What if Condit didnt 'run' against Diaz?

acmuaythai

(Not a very good) Pro Fighter
@Yellow
Reaction score
This isn't a who won or bashing the way Condit got the decision thread, Im just wondering who you think would of won if Condit came out uber-aggressive like he usually does? After all, the reason people were so excited about this fight is because Condit's the only ww (probably) who can match Nick Diaz for aggressiveness/cardio etc

Thoughts?

he wouldn't have lost half his fanbase then.

Condit already admited post presser, "Diaz would be up here, not me" if he went toe to toe.

Condit already admited post presser, "Diaz would be up here, not me" if he went toe to toe.

Didn't see that. I think Condits right.......but it would of been a hell of a fight while it lasted.

Ah, I see we've entered the alternate reality of "what-ifs" the Nick Diaz fans depend upon greatly.

What if Diaz went for a takedown in round 1 instead of round 5? What if Diaz cut off the cage a little bit? What if he didn't get picked apart while just walking around talking shit for 5 rounds?

Inquiring minds want to know...

What if Diaz actually moved his feet and landed cleanly on Carlos?

What if Diaz went for a takedown in round 1 instead of round 5? What if Diaz cut off the cage a little bit? What if he didn't get picked apart while just walking around talking shit for 5 rounds?

Diaz did go for a couple of takedowns early and got shaken off like it was nothing.

Ah, I see we've entered the alternate reality of "what-ifs" the Nick Diaz fans depend upon greatly.

Not a Diaz fan at all. Not even a Condit fan really. Just remember why i was so stoked for the fight in the first place.

well now you can find out cause hes still fighting gsp. and will likely loose worse than condit

He didn't want to trade in the pocket with Nick because Nick's combination punching is superior. He wanted to keep a little distance to land kicks and punches. You don't want to get swarmed by Nick and fall into his game.

Not a Diaz fan at all. Not even a Condit fan really. Just remember why i was so stoked for the fight in the first place.

That was a great fight!

But yeah, it would have been greater if Diaz had just tried to do something a little different, since what he was doing wasn't working...

Not getting that specific, just wondering if people thought Condit could match Diaz for aggressiveness and cardio. Would we have seen a 3-4 round Diaz vs Daley?

Back