What are your all time HW rankings?

People have lives beyond Sherdog posting.

I don't remember what the point of contention actually was.

We pretty much both agree (right?) that:

A. Nog has a few more top wins than Fedor (owing primarily to Nog having more
B. Nog was "the guy" at HW in MMA in Rings and Pride pre-Fedor
C. Fedor has a strong list of top wins himself
D. Fedor beat Nog like a kettledrum twice, at a point where both guys were close to top form (or not radically removed from it).
E. The eye test supports Fedor as a superior fighter.
F. Their peers support Fedor as a superior fighter.

That doesn't lead to a "it's close" conclusion. It leads to a conclusion that one is clearly ranked above the other. There is a clear answer to the Fedor v. Nog question. It's not open-ended. A clear 1 and a clear 2.
hmmm..nah...

Last time, ya spent some 4-5 posts, some 25 lines + 2 posts ITT & some 20 lines. = aprox. 45 lines.

Last time, ya literally badmouthed them Decons threads, was challenged to expose them.
You need no more than 20 lines to expose one.

Ya literally vanished, mate, no excuses about 'private life' since ya´ve already spent 45 lines

It iz what it iz.

hmmm..nah...

Last time, ya spent some 4-5 posts, some 25 lines + 2 posts ITT & some 20 lines. = aprox. 45 lines.

Last time, ya literally badmouthed them Decons threads, was challenged to expose them.
You need no more than 20 lines to expose one.

Ya literally vanished, mate, no excuses about 'private life' since ya´ve already spent 45 lines

It iz what it iz.

First, I like that you avoided my content to ramble in street slang (you can type and post like a normal person, you don't need to pretend to be illiterate to seem more hardcore and gangsterous). Way to avoid the topic in an attempt to distract with nonsense. No really, no one can tell.

Have you considered that people might have meetings at specific times and might actually not post on Sherdog when they are at a work meeting? Or workplace interruptions? Or basic life interruptions with small children? Etc...?

I'm remembering you now. You are the guy that said leg locks haven't evolved in the last handful of years. Then I challenged you to discuss specifics and your personal training and you rambled about old school leg lockers and asked me if I was live in-person to witness the 1912 back alley street match between two "ancient old sage Mr. Miyagi" Japanese Judoka, or something similar to that.

First, I like that you avoided my content to ramble in street slang (you can type and post like a normal person, you don't need to pretend to be illiterate to seem more hardcore and gangsterous). Way to avoid the topic in an attempt to distract with nonsense. No really, no one can tell.

Have you considered that people might have meetings at specific times and might actually not post on Sherdog when they are at a work meeting? Or workplace interruptions? Or basic life interruptions with small children? Etc...?

I'm remembering you now. You are the guy that said leg locks haven't evolved in the last handful of years. Then I challenged you to discuss specifics and your personal training and you rambled about old school leg lockers and asked me if I was live in-person to witness the 1912 back alley street match between two "ancient old sage Mr. Miyagi" Japanese Judoka, or something similar to that.
hmmm..nah..

1st of all, this "street slang" was a jazz thing b4 hip hop even existed, educate yourself.

2nd, dont pretend ya hardly remember that back & forth, since ya correctly remembered me shamin´ya about that street fights BS.

3rd, I´ve never had any debate about leg locks with ya.

4th, I consider you a coward, plain & simple:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/is-stipe-the-hw-goat.4035301/page-5#post-156201063

Last edited:
1. Fedor
2. Big Nog
3. Werdum
4. Stipe
5. JDS
6. Cain
7. Barnett
8. Sylvia
9. Cro Cop
10. Overeem

IMO the top 5 is easy(though Werdum and Stipe are close to interchangeable) once you get passed them it gets difficult to rank 6-10.

DC didn't make my top 10 due to lack of HW fights against top level guys same for Couture since they both split time between HW and LHW.

That’s bullshit who cares if he wanted to go after jones at lhw. He still murks the majority of guys on your list so he deserves to be there based on that alone.

That’s bullshit who cares if he wanted to go after jones at lhw. He still murks the majority of guys on your list so he deserves to be there based on that alone.

I don't base all time lists on hypothetical fights that never happened, doing so would be bullshit.

1. Fedor
2./3. Stipe or Nog, can't decide, i will after Stipe retires.
4./5./6. Werdum, JDS, Cain, you can put them as you want and won't be wrong.

lol @ having Lesnar anywhere near top 10.

Dude had a prime that lasted what, 3 fights?

DC doesn't have enough HW fights against top competition. DC only has 7 fights at HW against top competition. Bigfoot, Mir, Nelson, Barnett, Lewis, Stipe x2.
All of that coupled with the fact that he was the strikeforce grand prix champ and the UFC champ with multiple title defenses more than puts him at the top.
Also Cain's HW resume is shit compared to DCs.

Perfect. People forget that JDS had a better career than Cain.
Definitely. The resume and strength of schedule between the two guys isn't really that comparable. JDS hasn't had an easy fight in the UFC whereas Cain did. If anything the only reason why Cain is so heralded is because of his wins over JDS. People just transfer all of JDS' accomplishments over to Cain.

I remember having the same arguments with Gono about the gap between Fedor and Nog.

Having slightly more top wins is overwhelmed by Fedor's degree of dominance against peers, and two crushing H2H wins without much adjustment for "prime and decline" considerations.

H2H absolutely counts to the degree both fighters are at the same place on the career arc and to the same degree they are near their prime. If both fighters are in or around their prime, those fights matter more than if one is in decline vs. peak of the other, if they are both clearly beyond faded (Tito vs. Chuck 3), etc...

http://www.fightmatrix.com/all-time-mma-rankings/all-time-heavyweight/
Spot on.

Gono is a good poster, I'm stunned that he doesn't agree with this.

Yeah I was debating the order of them, but considering Cain does have a win over Nog and he defended his title multiple times I edged it for him
He defended his title against 2 guys, one of which ko'd him. One win over a legend doesn't automatically make you one. If that were the case Berbick would be better than Ali and Douglas would be better than Tyson.

I don't rank Stipe very high. All of his opponents were very much in the fight, although he pulled off the wins. Other HWs dominated their foes.

Nobody gives a flying fuck where it came from. It's laughable that you're trying to recreate it in written form.....type normally mang.

bah, you´re the one who said that it was from some hardcore shit (dat sig of yours, tho...
Bad Mutha Shoopa...)
Backtrackin´again, right, mate?

Meanwhile, ya pussied out again from the 1-on-1. Keep deflectin´...

Rather weak, wont you agree, mate?

scared.gif

Last edited:
Back