Opinion What benefit does US get selling weapons and F35s to UAE?

Of course we sell them weapons.

The issue is that they believe that signing the agree with Israel gave them the greenlight to buy F-35s.

We have an official agreement with Israel that we will not sell weapons of equal power to other countries in the region.

If we sell F-35s to Israel, we can't, by law, sell them to the UAE unless they are stripped back.

So will US sell Israel f22s then? Im not sold on the F35 being so amazing given all its issues. But I dont want wahhibists having top American tech.

As expected Trump maybe supports it so now his fans do to.

see above me, they just don't have access to the proprietary equipment needed to even build the technology.

Were not talking about commericial phones or computers. Were talking about the most advanced aircraft on the planet.

Infact I'd the russians would be the only ones capable of reverse engineering it. Doubt they could ever produce it before we moved on to the next generation aircraft.

The US military budget makes this so.

I feel like you are uninformed. I might technically have been a cog but I think having the title of first Aerospace Engineering Technician in R&D then Later Aerospace Engineer in R&D gives me a little credence.

I'd love to hear what your personal experience is in the matter.

Lol at how hard this bitch slap was.

I don't think the OP know's what he's talking about. My first hand experience with the F35 involved designing and building the power supply for the radar.

Goodluck reverse engineering a 35 layer board. Let me know how it works out in 15-20 years.

You think a 3 five is keeping secrets of a plane that the world knows about?

I mean, maybe the Chinese can reverse engineer it and make it work and then we could steal it back. That would probably save us a few billion more

I mean, maybe the Chinese can reverse engineer it and make it work and then we could steal it back. That would probably save us a few billion more
Considering they suck miserably at making jet engines, I think not.

It's ally building.

First, it's giving them something they can't make on their own. They appreciate that. Second, if they can't build or maintain those assets on their own, they become dependent on us for keeping them in working order.

The end result is that the weapons are tools that tie them to us for future need. It's soft power.

Hopefully the US sold the Saudi's the meat grinder they used to dispose of Khashoggi. That's what ally-building is all about.

NYT

"Another top White House official working on the arms deal is Maj. Gen. Miguel Correa, an Army officer who formerly served as the defense attaché in Abu Dhabi. General Correa is now a senior member of the National Security Council staff working on Middle East issues.

The circumstances around General Correa’s departure from Abu Dhabi are murky. Two American officials said he left his position after clashing with the embassy’s chargé d’affaires, Steven C. Bondy, who believed General Correa was having meetings with Emirati officials about arms sales, the war in Yemen and other sensitive topics without his knowledge or consent."

Hell how does this help Israel unless these Arab states take Palestinians who are stateless and give them citizenship?

UAE and the entire Gulf is worse than Iran in ideology. And are wahhibists.

They will reverse engineer these planes and have no loyalty to West or US or anything but Islam and money.

What does Israel have to do with anything?

trump gets richer and probably a hotel

Yes, because we just started selling weapons under Trump, and it's well known the President gets a cut of every deal.

Hopefully the US sold the Saudi's the meat grinder they used to dispose of Khashoggi. That's what ally-building is all about.

Nothing like some Left Wing Khashoggi virtue signals this early in the morning on a Sunday.

Nothing like some Left Wing Khashoggi virtue signals this early in the morning on a Sunday.

And the pro-journalist assassin contingent weighs in.

I'm sure it pains you no end that Trump wasn't able to simply pick up a phone and make "the call" regarding Jeffrey Goldberg.

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif
yup, some people definitely got an envelope out of this

And the pro-journalist assassin contingent weighs in.

I'm sure it pains you no end that Trump wasn't able to simply pick up a phone and make "the call" regarding Jeffrey Goldberg.

Doubling down on the virtue signalling. Just because you hadn't heard of Khashoggi until two years ago doesn't mean people who actually pay attention to the world haven't. You didn't care about him when he was alive, you didn't really care about his death, you don't care he was as hard core of a Jihadist as has ever walked the earth, and you don't really care about him now. You just want to virtue signal on the internet about "assassination" and "Trump".

Doubling down on the virtue signalling. Just because you hadn't heard of Khashoggi until two years ago doesn't mean people who actually pay attention to the world haven't. You didn't care about him when he was alive, you didn't really care about his death, you don't care he was as hard core of a Jihadist as has ever walked the earth, and you don't really care about him now. You just want to virtue signal on the internet about "assassination" and "Trump".

Oh, so you're one of those "he deserved it" guys. You're such a wonderful representative of the US Marine Corps.

Oh, so you're one of those "he deserved it" guys. You're such a wonderful representative of the US Marine Corps.

Thank you. Do you know who Osama Bin Laden's primary contact with the outside world was for decades? Jamal Khashoggi. Like I said, educate yourself, don't just virtue signal about things you don't actually care about.

Hell how does this help Israel unless these Arab states take Palestinians who are stateless and give them citizenship?

UAE and the entire Gulf is worse than Iran in ideology. And are wahhibists.

They will reverse engineer these planes and have no loyalty to West or US or anything but Islam and money.

fucking lol at that. You remember the weapons for hostages Iran trade in the 80s? All those planes went to shit because the iranians could not repair them.

Islamic authoritarian regimes are really good at breaking and destroying shit but not making shit....not creating.

They are trained killers so not sure what your issue is. I mean we all can't be simp bitches

Thank you. Do you know who Osama Bin Laden's primary contact with the outside world was for decades? Jamal Khashoggi. Like I said, educate yourself, don't just virtue signal about things you don't actually care about.

Extrajudicial execution is OK with a former Marine if the target was a "bad guy". Sadly, I am not shocked. Pretty much the way you animals justify the killing and maiming by cops of guys with long rap sheets - like Floyd and Blake.

This thread highlights how whatever Trump says it then becomes good to many of his followers.

Extrajudicial execution is OK with a former Marine if the target was a "bad guy". Sadly, I am not shocked. Pretty much the way you animals justify the killing and maiming by cops of guys with long rap sheets - like Floyd and Blake.

Outstanding projection of not only an unrelated topic, but of an opinion I've never put forward at all, both at the same time. Good to see how quickly you degenerate to nonsense when your virtue signalling flounders. It's also pretty standard for you.

Back