What did your grandparents do?

When you got money it goes tits up moms side did. Grandad blew all his money and he had half a million easily

Dance Instructor....Grandfather...Married to Homemaker/ Seamstress.
Funeral Director....Grandfather....Married to Homemaker...

The most notable is my gpa on my dads side.

He was very high ranked in the air force and was in charge of the levis in new orleans during katrina. He retired right after.

My moms dad worked for the irs. Women dont work in my family
Old fashioned eh?

My granddad was a Royal Marine and my nan a nurse in her younger years & some civilian role helping assemble bullets I believe or other military parts during ww2.

I think you mentioned that before. That is some crazy shit.
as to your pt, I think I understand why you confused the two
My mom grew up in a very decent environment, loving family all that but turned out to be a relatively dysfunctional adult (one could say 'coddled' or 'dependent'); whereas my dad is completely 100% self sufficient despite growing up in a situation where he was literally homeless living in Griffith Park in LA for two years b/c dad was in prison and mom was strung out.

It was probably that bad situation, lack of attention, whatever that drove him to become a USMC Sgt Maj in 18 years, serious bodybuilder, ran the Olympic Torch, etc....

moms side Grand dad was a space engineer and in the navy

Dads side. Detective in Detroit and a gangster.

Maternal grandfather: Geologist and very involved in the stock market

Paternal grandfather: Housing developer

My mom grew up in a very decent environment, loving family all that but turned out to be a relatively dysfunctional adult (one could say 'coddled' or 'dependent'); whereas my dad is completely 100% self sufficient despite growing up in a situation where he was literally homeless living in Griffith Park in LA for two years b/c dad was in prison and mom was strung out.

It was probably that bad situation, lack of attention, whatever that drove him to become a USMC Sgt Maj in 18 years, serious bodybuilder, ran the Olympic Torch, etc....
Damn

My grandfather is 75 and still works as a Dr and operator at an aluminum plant. Been there since he was 19. Crazy mother fucker

They were all farmers. Never did anything awful, illegal, or hid from people in their lives. Yup. That's the story, and I'm sticking to it.

My grandpa designed some of the parts used during NASA space missions

Your dad was such a hard ass, i would have guessed he came from the military family.

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about the accomplishments of my relatives because it doesn't help me get done what i need to do, and there are few things as sad as looking to take credit for shit you didn't do. Focus on your own shit and don't worry about what your parents or their parents might, or might not, have done.

Your dad was such a hard ass, i would have guessed he came from the military family.

I don't spend a lot of time thinking about the accomplishments of my relatives because it doesn't help me get done what i need to do, and there are few things as sad as looking to take credit for shit you didn't do. Focus on your own shit and don't worry about what your parents or their parents might, or might not, have done.
Yes in a way but alot try to follow in their footsteps
My mum side most of them joined the prison service because my grandad did and became governor. None of them did became governor but most joined The Prision

Back