Was Leon Edwards KO/postfight the most memorable moment in UFC history? Where would you rank it?

um.. it was a memorable moment... but it was on a card that didn't sell that well.. I would just go with not even top ten? but it was a cool moment and the line was pretty good.

no, the KO was awesome, but LEON is like a month old dry chicken, sucks all the life out of it.

It's up there with other dominant champs getting finished in shocking fashion.

Would have been more impactful if I could understand what he was saying

He knocked Usman out cold, then went on the mic and said bang headshot dead while screaming pumped up.

It was like a movie, where would you rank this moment?
It was a great moment. What he said went perfect with the moment. Also the "look at me now" was cool but he ended up over saying it over and over again since he was caught up in the moment with his emotions. It was like Chandler and his back flips lol. Most people will remember his "Bang headshot dead" line while he was being interviewed by Rogan with Usman standing in the background.

Absolutely not, the "p4p headshot dead" quote or whatever the fuck it was, was pretty cringy, good for him for the amazing KO and win but the guy can barely talk.

He knocked Usman out cold, then went on the mic and said bang headshot dead while screaming pumped up.

It was like a movie, where would you rank this moment?
For me? It's up there near the top for sure. For others? It's hard to say, since Edwards is not a well known or marketable fighter. I guess it depends on your vantage point. But looking at the event from head to toe, it has a lot going for it.

* Got a great knockout in a fight he was minutes away from losing against the #1 pound for pound fighter in many persons' eyes.
* Nowhere near the biggest upset, statistically, but still a damn big underdog
* Likely more well known (unfortunately) for getting punched during an interview by Jorge Masvidal than his actual (very impressive in my opinion) resume and accomplishments; this moment was just as much of a headkick to critics of his as it was to Usman
* Between rounds 4 and 5 before the knockout had one of the most motivational corner peptalks I've witnessed that went beyond technical advice and spoke to the heart

With all this in mind, given how emotional he was after the fight and how his face told such a big story with such strong signs of vindication, I 100% feel this is among the most memorable moments if I'm being asked for my personal choices. "Look at me now!" It just doesn't get better than that in my opinion.

Absolutely not, the "p4p headshot dead" quote or whatever the fuck it was, was pretty cringy, good for him for the amazing KO and win but the guy can barely talk.
Hey you stole my response come up with your own

3kzeqx (1).jpg

But hey, if you enjoyed it, then good for you.

I am not a Leon fan and really found his Twitter campaign to be filled with whining and entitlement during a period of fairly extreme inactivity.

His speech was annoyingly repetitive and lacked any basic context which reminded me of talking to a female where they have the backstory in their head and don't grasp that the listener ìsnt aware of the details in their head that they never said aloud.

Last edited:
the most memorable moment in UFC history?

LOL... it's not even in the Top 25 most memorable moments

- Nate Diaz utters "I'm not surprised..." after finishing Conor McGregor

- Khabib Nurmagomedov jumps out of the cage and starts a brawl at the highest selling PPV in UFC history

- Jorge Masvidal's flying knee KO of Ben Askren

- TUF 1 Finale: Forrest Griffin vs Stephan Bonnar

- Matt Serra mounts Georges St-Pierre and makes him tap to strikes

- Brock Lesnar's speech after beating Frank Mir in the rematch

- McGregor throws a dolly at a bus that injures several UFC fighters

- Georges St-Pierre announces that he is not impressed with Matt Hughes's performance

- Holly Holm KO's Ronda Rousey in front of one of the largest crowds in UFC history

- Conor McGregor KO's Jose Aldo in 13 seconds

- Hendo's obliterates Bisping with H-bombs at UFC 100

- Anderson Silva KO's Vitor Belfort with a front kick to the face and credits Steven Seagal

- Anderson Silva's leg snaps in the rematch with Chris Weidman

- Cro Cop is KO'd by a head kick from Gabriel Gonzaga that leaves him lifeless on the mat with his leg twisted

- Leon Edwards interrupts Jorge Masvidal's interview with Laura Sanko and then instantly regrets it as Masvidal comes right up to Edwards. As they are looking at each other after Edwards interrupted the interview to demand a fight, Madvidal unloads a combo that knocks Edwards into his mates' arms.

- Matt Hughes' comeback victory and slam against Frank Trigg

- Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier brawl at a press event

- Robbie Lawler and Rory MacDonald covered in blood staring at each other after Round 4

- Hendo vs Shogun

- Brock Lesnar finishes Randy Couture to win the belt

- Jon Jones destroys Shogun to become the youngest champion in UFC history

Back