• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Did You Cook Today? Photo Thread

Wing stop and a beer makes me happy
I'm impressed with all this man, I did a similar thread some time ago and there was some stellar stuff posted in there as well. The kitchen is an awesome place to unwind... Beer, music, cooking up a storm for a few hours.
I'm about to start the pastry on some bad ass sausage rolls, will post them up later.
Damn good work

I'm impressed with all this man, I did a similar thread some time ago and there was some stellar stuff posted in there as well. The kitchen is an awesome place to unwind... Beer, music, cooking up a storm for a few hours.
I'm about to start the pastry on some bad ass sausage rolls, will post them up later.
Damn good work

please do post photos! A buddy of mine got me started after he cooked some amazing food on a canoe trip. I thought if he could serve up amazing good on a tiny island with stuff we packed on a kayak then I should be able to put something together for my friends and family back home

it’s great seeing what everyone is making and getting ideas and recipes

looking forward to your photos!

yeah playing music and prepping the veggies is good for ally therapeutic

Made a lot of basic potato soup. Very cheap, filling and delicious and you can pair it with just about any meat or vegetable. Freezes well too but don’t add any heavy cream until you’re ready to eat it.

9-FC535-E3-8-A91-481-C-8675-3204-ADF62947.jpg

A few weeks ago I made my first legit roux and I chickened out with the color development, I didn't get it brown enough in fear it would burn.

Tonight was the rematch. "Man vs Roux II"

I used Isaac Toups (chef and author of "Chasing the Gator: the New Cajun Cooking"

I'm really enjoying the book. It's full of stories of his upbringing and the food culture in Cajun country.

Cooking vessel: Dutch oven.

Roux: 1/2 cup four, 1/2 cup grape seed oil. Stirred until it was the color of milk chocolate, then threw in-

Trinity: Bell pepper, onion, 3 ribs celery- diced. 10 cloves of garlic minced.

Beer to deglaze

Browned chicken thighs (seasoned) in oven for 20 mins and then added it to the Dutch oven alone with 4 bay leaves

ck4h9XO.jpg

Simmered for 1.5 hours, was supposed to be 3 hours but we got hungry. Taste tested a few times and seasoned it with a Cajun spice blend.

Final product:

nyI1FX7.jpg

Last edited:
20221217-190014.jpg

This the next day left overs from what I made the night before. Forgot to take a pic when I made it that night, but the reheat was good too.

I wanted to take a few pics to post in this thread for it was a wild frenzy getting all the sides done in time. I only have a photo of the aftermath... in the photo, I'm going in for the back oysters and the turkey butt for myself.

I did a wet brine and then roasted it. Once it got temp, I took it out and let it cool down a bit then preheated the oven to 500 to blast it in order to get color on the bird. Came out perfect. Everyone loved the turkey! 2nd time I made turkey

KESaxDp.jpg

The last thing I cooked was for NYE and I made BBQ bacon wrapped jumbo
Shrimp. I had left over bacon and I tried the cooking bacon in a skillet with a little water and it came out so crispy! I put bbq sauce over the bacon too and they became bbq bacon chips

Prep work:
pqSdnWw.jpg

Final product:
pVDNpEh.jpg

The last thing I cooked was for NYE and I made BBQ bacon wrapped jumbo
Shrimp. I had left over bacon and I tried the cooking bacon in a skillet with a little water and it came out so crispy! I put bbq sauce over the bacon too and they became bbq bacon chips

Prep work:
pqSdnWw.jpg

Final product:
pVDNpEh.jpg

adding a bit of water and doing multiple flips is the key to evenly crispy bacon!

Back