• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Did You Cook Today? Photo Thread

Pan fry artichokes, add cooked bacon at the end and glaze w honey(let it cook down on med hi heat)
That's a legit restaurant quality meal Sherbro, good for you.

Any tips for cooking artichokes, those look good.

During the pandemic, I started buying whole beef and pork and smoking it. I've gotten pretty good at it
You smoke beef and pork?
Cmon man
I know Snoop advice is not to smoke the seed but i guess smoking animals is also not the best option to get high
chill-meme.gif

smoking meats is a whole new level, I’ve never tried

its awesome, though it sucks when it does not turn out

I'm doing cheese and shrimp on the smoker on sunday while the wife does the prime rib in the oven.

I have a whole bar set up outside. Margarita's for everyone in the backyard!

I never thought I’d be cooking holiday meals like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter but here I am doing it. It’s really nerve wrecking for me, but do I love helping out on these special occasions- however I can. If I make it easier on the host, I’m thinking- they’re more likely to host in the future.

For Easter Sunday, I had church so I cooked the pot roast the night prior to make things easier. I started with a nice well marbled Chuck roast. I really wanted to use brisket but they ones at the market were too small. Next time!

This pot roast is a little different from the traditional ones. I’m using fish sauce and soy sauce for extra umami. I really browned and seared the beef and then browned the mushroom. Color is flavor. Developing depth.

Garlic, onions, rosemary, thyme, red wine, soy sauce, fish sauce, bay leaves, mushrooms, Carrots, potatoes, butter, beef stock and the Chuck roast

keeping things well organized and prepped, helps my anxiety. I try to make it a foolproof as possible because I always mess something up.

Elc0sbd.jpg

Searing, browning and developing flavor

az2aKgU.jpg

Mushrooms releasing liquid and on its way to getting browned

jRP5JNl.jpg

Onions, garlic, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves all in the pot!

oB2DD26.jpg

quUABty.jpg

BGq8JNe.jpg

a did a 3lb turkey breast in the smoker yesterday and fucke dit up big time. It was no where near to temp when it should have been done ad by the time i finished it, it looked disgusting. not sure what went wrong
What type of smoker and what setup? It’s pretty hard to mess a bird.

What type of smoker and what setup? It’s pretty hard to mess a bird.

a pitboss pellet smoker.

i did a flattened chicken and shrimp since and both turned out well. something just did nto work wiht the turkey

a pitboss pellet smoker.

i did a flattened chicken and shrimp since and both turned out well. something just did nto work wiht the turkey
Yeah I was gonna propose spatchcock instead of regular bird wich tend to under cook in the meaty areas. Kinda weird since a pellet smoker is foolproof. How did the shrimp come out?
I use a kettle wich can be trickier.

I've got a delivery from a local Italian place inbound, now I feel vaguely guilty for being lazy AF haha.

a pitboss pellet smoker.

You might have needed to cook it at a higher temp then you so you would expect in a pellet grill what’d you cook it at

I’m a big fan of curries, all of them: Indian, Thai, Japanese, etc…. Each region had a different twist on it based on flavor preferences, cooking techniques, and local ingredients.

To my Indian curry is jam packed with exotic spices, very yummy. Thai curries tend to be creamier and spicy and sour at times. Japanese curry is very rich and thick. The base of it is a roux. Some optional add ons are: a grated apple, honey, ketchup, Worcestershire, butter and even chocolate. You barely taste any of that because the roux is so rich and savory.

I used boneless short rib, mushrooms, Yukon potatoes, carrots, 2 onions, and beef broth. The the flavoring- I used a Japanese roux block (most common way in Japan for naming Japanese curry) but it didn’t have enough flavor for me so I added Japanese curry powder. Grated half an apple and snacked on the other half. It lacked a little acidity so I added a little vinegar. Very savory and Rich- the sauce or gravy really fills up your mouth and coats all of the taste buds.

fu1NMSl.jpg

This evening, travel with me to south east Asia to the Kingdom of Thailand, formerly Siam. I made two Thai dishes: Creamy Tom Yum Goong and Thai Holy Basil Stir Fry or Krapow.

I used the recipes from: https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/. I’ve made 3 of the recipes from there and everything has been great. Better than the average Thai restaurant. Highly recommend it:

Tom Yum Goong:

Shallots, galanga (similar to ginger), lime leaves, Thai chili, lemongrass
HnSbvu6.jpg

Shrimp Stock
lcsFeBK.jpg

Evaporated milk and Thai chili paste added
KqNwBFL.jpg

Krapow:

aRCyMij.jpg

2w7Al0n.jpg

MalAZif.jpg

BrgEvVW.jpg

Last edited:
This evening, travel with me to south east Asia to the Kingdom of Thailand, formerly Siam. I made two Thai dishes: Creamy Tom Yum Goong and Thai Holy Basil Stir Fry or Krapow.

I used the recipes from: https://hot-thai-kitchen.com/. I’ve made 3 of the recipes from there and everything has been great. Better than the average Thai restaurant. Highly recommend it:

Tom Yum Goong:

HnSbvu6.jpg

Shrimp Stock
lcsFeBK.jpg

KqNwBFL.jpg

Krapow:

aRCyMij.jpg

2w7Al0n.jpg

MalAZif.jpg

BrgEvVW.jpg

Looks pretty bomb

Tom Yum Goong:

HnSbvu6.jpg

Shrimp Stock
lcsFeBK.jpg

KqNwBFL.jpg

Krapow:

aRCyMij.jpg

2w7Al0n.jpg

MalAZif.jpg

BrgEvVW.jpg

That looks fantastic. I can smell it!

Made some Chow Mien Filipino style, called Pancit Canton. There’s bite sized chicken thigh, shrimp, cabbage, carrots, red onion, noodles, fried garlic and scallions

MXxMmug.jpg

OJ1AHAa.jpg

I haven’t had steak for awhile and came across some really well marbled NY steaks and I couldn’t pass it up.

I used my Field Company cast iron 10” skillet. Let the steaks come to room temp. Heavily seasoned with coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper. Basted the steaks in kerrygold butter, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Pulled my steak out at 120 degrees and carry over heat took it to 127 or so.

5BTaM8M.jpg

Zniirdv.jpg

WQJYRAf.jpg

I haven’t had steak for awhile and came across some really well marbled NY steaks and I couldn’t pass it up.

I used my Field Company cast iron 10” skillet. Let the steaks come to room temp. Heavily seasoned with coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper. Basted the steaks in kerrygold butter, garlic, rosemary and thyme. Pulled my steak out at 120 degrees and carry over heat took it to 127 or so.

5BTaM8M.jpg

Zniirdv.jpg

WQJYRAf.jpg
Yeah I give that 10/10. I'd give you like 13/10 but no paper plates or rice smh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back