• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Did You Cook Today? Photo Thread

Damn some good looking stuff in here.

I wish I would have taken pictures, but I made an awesome beef stew the other day.
Beef
Fingerling potatoes
Pearl onions
Baby portobello
Baby carrots
A bottle of burgundy
Beef stock
Clove
Orange rind
Thyme

And homemade meatballs and red sauce tonight. Made the red sauce last night, making the meatballs this afternoon.

Simple red sauce:
shallot
Garlic
Carrot
Wine
San Marzano
Dried oregano
Fresh basil

Standard Meatballs except I make a paste out of basil, onion, garlic, Italian parsley and a little broth to add flavor & moisture. They look really weirdly green before cooking, but come out fantastic every time.

Kept dinner simple tonight, since it's the calm before the storm. Pan fried steaks in my cast Iron skillet. I tried a coulette cut steak today for the first time, cooked medium. Over cooked it a bit, I wanted medium rare. The other is a NY strip, cooked done (GF preference).

Used the Nordsmith Canteen Knife for the honors. The handle is a work of art and the LTWK team did an amazing job with all the contours.

0QHtszF.jpg

3AOa2Qq.jpg

a7Df2PF.jpg

Last edited:
I bbqed a steak recently, significantly inferior to the smoking hot pan.

Yesterday cooked a metric fuck load of bolonaise. 2.5 kg of mince. onions, celery, carrot, spinach, peas, corn, capsicum, canned diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beef cubes, heaps of dried herbs, beer(wine is better).

10 serves for me, 16 serves for my boys.
Used beer instead of red wine though, saw it on some cooking show. Doubt I'll do that again.

I do add a table spoon of white sugar for the boys, So 1/4 a teaspoon per serve for them. They are 4 and 6, so I consider it a win and less sugar than anything store bought.

First time cooking a Turkey. I was supposed to just cook the Turkey but Covid happened and I had to rush and put together a couple of sides. Very basic spread but hey, gotta adapt.

I used the Turkey bag method and it came out moist. I brined it for 12hrs, should’ve been 48hrs. The drippings made an amazing gravy.

First Turkey completed, it came out pretty decent, I’ll take that as a win. Rib roast for Christmas next.

XK8Mes9.jpg

N9g67tR.jpg

lV5E677.jpg

Cajun Chicken Stew

I got inspired by a forum buddy who posted up his mother in laws Creole Chicken Stew.

Chicken thigh
Celery
Bell pepper
Onion
Garlic
Chili
Chicken stock
Cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper
Green onion

Browned the chicken
6awh4rs.jpg

Browned the roux and then adds the veggies. I chickened put on browning the tux more, things heat up so fast when it's already hot and I was afraid of ruining it and having to start again with little time and hungry bellies to fill.
Ys0L3DS.jpg

Everything mingling and percolating
siF8xWo.jpg

On the plate
hlz7TbQ.jpg

Haven't cooked in nearly a month. Was cooked sausage and poached eggs then a brie BLT baguette today which were lovely.

Came back from Porto last week so was inspired to make a beef and black bean stew, threw in some chorizo and salami as well and served with rice.

Its also snowing outside so this is some good hot comfort food.

Came back from Porto last week so was inspired to make a beef and black bean stew, threw in some chorizo and salami as well and served with rice.

Its also snowing outside so this is some good hot comfort food.

Slow cooked beans and meat yummy

@th Fireball Kid I'm very impressed by your cooking skills. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you my friend, honestly most of the time it comes out mediocre to pretty good. But every once in a while, I hit it out of the park and I’m in bliss! Lol

Damn TS can cook

thank you it’s been a fun hobby but my gf says she’s gaining weight lol

I made a curry pie last week, was excellent. I'm into writing naughty words with my sauce on food too, but even my 7 year old thought this was immature. (Well I can't write "cunt" on a pie and show him, that would be bad parenting)

unnamed.jpg

I’m trying to nurse my GF back into health today. She’s on strict orders: rest, water, vitamins, and soup…

RUSTIC CHICKEN STEW

61ywR1A.jpg

Salted, floured, and then trying to brown it, put too much chicken in at once it kinda boiled. The flour did start to build a fond.

smRwxc4.jpg

Cleaned out the fridge and threw in bok choy into the mix. Carrots, potatoes, celery, onions, garlic, and Bragg’s 24 herb mix.

yrAgpN0.jpg

Simmering… percolating and mingling going on…

zicHK8a.jpg

I was going to make some southern style drop dumplings but got lazy and ate it with rice.

tasted like Campbells Chunky Chicken Soup but 10x as yummy

iOwS5dU.jpg
what kind of plates are you rockin?

Husband wasn't in the mood to cook today so ended up with WingStop Hawaii chicken sandwiches which were surprisingly pretty good.

Back