1 grandfather worked selling and delivering feed to the local farmers

1 grandfather worked in a meat packing plant / slaughterhosue

My grandmothers were mostly stay at home wives

My grandfathers both had physical jobs.

1 grandfather worked selling and delivering feed to the local farmers

1 grandfather worked in a meat packing plant / slaughterhosue
They were different level.
I really respect the elder generation

Mom's side grandpa was a carpenter. He looked like a full on japanese gangster yakuza without the tattoos. Giant mole on his face, A cut off ring finger. Always smoking and gambling football. He use to be the house too. Grandma worked random jobs when she was younger, not really a career perse. She also raised my siblings and I for the most part as my parents worked. Grandpa died in his early 80s back in the 90s from cancer. Grandma is still alive, but getting weaker and weaker since she hurt her back. She's in her early 90s.

Dad's side I never met. They died before I was born.

Dads side grandfather ran a printing business, mums side was a stone mason, the latter actually still directs me in a few basic tasks at 98.

Mom's side: Grandfather worked in a Pabst factory after WWII, Grandma was a homemaker raising three kids. My Great Grandmother was a tough old woman. Left her first husband after he touched her with the jab and took the kids with her. Married another dude that supposedly drowned. She lived to be 101.

Dad's side: Grandfather worked in a paper mill after WWII and I think my Grandmother as well. Don't know much about them because my father never really talked about them as they both died within a year of each other when he was 20 and in university. Also the reason I never met his brother, my uncle, until I was 10 or 11 or so. A lot of bad, unspoken blood from those days that fortunately got patched up later.

My grandfather on my dad's side was in infantry in WW2 & carried a heavy machine gun. He was in outstanding shape until he died in his 80's. He was a great football & baseball player & was offered a contract with the Brooklyn Dodgers back in the day.

My grandfather on my mom's side was in the Air Force in WW2 & he was a famous author & poet in Lithuania.

One grandmother worked a bunch of different jobs & also won some beauty contests. The other worked in the Library of Congress & was pretty good at basketball. She had a picture of her team meeting with I think Mussolini's son or some other dictator a long time ago.

My Grandpa was a county Judge. And was 6'6 in his prime.
Grandma: No idea

Grandma: No idea, never met
Grandpa: War hero, no idea what else

Alpha genetics.

I guess my grand father on my mothers side would be the most "interesting" one... his piece of shit father left the family so his mother had to raise 5 kids on her own. My grandfather being the oldest son had to work from very young to help the family out.

Later in life he had a sucessful business and for what Ive heard he made a lot of money but he wasted it all on friendships, partying and trying to show off. He was already married so I give a lot of props to my grandmother for not leaving his ass out, for what Ive heard my grandmother was always very supportive of him and "let him be" even when Im sure she suffered a lot from his lifestyle.

He was a drunk for many years of his life and had a lot of demons. I always thought that he never had a great relationship with my grandmother because of his lifestyle but not too long ago on a personal conversation with my youngest aunt (his youngest daughter who is now in her 60s) I discovered that after his business went down and he calmed down he went back home, reconnected with my grandmother and had a great relationship the latest years of his life.

My youngest aunt who was the only sibling left at the house lived with them through those years and she told me my grandmother on weekdays during lunch used to urge her to find the station on their old radio so they could wait for her dad (my grandfather) and the 3 of them could have lunch listening to their favorite soap opera on the radio. This is the most beautiful memory my aunt could have shared with me and this will be the image I will take with me of my grandfather, a wild intelligent crazy man who made mistakes but finally found his way back home with his loyal wife and his youngest daughter and they could sit down, have lunch and listen to the radio. RIP Jose Aspillaga

Grandfathers on bith sides were farmers. One died of a heart attack in his 50’s, the other one died in a snowmobile accident also in his 50’s. Both my grandmothers died in their 80s.

Back