What if Condit didnt 'run' against Diaz?

What if Diaz went for a takedown in round 1 instead of round 5? What if Diaz cut off the cage a little bit? What if he didn't get picked apart while just walking around talking shit for 5 rounds?

Inquiring minds want to know...

picked apart lol?

What if JDS in the first fight against would have just pulled guard on Cain and let Cain do his thing on the ground?

I mean, WHAT IF!?

Fucking JDS, just standing up all the time.

What if....my aunt had balls? Would she be my uncle?

Better yet, what if Nick Diaz could make adjustments on the fly, cut off the cage and do more than move in one direction at a time?

If Condit went uber-agressive and somehow won, I'm convinced most people would still be bitching since it wasn't Diaz who won. Diaz is never allowed to legitimately lose, according to so many.

As others have said, why is it all contingent on Condit playing into Diaz's game, without asking for some modicum of adaptation from Nick? Not to mention the continued absurdity of insisting Condit literally did nothing of consequence but run like a coward. Cripes, I'm hearing now, nearly a year out, that leg kicks should never count against Nick since he doesn't show signs of reacting to them. In other words, "just because he's Nick 'God' Diaz"

What if JDS in the first fight against would have just pulled guard on Cain and let Cain do his thing on the ground?

I mean, WHAT IF!?

Fucking JDS, just standing up all the time.

Obviously not getting the question. Not against Condit or the way he fought. Just wondering If he did go toe to toe with Diaz would he of won? Like the fight was billed to be a 'dog fight'.

Obviously not getting the question. Not against Condit or the way he fought. Just wondering If he did go toe to toe with Diaz would he of won? Like the fight was billed to be a 'dog fight'.

STFU, not everyone who posts in this thread is responding directly to you.

What if Diaz had ever won a fight against a top ten fighter? clowns.

Paul Daley and BJ Penn were top 10's at the time. Sorry, you're wrong. Now go hate on Diaz in a different thread as you always do.

TS, if it went down that way, we would have gotten what we all expected. One of the best fights ever. If Carlos came out in his typical aggressive fashion, it would have been epic. He fought the smart fight and won.

People keep bashing Diaz because of his style, saying he is slow, bad footwork, needs to cut off the octagon, etc. These are very fair criticisms, but his style is also why his fans love him. He isn't looking to win a match, he is looking for a fight. He wants to bang, toe to toe. That's what is great about him. Good for Condit, I really like him as a fighter too, he's exciting as hell, but he fought the safe and boring (for fans) fight.

And to answer the question, no, I think Diaz wins a brawl. Condit is certainly more then capable of a KO in that scenario, but I believe Diaz would get the better of exchanges and wear him down with volume punching and toughness.

If Condit went uber-agressive and somehow won, I'm convinced most people would still be bitching since it wasn't Diaz who won. Diaz is never allowed to legitimately lose, according to so many.

As others have said, why is it all contingent on Condit playing into Diaz's game, without asking for some modicum of adaptation from Nick? Not to mention the continued absurdity of insisting Condit literally did nothing of consequence but run like a coward. Cripes, I'm hearing now, nearly a year out, that leg kicks should never count against Nick since he doesn't show signs of reacting to them. In other words, "just because he's Nick 'God' Diaz"

Its nothing to do with gameplan or adaptation. The fight was billed as a 'dog fight' an 'all out war' kind of fight. I was pulling for Condit as I hate Diaz. I honestly thought that if anyone could out aggressive or out cardio Diaz than Condit could. Instead we saw a great, technical fight which in my opinion Condit won. But if the fight did go as it was advertised (toe to toe) would he have?

i dunno who is more of a sore loser, Diaz or his fans.

get the fuck over it, that fight was almost a year ago and he "earned" his title shot anyways.

but he would have lost the fight...and I love condit.

nick-cage-lol.gif

This isn't a who won or bashing the way Condit got the decision thread, Im just wondering who you think would of won if Condit came out uber-aggressive like he usually does? After all, the reason people were so excited about this fight is because Condit's the only ww (probably) who can match Nick Diaz for aggressiveness/cardio etc

Thoughts?

Condit wins either way get off Diaz nutts it's a slow day on Sherdog

This isn't a who won or bashing the way Condit got the decision thread, Im just wondering who you think would of won if Condit came out uber-aggressive like he usually does? After all, the reason people were so excited about this fight is because Condit's the only ww (probably) who can match Nick Diaz for aggressiveness/cardio etc

Thoughts?

Diaz would have KO'd him late

Whenever Diaz or Penn lose, expect butthurt.

What the fuck are you doing here? No one has mentioned Flyweights yet. Shouldn't you be white-knighting one of those threads?

Then we'd have Nicholas Robert Diaz as our UFC Welterweight Champion right now.

TS, if it went down that way, we would have gotten what we all expected. One of the best fights ever. If Carlos came out in his typical aggressive fashion, it would have been epic. He fought the smart fight and won.

People keep bashing Diaz because of his style, saying he is slow, bad footwork, needs to cut off the octagon, etc. These are very fair criticisms, but his style is also why his fans love him. He isn't looking to win a match, he is looking for a fight. He wants to bang, toe to toe. That's what is great about him. Good for Condit, I really like him as a fighter too, he's exciting as hell, but he fought the safe and boring (for fans) fight.

And to answer the question, no, I think Diaz wins a brawl. Condit is certainly more then capable of a KO in that scenario, but I believe Diaz would get the better of exchanges and wear him down with volume punching and toughness.

Why cant more replys just be like this? I.e Actually answering the question I asked?

Back