strickland, he could win those fights with a good gameplan and staying focused. Jan wiped him on the floor and it will always be his weakness. Especially with Bo and Khamzat around the corner.

I think he needs to be more aggressive. He is the best boxer in the ufc, but he just prefers to not use it and instead fights on the outside throwing leg kicks. I still think he beats strickland easily in a rematch.
He's not even a boxer, much less the best boxer.

He won a battle
He lost 3 battles

Izzy won one skirmish

Izzy stood over Alex and then mocked his kid. Surely that counts for something lol

He won a battle
He lost 3 battles

Izzy won one skirmish

You can try to skew it in whatever way you like and pretend that last fight didn't happen. All I know is Izzy knocked Alex out cold in the UFC, the platform where it actually matters.

for his build and background he has done all the right things. he fights at a distance using alot of weapons, tries to avoid the ground game and just counter his opponents attacking or coming in.
if his opponents get desperate he is able to finish him. he will not push the action that much, but does become active once the opponent steps a bit in his range.

he has done very well in mma and doesnt need to improve much of his stand up at all. he could always improve other aspects but let's be hones.......guys like Izzy and Poatan switched very late to MMA and are very succesfull and also feared by their opponents. there are weaknesses but nothing that's huge and needs to be fixed asap

Back