What are your all time HW rankings?

You need me to post the NC fight, cause there's nothing in Nog's favour from it. The simple fact that you're now using that as some point of discussion is a testament to your poor mindframe right now.
Interestin´..Hence your narrative now is that Gono´s lyin´? Ya didnt say "mopped thrice" ?

who, me? IIRC You´re the one who quoted me 1st and started this...argument.

Right or Wrong?
Your intial post dealt with another post that had Fedor at 1, Big Nog at 4. My post simply agreed that the gap wasn't there (based on 1 to 4) and that it was 1 and 2. In properly assessing 1 and 2, the biggest factor is the one-sided beatings.

This ain't difficult bro.

Well, was the NC not a moppin' until the NC?
Ya seem to really,really know what you´re talkin´about, mate...

Anyway, unless ya edited it, your backtrackin´s already official.

It iz what it iz.

Big Nog has as many top 10 wins as Cain has wins period, maybe even 1-2 more, I know he has at least 14.

Yeah I was debating the order of them, but considering Cain does have a win over Nog and he defended his title multiple times I edged it for him

Your intial post dealt with another post that had Fedor at 1, Big Nog at 4. My post simply agreed that the gap wasn't there (based on 1 to 4) and that it was 1 and 2. In properly assessing 1 and 2, the biggest factor is the one-sided beatings.

This ain't difficult bro.
Then you´re a weirdoh, since I didnt correct him about not havin´Nog #1 ,but about the gap between Fedor & Nog.

Right or Wrong?

Anyway, If you´re clueless about the problematic, it´s so simplistic that it becomes...simple, indeed..

lolol.png

Ya seem to really,really know what you´re talkin´about, mate...

Anyway, unless ya edited it, your backtrackin´s already official.

It iz what it iz.

He did mop him for all three fights though. The second fight was simply a continuation of the first......complete control and one-sided till the NC. Incredible that you're falling back to this aspect of the conversation. Take the L like a man bro.

Then you´re a weirdoh, since I didnt correct him about not havin´Nog #1 ,but about the gap between Fedor & Nog.

Right or Wrong?

Anyway, If you´re clueless about the problematic, it´s so simplistic that it becomes...simple, indeed..

View attachment 730747
Leave out some more "g"s in your typing, you'll sound more hardcore bro. lol

Yeah I was debating the order of them, but considering Cain does have a win over Nog and he defended his title multiple times I edged it for him

I don't see how that edges like twice as many quality wins.

I remember having the same arguments with Gono about the gap between Fedor and Nog.

Having slightly more top wins is overwhelmed by Fedor's degree of dominance against peers, and two crushing H2H wins without much adjustment for "prime and decline" considerations.

H2H absolutely counts to the degree both fighters are at the same place on the career arc and to the same degree they are near their prime. If both fighters are in or around their prime, those fights matter more than if one is in decline vs. peak of the other, if they are both clearly beyond faded (Tito vs. Chuck 3), etc...

http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-heavyweight/

He did mop him for all three fights though. The second fight was simply a continuation of the first......complete control and one-sided till the NC. Incredible that you're falling back to this aspect of the conversation. Take the L like a man bro.
The "L" ? Ya´re the one who shamelessly backtracked, mate... Right or Wrong?

Anyway... You´re makin´it interestin´again, & guess what... Gono loves it.

For the 2nd time, Gono´s answerin´ your 'challenge'.

Since ya´re kindah cocky & claim that ya´re an OG, Jus´Come, one-on-one:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...t-16-siamese-brothers-the-2-hw-goats.3851935/

Strictly:

> Historical Perspective / Context
> Skill Sets
> Technical Sequences

werdoom.gif

Leave out some more "g"s in your typing, you'll sound more hardcore bro. lol
It was actually a jazz 'thing' b4 hip hop even existed, but...no historical perspective in MMA... why would you have some IRL?

lolol.png

I remember having the same arguments with Gono about the gap between Fedor and Nog.

Having slightly more top wins is overwhelmed by Fedor's degree of dominance against peers, and two crushing H2H wins without much adjustment for "prime and decline" considerations.

H2H absolutely counts to the degree both fighters are at the same place on the career arc and to the same degree they are near their prime. If both fighters are in or around their prime, those fights matter more than if one is in decline vs. peak of the other, if they are both clearly beyond faded (Tito vs. Chuck 3), etc...

http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-heavyweight/
hmm..nah. IIRC ya were also challenged to discuss it & literally disappeared.

Meanwhile, your Fightmat is a pretty limited tool.

hmm..nah. IIRC ya were also challenged to discuss it & literally disappeared.

People have lives beyond Sherdog posting.

I don't remember what the point of contention actually was.

We pretty much both agree (right?) that:

A. Nog has a few more top wins than Fedor (owing primarily to Nog having more
B. Nog was "the guy" at HW in MMA in Rings and Pride pre-Fedor
C. Fedor has a strong list of top wins himself
D. Fedor beat Nog like a kettledrum twice, at a point where both guys were close to top form (or not radically removed from it).
E. The eye test supports Fedor as a superior fighter.
F. Their peers support Fedor as a superior fighter.

That doesn't lead to a "it's close" conclusion. It leads to a conclusion that one is clearly ranked above the other. There is a clear answer to the Fedor v. Nog question. It's not open-ended. A clear 1 and a clear 2.

Back