What do you REALLY think of Colton Smith?

adambomb

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I didn't watch TUF but I did watch the Finale earlier tonight. He looks like a dominating wrestler. A bit boring to some but I enjoy dominating ground performances. Its not his fault his ground game is so much better and its not his fault for fighting to his strengths.

Good win.

Just based on the post fight, though, I think as I person I'll probably avoid every single thing about him that doesn't happen in the Octagon. His salute was lame, the sponsor diss was lame and I didn't like the way he talks. None of its a big deal obviously but he rubs me the wrong way.

Look forward to his next fight though.

He was busy the whole fight, really dominant. I don't mind watching him at all. I don't think the sponsor snub was intentional, he was just caught up in the moment. I'm an Army veteran so the shout out to the troops and salute didn't bother me at all. He's awkward when speaking in front of the camera but so are a lot of fighters I enjoy watching like Mark Hunt and Robbie Lawler. If he continues to develop and builds upon his very good wrestling base he could have a bright future.

Neutral at this point. Didn't like the cheap shot in the first fight. Liked his apology and attitude in this fight. Lets see what he does next fight.

He was busy the whole fight, really dominant. I don't mind watching him at all. I don't think the sponsor snub was intentional, he was just caught up in the moment. I'm an Army veteran so the shout out to the troops and salute didn't bother me at all. He's awkward when speaking in front of the camera but so are a lot of fighters I enjoy watching like Mark Hunt and Robbie Lawler. If he continues to develop and builds upon his very good wrestling base he could have a bright future.

I think that is why it turns me off. As an Army veteran I get annoyed when people are proud to serve in such a clusterfuck of an organization with ultra relaxed standards. Though as a Ranger he gets to work around the cream of the crop so I can see where his pride comes from.

He looks and acts like an American redneck and that is incredibly unattractive.

wasnt entertained by his fight at all but he was very effective in implementing his gameplan...

dude just has a negative vibe . noone really seems to like him hes got that pig/bro look and that is not a look im too fond of.

His head is HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

Not a fan, first impressions. He faked the glove touch in his first fight.

I'm not a fan of the whole military angle.

His personality I find irritating.

His fighting style, although dominating, is boring.

I think that is why it turns me off. As an Army veteran I get annoyed when people are proud to serve in such a clusterfuck of an organization with ultra relaxed standards. Though as a Ranger he gets to work around the cream of the crop so I can see where his pride comes from.

I've been out of active duty for over 20 years and was in the Infantry. I guess times change because there was a lot of pride in ourselves and our units back then. Highly competitive in the combat arms at least.

The fight was pretty predictable, and I wish he would have went for something other than those chokes. Him being labeled as Fitch already is a bit premature.

His style reminds me of Volkmann a little bit. I could see him getting some "low level" wins. Probably not any "impressive" enough to warrant a step up in comp

The UFC is so inconsistent with how they treat winners. Some guys get a bunch of mid level fights early on while other guys are thrown into the fire. Look at Brookins the guy has fought Poirier, Erik Kock, Charles Oliveira in 3 of his first 4 fights. Two of those guys are top 5 and Oliveira probably top 10.

If they throw Colton in with comp like that he will get eaten up but I think they will serve him a bunch of favorable matchups because his background makes him marketable and a good rep for the company's image.

I think as a 25 year old with such a strong wrestling base it is possible for him to go far. As an American I cannot hate someone who is dedicated to serving our great country.

I laugh at any athlete that thanks god for what they do! You might as well thank Santa Claus too!

This was the only fight of his I have ever watched but he it appears has good positional grappling but his ability to finish is limited he went for the same choke the entire fight with little success should have utilized GNP more to open up the sub or switch to something else when he's completely aware you're attacking for the Rnc and he knows how to defend.. I don't like his personality much either

Nothing he does is designed to finish the fight. He's good at that control game, but if that's the future of the UFC, no one is going to watch it.

Another heel like Rmac. He's holy and military certified. :icon_chee

Back