War Room Lounge v97: Jesus Christ, you're even pedantic with foreplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
...but he's still much better than the Nostra, SBJJ, Farmer, ElKarlo types that normally defend right-wing idiocy.
In what way? Anyway, we may have to just agree to disagree on this one, methinks.

So I guess "boogaloo" is now being used as the right wing extremist reference to a new Civil War, and it's really catching on with the forum and people seem very excited about it. That's fun.

So I guess "boogaloo" is now being used as the right wing extremist reference to a new Civil War, and it's really catching on with the forum and people seem very excited about it. That's fun.
It still just makes me think of Breakin’ 2. I really wonder about the genesis of this “boogaloo” as civil war 2 term. Wonder if it’s connected to the breakdancing franchise.

It still just makes me think of Breakin’ 2. I really wonder about the genesis of this “boogaloo” as civil war 2 term. Wonder if it’s connected to the breakdancing franchise.

Probably. It'd be Civil War 2 right? The usual reference I've seen regardless of context is, "Something Something 2: Something Boogaloo".

I'll grovel at the feet of some admin/mod at some point but I don't know many of them these days.

I'm a mod

the problem is with the new Xenforo software - it was the old forum that could support these

What you need is a programmer

Probably. It'd be Civil War 2 right? The usual reference I've seen regardless of conttext is, "Something Something 2: Something Boogaloo".
Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo was a classic 80s breakdancing movie. It’s just funny (strange) because I do not associate it with far right separatists at all

Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo was a classic 80s breakdancing movie

Yeah, sad to say I've seen it. Van Damme and all.
What I mean is every reference to "boogaloo" I've seen for decades has followed the format of the title.

It’s just funny (strange) because I do not associate it with far right separatists at all

It's been an "extremely online" culture for some time now.
Even the old Turner Diaries generation is probably memeing these days.

Probably. It'd be Civil War 2 right? The usual reference I've seen regardless of context is, "Something Something 2: Something Boogaloo".

This is right.

the meme is Civil War 2: Electric Boogaloo, which is just shortened to 'Boogaloo' by the spergs.

"Electric Boogaloo" is an ancient meme, but it's started to gain traction again with the aforementioned spergs to mean a second civil war. They probably got it from the libertarians, who used it more in the vein of American Revolution 2, when they felt the government overstepped their bounds.

From MMAFighting:

Cerrone’s face was visibly bruised and bloodied and Rogan asked how much of the damage was done by McGregor’s unorthodox shoulder strikes in the clinch.

“100 percent, I’d never seen anything like that,” Cerrone said. “They threw me way off-guard, he busted my nose, it started bleeding, then he stepped back and head-kicked me. I was like, ‘Oh man, this is happening this fast? I got my ass whipped early.’

Cerrone like

VK11XkV.gif

The Urban Dictionary definitions sure are something :

A common Libertarian meme to reference the overthrowing of a government or authoritarian force by a(n) (armed) revolution.

This can also be in regard to a societal revolution whereby the citizenry of the United States become aware of the reality of certain political topics, or are “ redpilled ”, rather than using their preconceived emotions to form an opinion on those specific political topics.
Dude: Rising politicians are calling for the banning of certain firearms, and these new Red Flag laws are allowing for the police to confiscate our firearms!

Ancap: It’s Boogaloo time.
by iRunFromTheTaxman March 12, 2019

Also :
Boogaloo
Boogaloo origin: Orgy by a group of island native midgets
Boogaloo: being fucked in every hole
I just boogaloo'd by some sexy dudes.
by Boogaloo Clan September 22, 2013

Hmm, you're aware that when people insult each other, the meaning and gravity of the insult is relative to the relationship of the people, right?

I think you are, but you're trying to score a cheap shot.

Let's take two examples from each end of the spectrum. First, take two good friends, and one of them one day tells the other that he's always thought he was a liar and a generally bad person, and this is motivated by a disagreement they have. Second, let's take an antagonist who is consistently an asshole and a cheat, but is tolerated for other reasons, and a couple of people he was an asshole to say that he was an asshole.

The situations you're comparing are not very different from those two examples. You know it's a terrible comparison, but again, you're looking for the meme-y cheap shot.

Yeah, "I secretly always thought you have a mental disorder that doesn't even come close to describing you while I was friendly with you" vs. "I keep telling you, you should get that shit checked out." I have advised wai to look into his thing many times. It's also not as insulting. He's a smart guy but he has severe difficulty understanding non-literal communication, for example often interpreting obvious jokes as evidence that other people are impossibly dumb. And one of IMO Tarantino's two big strengths as a storytelling is the ability to really send a strong message in dialogue that is counter to the literal meaning of the words. So it's not surprising that wai really doesn't get him.

I lean libertarian to some degree but damn they’re so embarrassing as a larger group.

<{clintugh}>

Why are they using “Hawaiian floral” prints?

I hate everything right now
the idea came to them while eating a traditional native hawaiian pineapple & ham pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back