Opinion What benefit does US get selling weapons and F35s to UAE?

Is there a reason why we wouldn't sell them weapons?
Of course we sell them weapons.

The issue is that they believe that signing the agree with Israel gave them the greenlight to buy F-35s.

We have an official agreement with Israel that we will not sell weapons of equal power to other countries in the region.

If we sell F-35s to Israel, we can't, by law, sell them to the UAE unless they are stripped back.

Yeah definitely won't be an issue. They're too lazy. Also the pilots will be mercenaries.
I hate the Arab states, but I'd rather sell them weapon systems than have us fight their wars for them.
Bet if Obama was in charge we'd refuse SA weapon sales, but we'd be involved in Yemen

Well,Erik Prince calls the UAE home and yeah, tons and tons of "defense contractors" in the country.

Isn't UAE where rich Muslims go to drink alcohol and fuck prostitutes.

It's the Arab worlds Las Vegas.

The Arabs? Are you kidding? In the UAE, slaves do all the labor and expats do all the technical work. The natives sit around and do-nothing.
But, all male citizens of the UAE must be conscripted for a period of time.

This has been going on for about five years.

The amount of military propaganda that is afoot in the country would make Rumsfeld blush.

Heck, even Mattis called the UAE "mini Sparta".

The problem is that if you have been itching for a fight for the past five years, at some point you are going to find one.

InB4 Yemen

The chinese can. They can sell it to the chinese the technology. Why do you a small cog in the system think that others smarter than you in foreign nations cant? Talk about arrogance.

Oh you trust the UAE?

You win the Darwinian award
Can you extrapolate on the current UAE/China relations?

What makes you think the UAE government would sell to the Chinese?

But, all male citizens of the UAE must be conscripted for a period of time.

This has been going on for about five years.

The amount of military propaganda that is afoot in the country would make Rumsfeld blush.

Heck, even Mattis called the UAE "mini Sparta".

The problem is that if you have been itching for a fight for the past five years, at some point you are going to find one.

InB4 Yemen
But even with conscription, you have lazy entitled people. I know of Saudis that tried to get people to polish their boots for them when training with US units. There is a weird aspect where the tank commander only, knows how to operate the tank. Whole the driver and gunner are clueless.

They will reverse engineer these planes and have no loyalty to West or US or anything but Islam and money.

then the joke's on them.

lockheed martin, basically the biggest/richest/brightest miltech/defense company on the planet, can't even get these damn planes to work properly. lolz @ anyone else trying to.

scrapping the f22s was the worst decision. (and it was done because the f35s were supposed to be cheaper. they cost ~3x as much. and they suck)

UAE has mandatory conscription and takes pride in their air force.

But, we do have an AF base within the country as well.

My guess is the UAE hopes we will be partners with them in case they go to war with Iran.
This. The UAE has no hinterland and is basically exposed to Iranian attack. It's in there best interest to have an ally against Iran

This. The UAE has no hinterland and is basically exposed to Iranian attack. It's in there best interest to have an ally against Iran
They’re also not strapped for cash and know China isn’t going to defend them from Iran.

They have no motive to do that.

But even with conscription, you have lazy entitled people. I know of Saudis that tried to get people to polish their boots for them when training with US units. There is a weird aspect where the tank commander only, knows how to operate the tank. Whole the driver and gunner are clueless.
There have been issues where officers have been told to stop kowtowing to those ranked below them due to wasta.

I think having the title of first Aerospace Engineering Technician in R&D then Later Aerospace Engineer in R&D gives me a little credence.

I'd love to hear what your personal experience is in the matter.

I can vouch for Krallang. I was The Aerospace Head Engineer in charge, First of his Name, Maker of F35, Aimer of...AIM 9x missiles, Destroyers of Goats and Hovels in the Middle East.

He worked under me. A good employee, if a lil uninspiring and rote by application but he brewed the best coffee and could wear the shit out of a pair of blue Levi’s on casual Friday.

<JackieThumbsUp>

I can vouch for Krallang. I was The Aerospace Head Engineer in charge, First of his Name, Maker of F35, Aimer of...AIM 9x missiles, Destroyers of Goats and Hovels in the Middle East.

He worked under me. A good employee, if a lil uninspiring and rote by application but he brewed the best coffee and could wear the shit out of a pair of blue Levi’s on casual Friday.

<JackieThumbsUp>

Is that you Meredith? I thought you died 4 years ago, glad to see your still alive. Best Manager I ever had.

I worked for Northrop Grumman, we were subcontracted to build the radar among other components. In the defense contracting world regardless of who wins the main bid on aircraft design Northrop Grumman handles the radar.

Actually in terms of technological ingenuity I had more fun converting the f35 radar system to be compatible with the f16.

It was like, yea put that design you guys used in the f35 prototype in an f16.

It runs off of 240 volts and needs to be 30% smaller or it won't fit where the old one was. I worked 72 hours straight just to meet the first test flight.

I'm more then happy to take a picture and PM a mod with my Northrop Grumman ID, first I'd like to know your expertise and credentials.

Let me know your experience in the industry bud.

WarlikeAffectionateAntarcticfurseal-size_restricted.gif

I'm more then happy to take a picture and PM a mod with my Northrop Grumman ID, first I'd like to know your expertise and credentials.

Let me know your experience in the industry bud.

Well, that was yesterday.

Today I’m a philanthropist billionaire space cowboy.
I’d be happy to PM a mod with a picture of me riding a space rocket, full of my cash, in my spurs, six shooters and 10 gallon hat.

Northrop Grumman ? Lol....I'll let you know when I’m hiring a replacement for my peon.

<{smellit?}>

Don’t you loves the interwebz where tall unverifiable claims and misplaced vanities come to blossom ?

Well, that was yesterday.

Today I’m a philanthropist billionaire space cowboy.
I’d be happy to PM a mod with a picture of me riding a space rocket, full of my cash, in my spurs, six shooters and 10 gallon hat.

Northrop Grumman ? Lol....I'll let you know when I’m hiring a replacement for my peon.

<{smellit?}>

Don’t you loves the interwebz where tall unverifiable claims and misplaced vanities come to blossom ?
Go commit sudoku

Back