Where do you place Leon Edwards in GOAT WW list?

GSP
Usman
Hugues
Edwards
Woodley
Lawler
Hendricks

If we're talking achievement in their era, GSP, Hughes, Usman, Woodley, Lawler, Shields are ahead. Macdonald and Condit, probably not.

Skill-wise, I'd say current Leon is probably top 5, along with GSP, prime Hendricks, Lawler and prime Rory. But Leon hasn't really been tested enough yet - he can handle wrestlers without very good striking like Usman, pre-eyepoke Belal (give Belal his fking title shot!) and Colby (Colby wasn't off imo. He couldn't figure out how to close the distance because he couldn't strike with Leon to create TD opportunities), but what happens against a guy like Shavkat who can probably close the distance and force Leon to wrestle/judo/bjj and actually has very good striking even if he can't get/doesn't want a takedown?
I'd even like to see him against Wonderboy (bit too old now though), to see if he outstrikes him or can grapple to a decision. I reckon he has too much grappling for Geoff Neal and probably outstrikes him too, but it'd be interesting to see how he deals with Geoff's boxing angles.

Colby was injured and also past his prime.
Leon would get rag dolled by prime Colby considering he was close to getting some by 35 year old Colby if not for injury

Are you a casual?

Cause RDA got schooled by Colby
Not what I saw, I saw missed shots shots hitting the guard and Colby trying to push rda against the fence which scores for nothing, one takedown doesn’t trump what rda did on the feet in that second round

2nd best from the bottom after bumlal muhamed

Not what I saw, I saw missed shots shots hitting the guard and Colby trying to push rda against the fence which scores for nothing, one takedown doesn’t trump what rda did on the feet in that second round

Not from what you saw? Lol

No fight knowledge obviously

Not too high at the moments once his career is over we can rank him

This conversation of who the goats are is so played out. How can you be the goat when no time's gone by. The sport's only been around for 30 years or so. It's too new for goats.

With 2 defences hes no where on my list
But colby and usmen are great wins

Colby looked as bad as anybody in title fights though. Probably the worst I've seen. Like mentioned, aldana may have looked better against Nunez, and she looked dogshit of them all.

4th or 5th defo behind Hughes, GSP and Usman

He's at least best uk fighter, he's just kinda so hard to place for me. I personally place GSP, Usman then no clue. Hughes was great and deserves respect but perhaps my dislike of the guy during his fighting career may cloud my judgement of him.

He is probably the best uk fighter of all time though, with Aspinall having all the talent in the world to make a run at that title.

Its too early to put him anywhere tbh. Let’s wait until he’s had a few more title defences, or losses the belt before he can be accurately ranked

He’s definitely our best fighter up to this point, no doubt. I do think big toms gonna out do him at the end of their respective careers. WW is and will always be a deeper division though, so in many ways he has a tougher task

Too early to tell but I bekive he will surpass gsp.

The top five right now.

Usman
Gsp
Leon Edwards
Tyron Woodley
Matt Hughes

Its too early to put him anywhere tbh. Let’s wait until he’s had a few more title defences, or losses the belt before he can be accurately ranked

He’s definitely our best fighter up to this point, no doubt. I do think big toms gonna out do him at the end of their respective careers. WW is and will always be a deeper division though, so in many ways he has a tougher task

He's not the best fight imo. I think priime Usman, Colby, Shavkat all are better.

Not even in the conversation at this point. He'd be towards the bottom of WW champions. Behind GSP, Hughes, Usman, Woodley, Lawler,, and Miletich. Ahead of BJ, Newton, Hendricks, and Sera who had no defenses.

Just wondering what Sherdog thinks about Leon's place amongst the greats at WW division.

Leon's 14-2 in UFC, with wins over Covington, Usman twice, Nate, RDA, Luque, Gunnar, Cerrone and Tumenov.

Personally, if Covington didn't look so utter dogshit, and I have always rated Covington highly before he went full heel, I would have easier time ranking Leon but he looked as bad as anyone in the history of MMA title fights. I wouldn't necessarily be in disagreement if one would argue that Aldana looked better against Nunez than Covington did against Leon.

Personally, it's GSP above everyone else and then Usman in the second place. I'm not sure where to place Leon. Leon's accomplishments are amazing, but I don't necessarily think Leon beats pre-USADA Hendricks, pre-USADA lawler, prime Rory, prime Wonderboy, prime Covington, prime Usman, prime Woodley, prime Condit, prime Alves, prime Shields, prime Fitch, and that list in my opinion would be very long. I'm not sure if Leon could get on his bike and wrestle his way to victory against Nick either.

When I try to evaluate a fighter, I try to look at their peak talent ability/skills and accomplishments. Leon's got the sterling record, win streak, and a win over arguably the best two WWs of his time. But his skillset wise, I don't necessarily rate it higher than the aforementioned fighters. I don't think Leon beats Shavkat, either.

Leon's not half the finisher what people make him out to be. Outside the hail mary of all hail mary against Usman, he only has on other (t)ko in his entire ufc run and even then that was kinda flukish. The other one was just wierd as hell stoppage with a second left in the fight. He's a clean, effective striker, but nothing more. But overall, he's a hell of a fighter.

Where would you rank Leon amongst WW all-time greats?

Lol you guys were doing this with Usman, and then even Woodley, before that.

GOAT means greatest of all time. That should be a short list. Anything else should be written as top 5 or top 10.

Does GOAT mean nothing? Literally only 2 WW's so far actually have a fair claim: GSP and Matt Hughes (to a lesser extent).

Just wondering what Sherdog thinks about Leon's place amongst the greats at WW division.

Leon's 14-2 in UFC, with wins over Covington, Usman twice, Nate, RDA, Luque, Gunnar, Cerrone and Tumenov.

Personally, if Covington didn't look so utter dogshit, and I have always rated Covington highly before he went full heel, I would have easier time ranking Leon but he looked as bad as anyone in the history of MMA title fights. I wouldn't necessarily be in disagreement if one would argue that Aldana looked better against Nunez than Covington did against Leon.

Personally, it's GSP above everyone else and then Usman in the second place. I'm not sure where to place Leon. Leon's accomplishments are amazing, but I don't necessarily think Leon beats pre-USADA Hendricks, pre-USADA lawler, prime Rory, prime Wonderboy, prime Covington, prime Usman, prime Woodley, prime Condit, prime Alves, prime Shields, prime Fitch, and that list in my opinion would be very long. I'm not sure if Leon could get on his bike and wrestle his way to victory against Nick either.

When I try to evaluate a fighter, I try to look at their peak talent ability/skills and accomplishments. Leon's got the sterling record, win streak, and a win over arguably the best two WWs of his time. But his skillset wise, I don't necessarily rate it higher than the aforementioned fighters. I don't think Leon beats Shavkat, either.

Leon's not half the finisher what people make him out to be. Outside the hail mary of all hail mary against Usman, he only has on other (t)ko in his entire ufc run and even then that was kinda flukish. The other one was just wierd as hell stoppage with a second left in the fight. He's a clean, effective striker, but nothing more. But overall, he's a hell of a fighter.

Where would you rank Leon amongst WW all-time greats?
Somewhere between GSP and that camera guy over there..

Gsp

Usman
Hughes
Lawler
Shields
Leon
Woodley
Hendricks
Condit
Thompson
Diaz

Back