What can you do to "IMPROVE YOUR CHIN" so you don't get "knocked the hell out"?

another prime example... watch peter aerts fights from k-1. i cant remember who but they were clinched up. when they broke away aerts pushed him and followed with a kick. the guy wasnt even expecting it and he dropped. his kicks come from close in and at weird angles so people dont expect them and they drop right away. now, to prove that just because you get kicked doesnt mean an auto ko, look at Rampage and Lindland. Hunt and Cro Cop. Nog and Herring (although i dont think Nog saw this one). Randy and Gonzaga. there are many more but people get the picture im sure.

I always thought it was the back of the jaw impacting the skull at the bottom that did it. The base of the brain is responsible for "wakefulness/coordination".
But I could be wrong...
normalateralis_skull.gif

anatomy.jpg

SERIOUSLY:

Does a thick enough beard actually help or is that a big myth? Think Kimbo.
I do think a beard will help, in MMA at least. Leather will tend to slide over and across a beard rather than gripping like it would on a close shave. Once the gloves and face are sweaty I guess it evens out. But certainly alot of fighters seem to be wearing beards these days in the UFC.

Kimbo's beard is so large and thick that you could misjudge where his chin actually is by upto an inch or 2, which must help. As will the slight cushioning effect.

I do think a beard will help, in MMA at least. Leather will tend to slide over and across a beard rather than gripping like it would on a close shave. Once the gloves and face are sweaty I guess it evens out. But certainly alot of fighters seem to be wearing beards these days in the UFC.

Kimbo's beard is so large and thick that you could misjudge where his chin actually is by upto an inch or 2, which must help. As will the slight cushioning effect.

C'mon...

Back