• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is izzy biggest weakness that he needs to improve?

justmark

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I think he needs to be more aggressive. He is the best boxer in the ufc, but he just prefers to not use it and instead fights on the outside throwing leg kicks. I still think he beats strickland easily in a rematch.

I agree with ts, he should work towards controlling the fight and setting the pace rather than fighting at the pace his opponent dictates

Best boxer? Based on what fights? Also, what improvements has he shown since his loss to strickland that makes you think that a rematch would go differently? It wasn't like the first fight was a fluke win, he got beaten (outboxed especially) pillar to post.

I think he needs to be more aggressive. He is the best boxer in the ufc, but he just prefers to not use it and instead fights on the outside throwing leg kicks. I still think he beats strickland easily in a rematch.
Best boxer ? His boxing is his weakness. It's not good at all. Day 1 shit is learning some counters to the basic jab which he couldn't show against Strickland at all. Adding to that he looks much much worse when forced to engage instead of waiting to be the counter striker. Outside of tip tappy leg kick bullshit for points, that is.

He needs to learn to be more comfortable actively going on the offense and pressuring. He has to become more well rounded as a striker, instead of mainly just a counter striker.

Or go on the biggest cocktail of all the PEDs and become D1-Izzy.

Best boxer ? His boxing is his weakness. It's not good at all. Day 1 shit is learning some counters to the basic jab which he couldn't show against Strickland at all. Adding to that he looks much much worse when forced to engage instead of waiting to be the counter striker. Outside of tip tappy leg kick bullshit for points, that is.

He's beaten nearly all of the other best middleweight fighters in the sport, and knocked out two of the most fearsome, but his boxing is definitely "not good at all" and requires further input and correction from you.

Back