What do you REALLY think of Colton Smith?

I've been out of active duty for over 20 years and was the Infantry. I guess times change because there was a lot of pride in ourselves and our units back then. Highly competitive in the combat arms at least.

Its nice to meet a fellow 11-series.

The pride is still there but to be honest, the Army isn't what it used to be. There are fat soldiers in Infantry now. That should tell you volumes about where the Army is.

The UFC is so inconsistent with how they treat winners. Some guys get a bunch of mid level fights early on while other guys are thrown into the fire. Look at Brookins the guy has fought Poirier, Erik Kock, Charles Oliveira in 3 of his first 4 fights. Two of those guys are top 5 and Oliveira probably top 10.

If they throw Colton in with comp like that he will get eaten up but I think they will serve him a bunch of favorable matchups because his background makes him marketable and a good rep for the company's image.

The top of the WW division is much stronger than the top of FW. Plus Dana has a hard on for Brookings thinking he is better than he actually is.

Didnt care for his performance. Seems like a standard guy who can wrestle a bit against a guy who can't that you get atleast once on every MMA card on every level. UFC does not even try to put top prospects on TUF anymore. I think they tried with the Brazil show but they know it's not about that for the U.S.

Army propaganda. He'll get his head knocked off once he faces a serious WW.

His army talk annoys me, dirty fighter, winner of the worst tuf season ever.

I don't really like him, and I think he'll get murdered when he faces a wrestler who can punch--and there are plenty of those at WW (Fitch, Hendricks, Pierce, Koscheck, Ellenberger, etc....)

His army talk annoys me, dirty fighter, winner of the worst tuf season ever.

The thing that annoys me about the military talk is how they try and make it sound as if somehow the training he received gives him some kind of edge.

It doesn't

I spent from 2004-2012 as an Infatryman in the Army and nothing I did gave me an edge as a potential fighter, lol. The only thing they do is this thing called combatives which is essentially watered down Gracie jujitsu designed so just about anyone can do the basics like a kimura, arm trap roll and other ultra bare bones tactics.

The only COOL thing the Rangers do over that is this shit called Lines training or something close to that, which is basically just creating distance to draw your pistol. What an amazing tactic for the octagon, lol.

From what I've seen he has very solid wrestling but no power to finish and his bjj seems average.

I'm bummed that Ricci could not pull it out but oh well. To be honest I don't think many of the TUF 16 guys were UFC caliber compared to previous seasons.

Not a terribly exciting fighter, can't see him doing a whole lot in the WW division.

And as far as his personality, ... I'm not really surprised. He's American, he's Military, he's Religious... pretty par for the course, no?

So far as I can recall, he is the only guy to win TUF without stopping a single fight - not to get into the house, any of the tournament fights or the finale.

Literally, four straight decisions from the elimination round through the finale.

It's got the makings of a fighter that will be painfully hard to watch.

Not a fan.

I was in the marines, and you learn to despise Captain America types because they're almost all snitches and kiss-asses.

I respect his work ethic because he's been successful at implementing his game plan thus far, despite that game plan being less than viewer-friendly, but I was definitely wanting Ricci to win.

Not a fan.

I was in the marines, and you learn to despise Captain America types because they're almost all snitches and kiss-asses.

I respect his work ethic because he's been successful at implementing his game plan thus far, despite that game plan being less than viewer-friendly, but I was definitely wanting Ricci to win.

Hes a 24-year old Staff Sergeant. You have to really kiss some ass to get pushed that quick even for a combat arms MOS.

Back