What does your week training schedule look like?

mon - bjj/roll
tues - roll/video
wed - bjj/roll
thurs - bjj/roll
fri - roll/video
sat - bjj/roll
sun - video/rest

Sunday: Open mat No-gi, Long Run
Monday: BJJ
Tuesday: AM: Lifting(Bill Starr 5x5) PM: BJJ
Wednesday: BJJ
Thursday: AM: Lifting(Bill Starr 5x5) PM:No Gi
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Lifting(Bill Starr 5x5)

Assuming nothing goes wrong:
Su: BJJ
Mo: BJJ
Tu: Lifting and Cardio
We: BJJ
Th: Lifting and Cardio
Fr: Off
Sa: Lifting and Cardi

3/3 split with a day of rest.

When summer comes it'll be doubles with morning being lift/cardio and evenings being BJJ with friday night off and saturday off, giving me:
Su: BJJ
Mo: Strength and Cardio AM --------- BJJ PM
Tu: Strength and Cardio AM --------- BJJ PM
We: Strength and Cardio AM --------- BJJ PM
Th: Strength and Cardio AM --------- BJJ PM
Fr: Strength and Cardio AM
Sa: Rest

Reason is that it's just easier to do a 5am workout when the sun is out.

Don't forget Outsourced and the best show on tv...ARCHER! Haha. I usually leave training a few minutes early on Thursdays to get to my buddy's house by 10 for good tv and a few beers.

Outsourced is terrible. But I forgot Community which is hilariously nerdy, the episode about Dungeons and Dragons was a scream! I'm still undecided on Perfect Couples, there are a few laughs but it's more of a chick show, the guys on it seem incredibly whipped and their wives aren't that hot.

But yeah if I'm not training on Thursday night I watch Community, Perfect Couples, The Office, Parks & Recreation, and 30 Rock, and then I turn the TV off when Outsourced comes on, lol.

I'm pissed there are no new episodes this week or next! :(

Mon: 30 min Judo, 2 hours BJJ
Tues: 30 min weight lifting, 2 hours BJJ, or sometimes rest day if I'm training Thurs.
Wed: 1 hour wrestling, 2 hours BJJ
Thurs: sometimes do 30 min weight lifting and 2 hours no-gi grappling, sometimes just rest and watch TV because Thurs. is the best TV night (30 Rock, Office, Parks&Rec)
Fri: 30 min weight lifting, 1 hour wrestling, 30 min no-gi grappling
Sat: 2 hours BJJ followed by heavy drinking
Sun: 1 hour weight lifting, 2 hours BJJ

I work 40 hours a week and am single and childless. I think my schedule will change a bit if/when I get a girlfriend, lol.

i have never had rage sitting at my desk at work like i do right now.

take advantage of that sir. that's a good bit of mat time.

That being said, my schedule is never the same week to week:

BJJ - 2-3x / week
S/C - 3x / week

These will be on different days depending on what I can get in.

Also, this is one of the best threads we've had in a long time. I hope people keep posting and it doesn't turn into a debate about the best training programs and stuff.

most on here need either a job, girlfriend, or life enjoy life; still train just enjoy it while your young

you make time for what's really important to you. right now my job and training is the most important thing in my life. girlfriends come and go, and the right one will understand what's important to you and respect that.

Also, this is one of the best threads we've had in a long time. I hope people keep posting and it doesn't turn into a debate about the best training programs and stuff.

I had a talk with my new coach when I moved up to the school.

I wanted to get an idea of what he thought the best training approach was for me.

He said, quite simply, that the best training program is the one that you'll stick with. It has to take into consideration your age, life responsibilities, etc.

While training every single day, twice a day is a great way to learn a lot, it's not the best method for everyone. For me, my body would break down, my finances would take a major hit (since I work every day) and my family life would suffer.

Inside of six months, I'd have to quit. Instead, I chose slower and, therefore, steadier.

So, the best training for me is one that is sensitive to all those things....and it changes as my life changes. In that way, I can always keep it a part of my life.

