What did your grandparents do?

Tell more about gangster

Numbers , extortion , drug running and protection. gangster shit . He committed suicide when I was young because he was facing down a serious list of charges

His daddy great grand gutter was also a gangster and was involved in running booze and assorted activities like that. My dad was also a 2 bit gangster involved in all kinds of low rent criminal pursuits as well. 3 generations of criminal in my fam. Im not involved in any of that shit and broke the cycle

Numbers , extortion , drug running and protection. gangster shit . He committed suicide when I was young because he was facing down a serious list of charges

His daddy great grand gutter was also a gangster and was involved in running booze and assorted activities like that. My dad was also a 2 bit gangster involved in all kinds of low rent criminal pursuits as well. 3 generations of criminal in my fam. Im not involved in any of that shit and broke the cycle
Back then it was the thing . Do what to survive

No wonder you don't like Ann Arbor. There were only something like 3 murders in the 7 yrs I traveled there for work :eek:

served in the Coast Guard, worked in maritime communications until his 2005. Died a year after retirement

Back then it was the thing . Do what to survive

Yea if my fam was a house in game of thrones something like that would be our house words im sure. I thought everyones dad came home at all hours with presents and large friends til i got to middle school and realized my family was white trash as fuck

Yea if my fam was a house in game of thrones something like that would be our house words im sure. I thought everyones dad came home at all hours with presents and large friends til i got to middle school and realized my family was white trash as fuck
For tea my grandad used give mum and aunty an egg each boiled and apple for supper
We are so spoiled now
Late 60 early 70 before he was governor

My grandmas were both housewives, my mums mum was a matron in WW2. My dads dad worked in a tannery and my mums dad was a wharfie. Both harder men than this beta white collar.

Only good thing out of it is you won't do same if you have children. I hope

Mother side: Grandfather - Farmer and one year he became the biggest private producer of corn in whole country which was a pretty crazy achievement since so many people grew corn and he did it pretty much just with his family. He was a hard working man. Also fought in WW2 and kept on fighting against local fascists one year after the war. Great guy and he loved me very much. Died from cancer. Grandmother -Farmer as well, sadly had a brain tumor later in her life.

Father side: Grandfather - Driver for a CEO of some company. He changed wives all the time and was totally crazy. Didn't speak with him at all. Grandmother - Cook. She was an ok lady but had her own family after divorcing my crazy grandfather so she had other grandchildren that she loved more than me. Didn't care much about me so we saw each other only on holidays.

Glad to see sherdoggers had some nice grandparents. Wish my family was better. I wonder what will our grandchilden say about us. "Yeah, my grandfather was a badass....on sherdog" LOL. My future wife is Japanese so I guess they will have some fun stories about that.

Mother side: Grandfather - Farmer and one year he became the biggest private producer of corn in whole country which was a pretty crazy achievement since so many people grew corn and he did it pretty much just with his family. He was a hard working man. Also fought in WW2 and kept on fighting against local fascists one year after the war. Great guy and he loved me very much. Died from cancer. Grandmother -Farmer as well, sadly had a brain tumor later in her life.

Father side: Grandfather - Driver for a CEO of some company. He changed wives all the time and was totally crazy. Didn't speak with him at all. Grandmother - Cook. She was an ok lady but had her own family after divorcing my crazy grandfather so she had other grandchildren that she loved more than me. Didn't care much about me so we saw each other only on holidays.

Glad to see sherdoggers had some nice grandparents. Wish my family was better. I wonder what will our grandchilden say about us. "Yeah, my grandfather was a badass....on sherdog" LOL
I don't think we or future could compare to ww2 grandparents.
They were different level
They lived a totally different life . I haven't been through anything like they did and I'm late 20 now And it won't get exciting

My dad's daddy was an electrician in Danville, KY.

My mom's daddy sold tractors for Massey Ferguson in Danville, KY. But for many years before that, he was a coal miner.

So, my mama was...

Glad to see sherdoggers had some nice grandparents. Wish my family was better. I wonder what will our grandchilden say about us. "Yeah, my grandfather was a badass....on sherdog" LOL. My future wife is Japanese so I guess they will have some fun stories about that.
Your grandfather sounds a decent guy guessing American ?
That I respect and pass down father to son business

Your grandfather sounds a decent guy guessing American ?
That I respect and pass down father to son business
Nah, we are all Serbian. He was fighting Italian and Croatian nazis refusing to give up after the war. Like hunting them in woods and hills. Crazy stuff. Many good guys lost lives in those small fights.

I completely agree with you, ww2 people were as tough as they come. Special people and their work ethic was just insane. Wish that I had such a strong drive for work.

Dads side:
Grandfather : Mechanic for town municipality
Grandma: stay at home mother, part time campaign worker for Republican Party.

Moms Side:
Grandfather: Irish Mob enforcer
Grandmothers: Stay at home Mom died young.

Nah, we are all Serbian. He was fighting Italian and Croatian nazis refusing to give up after the war. Like hunting them in woods and hills. Crazy stuff. Many good guys lost lives in those small fights.

I completely agree with you, ww2 people were as tough as they come. Special people and their work ethic was just insane. Wish that I had such a strong drive for work.
Oh. Yeah
Yeah they had to work to survive
Kids today sit on their ass
Different game back then

Maternal grandfather was a mechanic with the Luftwaffe until he was captured by the Soviets. After the war, he came to Canada alone and worked as a lumberjack until he had enough money saved to bring his wife and two daughters over. Eventually he got a job working as a mechanic for Mack Truck, where he worked until he retired.

Paternal grandfather worked in the mines in Italy, he was in three cave-ins and survived. During the war he served in submarines, two of them sunk, and he survived. After the war he came to Canada and worked construction. He was digging metro tunnels until a machine exploded, taking off one of his arms. He took what money he had and renovated an apartment building and collected rent for the rest of his life, maintaining the building himself.

Both grandmothers raised the family, although my German grandmother worked making lampshades to help make ends meet as soon as her daughters were old enough to take care of themselves and do chores around the house.

My Italian grandparents were both shorter than five feet. My German grandmother also. My German grandfather was six foot five.

My German grandparents on their wedding day.

2j1n11j.jpg

My Italian grandparents, my father, and my aunt.

33wuscy.jpg

Last edited:
Maternal grandfather was a mechanic with the Luftwaffe until he was captured by the Soviets. After the war, he came to Canada alone and worked as a lumberjack until he had enough money saved to bring his wife and two daughters over. Eventually he got a job working as a mechanic for Mack Truck, where he worked until he retired.

Paternal grandfather worked in the mines in Italy, he was in three cave-ins and survived. During the war he served in submarines, two of them sunk, and he survived. After the war he came to Canada and worked construction. He was digging metro tunnels until a machine exploded, taking off one of his arms. He took what money he had and renovated an apartment building and collected rent for the rest of his life, maintaining the building himself.

Both grandmothers raised the family, although my German grandmother worked making lampshades to help make ends meet as soon as her daughters were old enough to take care of themselves and do chores around the house.

My Italian grandparents were both shorter than five feet. My German grandmother also. My German grandfather was six foot five.

My German grandparents on their wedding day.
Nice pic

Back