What did your grandparents do?

Idonotbelieveit

winning
@Gold
Reaction score
my mom side, I really respect my grandad he was top governer of long Lartin prison. No body escaped while my grandad was in charge .he was govener 4 . he retried at 55because of pension he took home 2000 English pounds a month as a pension . He traveled world and lived good life . But he died last year cancer. His wife my nan died at 47 from cancer .
My grandad lived a wild life for 20 years after my nan died. and the whole family fell out.
He remarried family fell out. And most of family resented him. It was only me my sister and mum who went to funeral.
What I'm saying is your grandparents love them . I regret not spending more time with them.
My dad side I lost my nan last year.
They are different breed. Miss them

Fucked each other and thus began the legend.

3 generations of service members on both sides

Father -
Grandad was a lawyer and later a judge. Grandmother was a house wife. They were both very formal and we never became close. I don't know a lot about them.

Mother -
Farmers. Immigrant mentality. Tough love but very warm. I never met my grandad but I feel like I do, the stories I heard about him.. he seemed like a great guy. My grandma was very special and I miss her a lot. She had a great sense of humor, witty and legit funny. She had a very tough life but maintained an optimistic approach to everything. She was very inspiring. Great woman!

Father -
Grandad was a lawyer and later a judge. Grandmother was a house wife. They were both very formal and we never became close. I don't know a lot about them.

Mother -
Farmers. Immigrant mentality. Tough love but very warm. I never met my grandad but I feel like I do, the stories I heard about him.. he seemed like a great guy. My grandma was very special and I miss her a lot. She had a great sense of humor, witty and legit funny. She had a very tough life but maintained an optimistic approach to everything. She was very inspiring. Great woman!
Grandparents are special
They were ww2 level different breed . I could speak to them about things but wouldn't tell parents .

Father -

Mother -
Is amazing they lived a whole different life than us . But always close.

Mom's side: Grandpa did 20 years in the US Navy, then 20 years for Grumman (later Northrup Grumman). Grandma was a HS English teacher

Dad's side: Grandpa was a biker/criminal in prison for bank robbery when I was born, Mom didn't do anything and died on the streets

never knew my grandad,grandmother i knew cause she raised me. she was a radar operator in world war 2,lived through the blitz and was exploded while on duty. even when i was a teenager she hated fire works and loud noises. died when i was 14.

Mom's side: Grandpa did 20 years in the US Navy, then 20 years for Grumman (later Northrup Grumman). Grandma was a HS English teacher

Dad's side: Grandpa was a biker/criminal in prison for bank robbery when I was born, Mom didn't do anything and died on the streets
You ever see them ?

The most notable is my gpa on my dads side.

He was very high ranked in the air force and was in charge of the levis in new orleans during katrina. He retired right after.

My moms dad worked for the irs. Women dont work in my family

Mother's side -

Came from mountainous farming area. GF was a master furniture maker. Made cabinetry for Austrian royals.

Father's side:

Both university educated. GF was a lawyer who worked in government. Played in an all-Ireland Gaelic football final. GM was a school teacher.

Yikes. I actually expected the reverse mother/dad parents based on what you wrote previously about your dad.

You ever see them ?
kinda, my maternal grandma is still alive, my maternal grandfather died a few years back but I saw them all the time prior
both my dads parents died while I was a young child, I saw them but don't remember

Father side:

Mechanic and Housewife/secretary

Mother side:

Bus/Taxi drivers and Housewife

It's a shame. Reading posts . I only had close relationships with dads side. Mums side the governer only last few years and wish had more years previous. Nan dieing at 47 I was only 8 and grandad went of rails
But dads side always close both nan and grandad

Back