What can you do to "IMPROVE YOUR CHIN" so you don't get "knocked the hell out"?

Wait a minute:

Does getting hit in the face HARD actually help?

I've heard that getting hit HARD in the face a lot makes you MORE susceptible to knock out.

I think sparring is best. A lot of moderate hits (WITH GLOVES) to the face over time helps, but not sudden hard hits flush on the chin. That just messes you up.

What happened to Franklin's face against Silva = more likely to get knocked out later.

Silva training in boxing with Nog = good and builds up toughness.

I think Leben increased his odds of getting knocked out by abusing his jaw with his friend.

Will all these tips help you from GOING TO SLEEP or will it help you from FALLING DOWN (not necessarily going to sleep though) ????

I was reading a book about that and Bruce Lee said that he would hook up electrodes to his next for quick twitch muscle fiber to develop that way he could turn and deflect the energy with his head.

maybe look at the makeup of mark hunt and try to work out how he does it!!!

work your neck out chew something hard that wont wear your teeth down

5) Bite hard to stabilize your jaw muscles.
6) Tuck your chin
7) Keep your hands up (Obvious enough)
8) Grow a beard (Does this really work if the beard is thick enough?)

These are all good tactics, except for the beard part. That's a complete myth!

It just depends on how much your brain is affected by shock and sudden trauma. There's no way of measuring this other than seeing how well you can take a punch. Takanori Gomi to me seems to have the best chin I've ever seen.

my daddy always told me to keep my chin tucked in...and shoulders covering up the side..another good thing is head movement..

watch couture in his last2 heavyweight fights..

sparring and learning how to take a good shot helps out too

i've been rocked alot but not knocked out i like to think its genetics though

According Rogan the size of the head is directly related to a good chin, so I would recommend HGH to increase the size of your head to Barry Bonds circa 2006.

I would purchase a double mouth guard. Brain-pad makes a good one.

Cro Cop says to work out your neck. I remember his quote from his documentry...."fuck the man without a strong neck, whats your woman going to hang on too?" lol also Evander Hollyfield
says to work out your neck too.

In the only fight I have been in I was hit in the jaw and it didn't phase me. I prayed before the altercation happened, so maybe pray?

Train your neck and jaw, though it can only help so much so i'd invest some extra time in your defensize abilities if its too bad.

im just still wonderin about brock lesnar's chin

Outside of genetics and keeping your chin tucked the best thing you can do is strengthen your neck. A strong neck will keep your head in place more so your brain doesn't slam against your skull as hard (thus knocking you out).

Outside of genetics and keeping your chin tucked the best thing you can do is strengthen your neck. A strong neck will keep your head in place more so your brain doesn't slam against your skull as hard (thus knocking you out).

True, but there are also nerves throughout your jaw and face that when punched cause you to black out. This is genetics and basically there is nothing you can do about it... except for the double mouth guard which somehow causes your jaw to be in a different position hiding some of the nerves...

Punch yourself in the face a lot

ala Bj Penn... whos never been ko'd.

they have all been said. bite hard, strengthen neck muscles, tuck chin, keep hands up and while sparring learn to take the punch. that is the most important.

train someone hitting you in the face lightly and dont blink. watch it. know where it is. gradually let him punch you harder and harder. people mostly get knocked out because they dont see it coming. Lebens chin isnt impecable but hes not afraid of getting hit, so he can take some pretty damn good shots. hes expecting them and hes not afraid of them

Hughes after Gsp kick to the face "to be honest i thought it was a punch. i didnt see it coming." thats something comon with a lot of ko's. same thing with Cotes ko of Grove. right behind the ear at a weird angle. Grove had no chance. Gsp and Serra. Gsp got wacked in the back of the head (unintentional but either way it fucks people up). your brain doesnt know where its coming from. anyways didnt see it because it was behind him and it wobbled him.

i know when i was training my partner went to put me in the clinch real hard and fast but when i turned he smoked me in the back of the head and i was flashed. wasnt even a punch but i didnt see it. so yeah i think ive got my point across.

just incase i havent ill give another example. Randy and Tim. Randy and Gonzaga. both Tim nor Gonzaga were expecting his over hand right that early, that fast and that hard. Shonie and Matt Serra spining back fist Serra never saw it. Serra and Karo. Chuck and Rampage. they may look like they see it but anybody that spars and fights knows that you dont always see whats coming.

Back