What if Condit didnt 'run' against Diaz?

If he didnt run against Diaz then he would be much more respected right now

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Condit just gave GSP his hardest fight since the Serra loss. Diaz is sitting on Twitter making wisecracks. I think I know who's more respectable.

Would of been the best fight ever, Diaz could easily of got dropped, but would of wore Condit down and TKO'd him in the 4th.

Man I wish that happened...

Thank you. The kind of answer I was hoping for. A winner, How, and a round. Thank you

I don't get all the bitching about this fight. Yeah, it wasn't an insane slugfest like I thought it would have been. I still absolutely loved this fight. It was very technical and Condit did exactly what he had to do to beat Nick. You don't get into a brawl with Nick. You just don't do it. He drags you into the deep waters and really tests your grit. Instead, Carlos stayed on the outside and picked his shots. If Nick didn't want this to continue, he should have stopped doing what he was doing. He should have tried to tie up and get a takedown, and then use his BJJ far earlier in the fight. He showed success in the 5th with this, and it could have potentially changed the whole dynamic of the bout. Nick is always lauding Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu, but then doesn't use it when he really needed to. I thought Condit won, but it was quite close. I'll have to rewatch the fight to get a better opinion on it, but from what I remember I was continuously thinking, "Man, Condit is winning. Nick needs to do something different." Perhaps we can get a rematch down the line.

This isn't a who won or bashing the way Condit got the decision thread, Im just wondering who you think would of won if Condit came out uber-aggressive like he usually does? After all, the reason people were so excited about this fight is because Condit's the only ww (probably) who can match Nick Diaz for aggressiveness/cardio etc

Thoughts?

Condit isn't uber-aggressive judging by his last two fights. I thought he was timid and tentative from the outside against GSP as well.

But to answer your question, Diaz would probably have outpointed him. Fighting at close(r) quarters than they did, I believe Nick's punches would have been reaching and landing, and I think he's tougher and a better boxer than Carlos. CC would be getting hurt in those final two rounds for sure.

No, he didn't run from them or Diaz. The reason it didn't look like "running" is because Dan Hardy knows how to throw and check kicks and DHK has takedowns. Diaz had no defense for kicks, no takedowns, and tried to stand flat footed and box a kickboxer.

He was the one always moving backwards against Rory while out striking him. He used a lot of the same low kicks against Rory he used on Diaz
He used them against Hardy as well. It was funny reading threads after this fight about how Condit changed up his style completely. People were acting like he used to be Melvin Manhoef. That's why I question if anyone ever seen him fight before. Dude is not this massive power striker so many made him out to be. He typically breaks fighters by wearing them down which is difficult to do against Nick Diaz.

condithardykicks.gif

Pretty much, and Sherdog would be a much nicer place to be at.

Since when? If little bitches didn't have that to complain about, they'd have found something else. Sherdog will NEVER be a nice place to be, because of the utter lack of respect every one of you assholes exhibits. This board, along with most other boards, are full of a bunch of big mouthed jerkwads with no respect for anything at all, least of all themselves. Sure, occasionally you find a couple people that are somewhat reasonable and not complete asshats, but they are few and far between, and it won't get any better as the next generation of disciplineless, skill-less, thoughtless, no conscience little dicks get older and join the internet.

Especially Diaz fans. Had they not been bitching about Condit "running", they'd have been disparaging Condit and all his fans because "Diaz fucked you homie up" or whatever dumb shit their brain cell can come up with. The complete lack of anything even resembling decorum on this board is really disheartening.

No, he didn't run from them or Diaz. The reason it didn't look like "running" is because Dan Hardy knows how to throw and check kicks and DHK has takedowns. Diaz had no defense for kicks, no takedowns, and tried to stand flat footed and box a kickboxer.

He was mostly moving backwards against Rory while out striking him. He used a lot of the same kicks against Rory he used on Diaz

You know what? I thought you were trying to be a di*k but your post makes complete sense. Good answer. When you break it down like that makes sense.

Condit isn't uber-aggressive judging by his last two fights. I thought he was timid and tentative from the outside against GSP as well.

But to answer your question, Diaz would probably have outpointed him. Fighting at close(r) quarters than they did, I believe Nick's punches would have been reaching and landing, and I think he's tougher and a better boxer than Carlos. CC would be getting hurt in those final two rounds for sure.

Agree. What I was leaning towards.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Condit just gave GSP his hardest fight since the Serra loss. Diaz is sitting on Twitter making wisecracks. I think I know who's more respectable.

For Diaz fanboys, it is more about who talks the best trash than who puts on the best performance. Less time throwing middle fingers, more time training technique would benefit both brothers.

He used them against Hardy as well. It was funny reading threads after this fight about how Condit changed up his style completely. People were acting like he used to be Melvin Manhoef. That's why I question if anyone ever seen him fight before. Dude is not this massive power striker so many made him out to be. He typically breaks fighters by wearing them down which is difficult to do against Nick Diaz.

condithardykicks.gif

Ive seen loads of Condits fights, and to say that he was his normal self is just stupid. But, as you and someone else explained, Hardy/DHK checks kicks and dont move in straight lines. Hence the reason Condit was on backfoot more than normal. Good point.

condithardykicks.gif

This gif is good for illustrating that point. All those kicks were in less than one round against someone who was actually throwing kicks back and defending.

You know what? I thought you were trying to be a di*k but your post makes complete sense. Good answer. When you break it down like that makes sense.

Not trying to be a dick or appear as a Diaz hater. I'm actually a big Diaz fan, he just got his game exploited in that fight. I don't think a lot of fighters at WW can do that to him though. Unfortunately for him GSP is one of them.

he wouldn't have lost half his fanbase then.

Haha, I love when the first post sums it up so well.

The fight just left such a bad taste in people's mouths. At least he got the win, it's more than you can say for Guida when he fought Maynard.

He probably would have lost.

This gif is good for illustrating that point. All those kicks were in less than one round against someone who was actually throwing kicks back and defending.

Not trying to be a dick or appear as a Diaz hater. I'm actually a big Diaz fan, he just got his game exploited in that fight. I don't think a lot of fighters at WW can do that to him though. Unfortunately for him GSP is one of them.

You can be a Diaz hater - cant stand him :) I just thought you were avoiding the question to make a smart ass comment. You weren't. My bad.
The gif shows it perfectly and I should of seen that before , I was actually there and love the Muay Thai technique on show. Even though my boy hardy got KO''d lol

What if Diaz went for a takedown in round 1 instead of round 5? What if Diaz cut off the cage a little bit? What if he didn't get picked apart while just walking around talking shit for 5 rounds?

Inquiring minds want to know...

^^^ this.

If Condit didn't "run" against Diaz, and won, I think that he would have had a more aggressive gameplan against GSP and that fight would have been different. I hope he goes back to the old style and goes for the finish a bit more.

What if Diaz went for a takedown in round 1 instead of round 5? What if Diaz cut off the cage a little bit? What if he didn't get picked apart while just walking around talking shit for 5 rounds?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Ding, Ding, Ding

Haha, I love when the first post sums it up so well.

The fight just left such a bad taste in people's mouths. At least he got the win, it's more than you can say for Guida when he fought Maynard.
Whenever Diaz or Penn lose, expect butthurt.

We%20Are%20All%20Mad.jpg

Heaven forbid Carlos exploit the holes in Diaz' game.

Back