Monday - Gi BJJ (1 Hour), Muay Thai Sparring (1.5 hours)
Tuesday - Weightlifting (1 hour), Pad Work (1.5 Hours
Wednesday - Gi BJJ (1 hour), Muay Thai Sparring
Thursday - No Gi BJJ, Pad Work (1.5 Hours)
Friday - Weightlifting (1.5 hours)
Saturday - BJJ (1 hour), Muay Thai (1.5 hours)
Sunday - Weightlifting (1.5 hours)

Unfortunately a recent pulled pec along with a broken toe has not allowed me to be consistent on this schedule (injuries suck :mad: ). And every other Thursday I do absolutely nothing to prevent burnout and enjoy myself a bit.

Monday

After wake up - 2 mile hard running
Noon - 2h of technical relax bjj
Evening - 2h being

Pre baby:
M bjj
T bjj
W bjj
Th bjj
Fri bjj
Sat bjj
Sun rest

Post baby:

M baby
T baby
W baby
Th baby
F bjj????
Sat baby
Sun call of duty black ops (if time permits)
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm in grad school right now, so it looks different during the semester...

During Classes:
M - stand up, 2 hours
Tu - cardio, 2-3 mile run
W - stand up, 2 hours
Th - off
F - bjj, 2 hours
Sa - mt/bjj/cardio/conditioning, 3 hours
Su - off

No Classes:
M - stand up, 2 hours
Tu - bjj, 2 hours
W - stand up, 2 hours
Th - bjj, 2 hours
F - off
Sa - mt/bjj/cardio/conditioning, 3 hours
Su - off

This schedule doesn't include all the sex I have with my wife post workout... primarily because that never happens.

monday - rest
tueday - MMA
wednesday - rest
thursday - MMA
Friday - sometimes abit of boxing on a focus pad taped to a wall
saturaday/sunday - weights/jogging if i can be bothered

Monday 1 hr wrestling
Tues 1 hr Thai
Thrus 1.5 hr grappling
MMA 2 hrs on Sat or Sunday

Current Schedule until school is over.
Monday: BJJ/Judo 6:30PM-8/8:30PM ish.
Tuesday: BJJ 6AM-7AM BJJ 6:30PM-8:30PM
Wednesday: MMA 6:30-7:30PM(or day off if I don't feel like working on striking)
Thursday: BJJ 6AM-7AM BJJ 6:30PM-8:30PM
Friday: BJJ/Judo 6:30PM-8/8:30PM ish
Saturday: BJJ 11:30AM-1:30PM ish
Sunday: Rest(sadly no classes available :icon_cry2)

I'll be adding BJJ at 10-11 or 11-12 everyday monday through friday after may.

MOnday - BJJ (GI)
Tuesday - Some bag and pad work, bit of technical and light sparring
Wednesday - BJJ (GI)
Thurs - Intense cardio (1.5 hours) then light sparring for 30mis
Fri - 2 hour sparring
Saturday: 2 hour open mat (Gi/No-gi)
Sunday : Rest

Wow most of you guys train alot more than me! I guess there are alot of college kids on this forum.

I have a wife and a kid, going to be 35 in a few months and I train bjj twice a week on most weeks, and lift weights twice a week on most weeks. If I go to bjj 3 times out of the week than that is a good week for me! I spend probably 2-3 hours a week watching instructionals on my portable tv at work when there is down time!

The funny thing is from the perspective of most bjj players on this forum they will say that twice a week is nothing and you can't get better only going twice a week. I disagree I find that I am constantly improving even at 2 days a week!

The only problem is that when it comes time for competition despite improving you will be at a disadvantage, I feel most guys at these comps train an average of 5 days a week. I promised myself when I compete again I will at least go on a 3-4 month run of going 4 times a week. That has not happened yet and that is why I have not competed lately!

4-6 hours a day if you include all arts. Goal is to improve it to 6-8 and if I find some training partner who has the same desires as me up it to 10-12. Note that 90% of that is flow-rolling, positional sparring and technique improvement.

Back